Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #3031
krystle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
When I first read this, I thought, wow, that is quite the schedule. But you know your family and if they can handle then do it. My advice is to go with the flow as you don't want an overwhelmed kid. My daughters wish was Sea World, we did that on Day 2, after that, she asked everyday if we were going home. She needs a schedule. The kids always asked when we were going back to GKTW. We could have stayed there all day everyday! I think Sea World was our best day
Edited to add: I do not know much about Epcot, but I hear that it's best for older children?? Maybe not but the 2 year old may not enjoy it if that is the case.
hey im really not for sure how it going to work I know we will give the kids naps in the middle of the day. the dr thinks that Jmaes might have bad seizures bc of happy stress. so im not really for sure on how to do everything; I think that we will just hit one or 2 things and let the kids take it in. We will deffently be using the baby care centers if James starting acting like he is going to have one. Did yall have any problems taking meds on the airplane like a controlled substance? James's emergency meds is a controlled substance. thanks yall
Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #3032
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
hey im really not for sure how it going to work I know we will give the kids naps in the middle of the day. the dr thinks that Jmaes might have bad seizures bc of happy stress. so im not really for sure on how to do everything; I think that we will just hit one or 2 things and let the kids take it in. We will deffently be using the baby care centers if James starting acting like he is going to have one. Did yall have any problems taking meds on the airplane like a controlled substance? James's emergency meds is a controlled substance. thanks yall
No problem with meds. My daughter gets a growth hormone shot everyday, so we had needles too, and had no problem. We did though take a doctors note just in case.
My kids absolutely loved all the shows. They liked the rides...sort of. But the shows, they sat and took it in. I went with a tentative plan and we ended up changing it as we went. As long as you have that in your head, taking leads from your kids, it will be a better tripl we never rushed out the door, we wandered GKTW every morning and night. After breakfast was always a ride on the carousel.
Oh, if you will be interested in meeting the characters that come to the village, eat breakfast at the ice cream palace. They have omelets, yogurts, cereal, etc. Then scoot to the characters. We were first in line for Mickey doing that
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #3033
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Hey guys! Holden made his wish yesterday!!!! Although we were pretty sure he was going to wish for Disney World/Mickey Mouse he said "Mickey Mouse Boat" when they asked. They didn't allow any input from the parents what-so-ever and they also didn't ask for a second or third choice just in case. They also didn't ask for specific dates, just the preferred month of travel. The volunteers made mention that Disney is currently sailing out of Galveston however the preferred month of travel is June or July (school summer break for the oldest two) and Disney won't be sailing out of Galveston during those months. We'll see how it goes. The family was told they need to get their passports asap as they won't reserve anything without passports in hand.

My BFF should be joining the DIS soon to start her PT report.

Thanks to everyone who has helped answering questions and such. I'm sure we will have many more to come.

That's awesome! I'm sure he'll have a blast. I think we might be a part of te same chapter. I'm in Louisiana...the Texas Gulf coast chapter. We're still waiting to see if Ava qualifies though. Unfortunately she heard the phone call with the dr where he said yes. I keep telling her that they may still deny her, but I don't think she's listening to me. Lol.

Kristy
Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #3034
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas792 View Post
We got our dates for Feb 0th to Feb 16th. I thought we were going to get a rental car but today the wish granter said when we get to the airport GKTW would meet us and bring us to the village - then we ould use their transportation to the parks.
Does nyone now how this works? Will we still be able to get to the walmart and all the parks?
Thaks Jo
Yay for dates!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
We just found out that we get to go on February 17th. My son Jessie James, wish kid, has really really bad uncontrolled epilepsy and has a mass on his brain stem. He takes more depokate than my adult client and has been airlifted 3 times. We are waiting for the date that we have his surprise party; he don't know yet so it is really hard to keep it from him.
So anyway have any advise on how to plan when we are leaving in 3 weeks; and we are using a shuttle because we didn't have the money to get insurance so any advise on how to work that? And should we bring any money with us? Or anything that a 5, Jessie james; and my other son 2 should see? I really don't know how this thread works but could use any advise.
Glad you have dates! It is coming up so fast! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! That is so cool he is going to have a surprise party to find out! When Trev's wish was accepted they called us on the phone and said we could tell Trev at that point. I had heard of some chapters doing a reveal but it was just as exciting telling Trev too

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
I just had to share a picture of my project for the cruise.

These are pillow cases for the characters to sign. On the first day we can drop these off at the desk and they will return them on the last day with all their signatures!!
I posted a couple other pics on Carter's PTR!
SO cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Hey guys! Holden made his wish yesterday!!!! Although we were pretty sure he was going to wish for Disney World/Mickey Mouse he said "Mickey Mouse Boat" when they asked. They didn't allow any input from the parents what-so-ever and they also didn't ask for a second or third choice just in case. They also didn't ask for specific dates, just the preferred month of travel. The volunteers made mention that Disney is currently sailing out of Galveston however the preferred month of travel is June or July (school summer break for the oldest two) and Disney won't be sailing out of Galveston during those months. We'll see how it goes. The family was told they need to get their passports asap as they won't reserve anything without passports in hand.

My BFF should be joining the DIS soon to start her PT report.

Thanks to everyone who has helped answering questions and such. I'm sure we will have many more to come.

How exciting!! I can't wait to hear all about the plans!

We are still waiting on dates... I'm not sure why it is SO much harder to wait this time!?! We waited 7 months for Star Wars Weekends to be announced (Trev's wish is to go to SWW). It has only been a month since those dates have been announced but it feels like so much more!

To all those going on their trips in the next few weeks I hope you have a magical time and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #3035
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
That's awesome! I'm sure he'll have a blast. I think we might be a part of te same chapter. I'm in Louisiana...the Texas Gulf coast chapter. We're still waiting to see if Ava qualifies though. Unfortunately she heard the phone call with the dr where he said yes. I keep telling her that they may still deny her, but I don't think she's listening to me. Lol.

Kristy
Yes, I believe that's it! Everyone is excited and they are doing their passport applications this week!

I hope Ava qualifies!!!! Fingers crossed! Keep us updated!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; November 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; January 2016 - Disney Magic
Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #3036
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

We finally heard from our wish granters YAY!!!

We meet with them next week.

But I had a question for those of you with older kids. Did you guys spend a lot of time at Universal? Thats what I think my kids would be into the most. But they also have concerts and stuff going on there. Was MAW able to get you into any of those? My MAW kid would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a concert!!!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #3037
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom View Post

But I had a question for those of you with older kids. Did you guys spend a lot of time at Universal? Thats what I think my kids would be into the most. But they also have concerts and stuff going on there. Was MAW able to get you into any of those? My MAW kid would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a concert!!!
How exciting!! I can't wait to hear what his wish is!

Jackie

Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #3038
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

I just heard back from our wish grantor and we have a tentative date of June 2-8! We are waiting to hear for sure from the folks at Star Wars Weekend. GKTW has already reserved us a spot.

Has anyone stayed on Disney property during their wish trip? There may be a chance we do not get to stay at GKTW. We have been getting excited staying at GKTW so hopefully we will be able to stay there.

Jackie

Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #3039
CPTRachelWilliams
Earning My Ears

Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #3040
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom

For concerts at Universal, as long as they aren't at Hard Rock Live, they are included in the park admission with the exception of Rock The Universe.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #3041
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!!!

My 3 year old daughter, Jacey (I'm going to call her Ja, though, on the boards), was diagnosed with Leukemia back in April of last year. Since she's doing really well, and is on treatment until Oct '14, we decided that we would do her MAW trip while she's still on treatment, but during one of the lulls she has between major chemo. So, we submitted our dates, and just found out that we're heading to FL April 27 - May 4!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #3042
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

How long are you guys getting your dates after meeting with your wish granters?

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #3043
krystle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
Hi everyone!!!!

My 3 year old daughter, Jacey (I'm going to call her Ja, though, on the boards), was diagnosed with Leukemia back in April of last year. Since she's doing really well, and is on treatment until Oct '14, we decided that we would do her MAW trip while she's still on treatment, but during one of the lulls she has between major chemo. So, we submitted our dates, and just found out that we're heading to FL April 27 - May 4!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
hey im sorry to hear about your daughter getting sick; congrats im sure it will renew her strength.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #3044
krystle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom View Post
How long are you guys getting your dates after meeting with your wish granters?
we waited 3 weeks n we leave Feb 17
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #3045
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Random question....I have a friend who lives in Rhode Island and her daughter qualifies for a wish through A Wish come True. Last time I talked to her asking if she knew what her daughter is going to wish for. My friend said that it would be to come and see me of course. I met them at GKTW last year and live in the Orlando area. Any idea how the foundation might handle this? Would the family stay at GKTW again and be able to enjoy the things there?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: