Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #286
lorasmom
DIS Veteran

We heard back from our wish volunteer last night that she officially turned in our paperwork for Gab's wish, quote, "To be a princess with Cinderella at Disney World, and see my grandparents."

I don't think that could be any cuter.
DD#1, 12
DD#2, 10
Leukemia-fighting DD#3, 5
Gabby's MAW PTR!

Mom. Runner. Disney lover. Cancer hater.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #287
Sleeping~Beauty
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the welcome everyone. It is so nice to be here at this board with such wonderful people.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #288
starienite
Mouseketeer

Were do you all get your countdown tickers? I am thinking I need to make one now, but I would really like to get a Phineas and Ferb one cause that is Dev's favorite.

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #289
angcmom
Earning My Ears

We're back

We returned home last night from our fantastic and magical trip! When we left Orlando, the temperature was 85 degrees. Last night, the thermometer in my van said 33.

Our trip was more awesome than I could have imagined. Abigail had a great time swimming with the dolphin at Discovery Cove and meeting ALL the princesses during a magical day at Magic Kingdom.

Give Kids the World was spectacular and like everyone else has said, we did not want to leave. We did extend our trip by 3 nights and stayed in a nearby condo....we ended up going back to the village twice because we missed it so much.

The boys had a great vacation as well, and when I asked my oldest, he said the greatest part was not having to stand in any lines. Ever. At one point we joked that we had been in more exits at Universal and Disney than we had entrances. You really had the sense that you were being treated like royalty.

So many great moments that I want to record...I'm hoping to start our trip report within the next couple of days. I have an unbelievable number of pictures to go through and upload to the computer...I guess that is what will take the longest.

We are already talking about our next trip to Florida so we can volunteer at GKTW. I am beyond grateful to Make-a-Wish and Give Kids the World for making Abigail's wish come true and giving my kids a vacation that money could never buy.

Pre-trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post42896165
Old 11-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #290
lorasmom
DIS Veteran

I posted a PTR... here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2835505
DD#1, 12
DD#2, 10
Leukemia-fighting DD#3, 5
Gabby's MAW PTR!

Mom. Runner. Disney lover. Cancer hater.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #291
wbh1964
Mouseketeer

Lindsay's MAW trip pre-trip link

Hey guys! I am slowly but surely learning how to use the computer for more than emails and to organize photos...lol!!! I finally took time to read thru the directions on how to link Lindsay's pre-trip post to my signature...and I think it works!!! yea...I am so proud of me
Linds is having a very difficult time these days and is in alot of pain...BUT she is looking so forward to our upcoming trip. We are anxiously awaiting details but patience is not a trait in our family...lol! But from what I have read, it is not unusual for MAW to wait until close to the trip time to provide details...so until then, I will post more pics of Linds on her pre trip report and just ask that each of you would remember her in your prayers....Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week next week!!!! We ALL have so very much to be thankful for!!!!
Matthew 6:33 "and He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."

Lindsay's Make A Wish becomes an answer to her prayer!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #292
waiting4ourtrip
Earning My Ears

MAW trip-First time to Disney

I am still learning how these Disney Boards work. Tommy's MAW trip to WDW is scheduled for Dec 20 thru the 26th. Our kids are very excited, it will be the first time any of them have been to anything Disney.

Tommy loves the Cars movie and Mickey Mouse. Our daughter K made a paper chain to count down the days until we go. Our older children are researching water parks.

Our kids are also excited about the cookie cart. I did just read though that someone never saw it. I am wondering if GKTW serves enough food to keep my 6'2" 17yo son full.

Tommy's wish party is Dec 10.

Tommy's pre-trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2801674
Old 11-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #293
sgarrity
Mouseketeer

We will be in Disney at GKTW from Dec 20-26. Then moving to a house from the 26th to 2nd. The parks are listed below. We have excluded Epcot as we went there a few years ago and it did not hold the kids interest.
WDW (1 and 1/2 days)
AK
HS
Sea World
US and/or IOA Since DeAnna's surgery, she is pretending she is Cindy Lou Who with her new nose so considering Dr. Suess land in IOA.

Which parks do we need to make sure to visit while we have our pass and which ones would be okay to wait until the 2nd week.

We have one reservation to have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch on the 21st. I have read that WDW is really buy after Christmas so thinking we should do that the 1st week. Money is going to be kinda tight with her recent surgery and travel for treatment expenses so we will be doing this trip economically. Bargin ideas are appreciated!!!!

Can anyone PM we a good guess at how much the expenditures check might be? We from the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana chapter.

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Our Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post40707717

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 11-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #294
angcmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarrity View Post
Which parks do we need to make sure to visit while we have our pass and which ones would be okay to wait until the 2nd week.
I felt like Abigail's button and the GAC were checked more at Hollywood Studios (especially at Toy Story Mania) and Epcot (Soarin' and Test Track)than anywhere else. I think they were checking the number of guests allowed moreso than the dates, though.

We went Sea World after we had checked out of the village. We had no problem with getting free parking and all the other perks of Sea World. It was not very crowded when we were there...we never waited for a ride more than 5 minutes. We loved Sea World!

Pre-trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post42896165
Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #295
horsefan824
WDW princess (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
So - Somewhat LESS than 9 months and 2 weeks until your Disney trip? WOoHOO! Are you staying at GKTW?
Yes I am staying at GKTW and i'm really excited i'm just upset that i can't ride the roller coasters because of my seizures
Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #296
Leeds-Josh
Mouseketeer

Hey!

So we go home tomorrow and today is our last full day

Yesterday we went to discovery cove and swam with the dolphins, it was AMAZING!!! Suprisingly I loved the aviary, maybe because all the birds came to me! I was like a bird magnet.

So after 2 weeks of fun and excitement today will be our final park day. We have decided to go to Hollywood Studios again as this was our favourite disney park. We also havent been on toy story mania, rock n rollercoaster or seen fantasmic so it was kind of a must do!

Hollywood studios will be the only disney park we have been to twice on this holiday as we thought Universal was out of this world and ended up at the studios twice and the islands 3 times. I think the fact that we are all potty about potter kinda made the decision to go back there even easier!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #297
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow wish trippers! I have a quick question regarding the photopass CD. I understand you have a photopass card that you give to the photographer and they scan it so your pictures are then linked to it. At the end of your MAW trip, do you give that card to GKTW for the free photopass CD? Or do you bring it home and login online with the photopass card info and order your cd from home?

Thanks for the info!

TWELVE DAYS!!! The kids are SO excited. I think I'm a little more excited for Thanksgiving. Carson's entire family is going to his sisters.. all six siblings will be there.. parents.. 11 cousins. We have so much to be grateful for!!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #298
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensheart View Post
Hello fellow wish trippers! I have a quick question regarding the photopass CD. I understand you have a photopass card that you give to the photographer and they scan it so your pictures are then linked to it. At the end of your MAW trip, do you give that card to GKTW for the free photopass CD? Or do you bring it home and login online with the photopass card info and order your cd from home?
You will have to order it online. The Village will give you directions on how to go about ordering it in one of the packets they give you.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #299
wbh1964
Mouseketeer

Do you know if you don't stay at GKTW for the wish trip but stay on Disney Property, do we then pre-order a cd or can we still get it thru GKTW?
Matthew 6:33 "and He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."

Lindsay's Make A Wish becomes an answer to her prayer!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #300
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm Michelle. MAW just called us last night to let me know that my son Jayden has been approved for a wish !! His wish is to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm still in shock and couldn't sleep last night because I was literally vibrating with excitement !!
I have no idea where to even begin.

My son Jayden was born at 34 weeks gestation on July 26, 2004 with a CHD called Tetralogy of Fallot. He has undergone open heart surgery and countless other procedures in the past 7 years. He still faces the challenge of having just 1 pulmonary valve and will have to have a replacement at some point.
Jayden has an ID brother named Jesse who was born healthy and with a unlimited amount of patience and love for his brother.

I have so many questions running around my head and each time I think about it I get teary eyed and overwhelmed ! I can't believe this is happening to us.
I'll be hanging around here a lot trying to gather as much info as I can to make the most out of this extraordinary opportunity.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: