Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks for getting the new thread going! Getting so excited here as we anxiously await our dates! Already doing a bit of pre-planning. Did check online and looks like CRT is already booked up for our potential dates. Thinking of calling anyway to see if there are any openings at all.

Also, we are planning on doing MVMCP. I really want the day we spend at MK to be "magical" and know it will be a tiring day. We are planning on doing BBB and hopefully CRT. Therefore, I want to do MVMCP on a different night. Which of the other parks can be done in a "short" day so that we could do MVMCP on the same night without tiring the girls out?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #17
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
You are very kind Maroo. I am afraid I haven't had time to be as supportive as I would like to be. It can be intimidating to jump on to the message boards as a newbie (It was to me, I had never done anything like this before and as you know, I don't facebook). It always helped to have someone answer your question or respond with a friendly comment. The DIS has blessed me with some incredible friends.

We leave for Lisa's Make a Wish trip in

After waiting for so long and having to postpone twice for medical reasons, I can't believe the time is almost here! I do have a prayer need/request, in case you haven't seen it on Lisa's PTR (and I KNOW how busy you are, still praying for those PM'd needs). Lisa's heart has gotten markedly worse on ECHO since May 26. We have to return to Philadelphia for an inpatient (at least a week, probably more) cardiac cath. During one of Lisa's numerous caths they damaged her femoral artery, causing an occlusion so we know the risks and dangers all too well and she has to be weaned from coumadin to heparin, then back, hence the hospitalization. We were given the green light to take the trip; however, I found out yesterday the MD wants the cath scheduled within 2 to 5 weeks. PLEASE PRAY we will be able to take Lisa's MAW trip without any further delays and that she will be safe to travel.

Thank you again for keeping this thread going for part FIVE!!! I am so grateful to the original Wish Thread group from 2007. This has served s an inspiration for so many excited and nervous Wish Families and I would LOVE to see some of the past families join back in and give us updates on their families, as well as tips for being a Wish Family!
I hope everything goes fine and I will think of you guys in my prayers so that Lisa can finally have her wish.

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
katieb4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2pixies View Post
If your child is celebrating a birthday while staying at GKTW, let them know at front desk. They will arrange that the morning of the kid's birthday, a helium balloon and little surprise package is waiting for them on the porch. Inside will be a colouring book, some crayons, a special card from Mayor Clayton and a special birthday button that they are to wear to breakfast (where they will receive a special breakfast and everyone will sing them 'Happy Birthday!') They will also receive a special note to bring to the Castle of Miracles where they will be able to pick out a special present from a giant gift box.

What a great way to celebrate! Makes them feel really special. Normally, they only do it if the child's actual birthday falls during the trip, but for some reason, our MAW rep made special arrangements that we were to celebrate Brooke's birthday on the trip. She turns four on Monday! Yeah!!
Thats so cool! Do they only do this for the Wish kid?? Or for other kids?? My son, daughter (non wish kids) will celebrate bdays as well as my husband during our trip.

Lots of great tips! Thanks!

Hubby Brian Jacob 12 Hannah 10 Sophia 6 Gabbie (MAWK) 4

Princess Gabbie's PTR Below!

http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41135717

Old 09-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #19
starienite
Mouseketeer

Okay I just made Dev's PTR. The first post is really just his background and story of his AVM.

Dev's MAW PTR

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #20
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Just so everyone knows, there is a minor GKTW entertainment schedule change. Every Monday for the month of October is a Halloween Event instead of Safari Double Dare/Kids Night Out.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #21
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Just so everyone knows, there is a minor GKTW entertainment schedule change. Every Monday for the month of October is a Halloween Event instead of Safari Double Dare/Kids Night Out.
Is NewDrama12 the 'wizard' volunteer we met while at GKTW a few weeks ago? I'm the mom of Brooke and Avery and we chatted several times during the week! Nice to see you on here and thanks for keeping the wishtrippers in the loop!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #22
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2pixies View Post
Is NewDrama12 the 'wizard' volunteer we met while at GKTW a few weeks ago? I'm the mom of Brooke and Avery and we chatted several times during the week! Nice to see you on here and thanks for keeping the wishtrippers in the loop!
Sure is! No problem. I love the wishtrippers!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
BuzznWoodysMom
Earning My Ears

Hi maroo!!!!

Now that I've been found by Maroo it makes this all seem more real. Maroo you are wonderful . To answer your questions, yes this is a GKTW/MAW trip. I will try to update later today!

Our pre-trip report, MAW/GKTW
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2787581

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wt36dyxofi.png
Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
disneymomma01
Mouseketeer

We leave in

:dance rarty::mal eficen :dogdan ce:

Thank you you for the amazing pre-journey ride!! You guys serious ROCK!! I cannot wait to get home & share my post hourney ride with you all!!

Pre-trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701134
Old 09-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #25
BuzznWoodysMom
Earning My Ears

Another little tip, for those of you who subscribe to Netflix, they have quite a few Disney Park videos to watch, or order. We've never been able to watch movies with our son because of his sensory issues, but at least three nights a week for the last month he will ask to watch a Disney Park video. We make popcorn and all hit the couch , after all, it's research! Or maybe just a little pre-Disney magic.

Our pre-trip report, MAW/GKTW
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2787581

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wt36dyxofi.png
Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #26
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznWoodysMom View Post
Another little tip, for those of you who subscribe to Netflix, they have quite a few Disney Park videos to watch, or order. We've never been able to watch movies with our son because of his sensory issues, but at least three nights a week for the last month he will ask to watch a Disney Park video. We make popcorn and all hit the couch , after all, it's research! Or maybe just a little pre-Disney magic.
Thank you so much for this info! We'll definitely be checking this out!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #27
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznWoodysMom View Post
Girl you and me are alike. When my son found out his wish was coming true. He had us watching the Disney Park Videos all the time off of the netflix. The videos are nice because you learn about Disney parks. I can't wait to go to the Animal Kingdom.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #28
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been aloud to take anyone else on their child wish trip that does not live in the home.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #29
starienite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlebakers View Post
Has anyone been aloud to take anyone else on their child wish trip that does not live in the home.
My dad is coming along, but he has to pay his own airfare, tickets to the park, etc. They didn't mention that he had to pay for staying at GTKW. I am thinking that the fee GKTW charges is a flat rate and not per person.

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #30
katieb4
Mouseketeer

Another question.....

Bags, what kind of bags do people recomend a person use to carry their "stuff" in at the parks?

2 WEEKS!!!!!

Hubby Brian Jacob 12 Hannah 10 Sophia 6 Gabbie (MAWK) 4

Princess Gabbie's PTR Below!

http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41135717

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: