Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #2926
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Welcome Hobbsfamily 6! So glad that you found the board everyone is so helpful!

Wanted to share a picture of our MAW shirts. I know a lot have said they only get white or blue. We are very lucky that our chapter has such a selection of colors! I can't wait to take pictures in these shirts, the colors look great together!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #2927
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas792
we will be there feb 17th -- how was it at universal --do you have to wait on lines? do they also give you a photo pass --- so excited we cant wait
No at universal you will not have to wait in lines for most everything! They do not give you a photo pass, since they don't have it. But I thin that they offer a free picture or at least I know they did last year.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #2928
jon03015
Mouseketeer

11 days till we leave! We are all sick with colds/bronchitis. I hope we can all get better, pray that we will! I have been sick off and on since before Thanksgiving, I went to the Dr to be sure everything was okay and my labs were fine, but they did put me on antibiotics. Trying to take care of myself so I won't be sick. My kids are feeling a little better. I think they are on the tail end of this junk we have all had.
I will be working on freezer paper shirts today!!! We will all have matching Star Wars t-shirts. Very, very excited.
We handed out invitations to Austin's surprise send off party to all the medical staff yesterday. You should have seen the look on some of their faces, they were so touched. I am so excited that some of them will be trying to come! It will make it super special. I think half of our church will be there. Everyone wants to come out and celebrate. Feeling very blessed right now.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #2929
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Just found out that my husband's finger that he broke now needs surgery BEFORE we leave on the 19th. Oh boy. Well at least it isn't his foot, andhe can still walk.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #2930
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

Hi, All!
I am having a great time reading everyone's posts. I really need to tackle this thread from the beginning. Anyhow? What do you think....my ds's dr. has about a six month waiting period to get in, even for rechecks. She scheduled him in June, the 14th. We have requested the dates 5/31-6/9. Do you think we will be OK? Do you think I should call the wish granters and let them know? (I have called them twice since November already. Once to change from Spring Break and the second to find out if Prescott's grandma could go to help. The first was a big yes and the second a big no ) Anyway, I just don't know if I should take a "chill pill" or call them? What would you do?

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #2931
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!! I just joined and can not wait to get all the info we can for our MAW trip!! We just got "the call" on Sunday saying that we were accepted!! Now we just wait for our wish granter to call. Jacob deserves so much and I can not wait for him to go on a trip and not worry about doc appts and hospital visits! My wish kid Jacob, has Mitochondrial Disease, autism, MCAD, and severe chronic constipation. He is such a great kid and I can not wait to tell him and his brother!!!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Last edited by Jakentysmom; 01-10-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #2932
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

I finally got the nerve to ask our pediatrician about Make a Wish. He immediately said that he thought it was a great idea and would give Ava a boost. He said Ava needs a break from her reality and he would be happy to approve her. Now I just have to hope all the paperwork goes through without a hitch!! :-)
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #2933
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Hi Britney So glad Jacob gets a wish and so glad you found the board!

Hi Kristy Glad you decided to submit a referral for Ava. Hope you hear some good news soon!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #2934
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Melissa...thanks!!

Kristy...so glad you have a good doc like that. Glad you were able to get a referral for Ava!!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #2935
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Thanks Britney and Melissa. If the doctor approves you, does that mean you'll definitely be approved? How long does it normally take to find out? My dr said he would call me when he got the paperwork.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #2936
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

I am pretty sure that the doc approval means that you are approved. From the time I submitted the referral it took about a month and a half.

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #2937
mydisneyanytime
Earning My Ears

My son Tycen has been approved for a WISH and I am ready to start a pre-trip report. We are headed to Disneyland this summer!! His wish was to see CarsLand. Any suggestions on where to begin a report? I can't find any pre-trip wish reports in the Disneyland section. There aren't many people out there who have done reports on Disneyland so hopefully I can help others out there who might be going!! Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #2938
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

YAY for being approved!! If this was a wish for my younger son he would def pick carsland too!! That place is awesome looking. I am sure disneyland is identical to disneyworld. So the same things would apply. But I have no idea since I havent heard anything about DL. Good luck and I cant wait to hear all about your trip!!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #2939
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneyanytime View Post
My son Tycen has been approved for a WISH and I am ready to start a pre-trip report. We are headed to Disneyland this summer!! His wish was to see CarsLand. Any suggestions on where to begin a report? I can't find any pre-trip wish reports in the Disneyland section. There aren't many people out there who have done reports on Disneyland so hopefully I can help others out there who might be going!! Thanks in advance!!
Welcome! So glad your little guy is being granted a wish! The instructions on doing a pre-trip report are on page 2 of this thread. My wish kiddo asked for a cruise, so its not just for Disney World. Yea for Carsland!!

Kristy~ I'm pretty sure that as long as the doctor says they are medically eligible then that is what MAW goes by. My kiddos paperwork was submitted the first of September we received the packet in the mail by Sept 24. So that part was quick, but we are still waiting on dates! So I think it just depends by chapter. Our state has 2 big radiothons near in Dec and granted a total of 8 wishes, so my guess is they want to spread them out by months not sure though. I will tell you the waiting is the hardest part!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #2940
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
I finally got the nerve to ask our pediatrician about Make a Wish. He immediately said that he thought it was a great idea and would give Ava a boost. He said Ava needs a break from her reality and he would be happy to approve her. Now I just have to hope all the paperwork goes through without a hitch!! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
Thanks Britney and Melissa. If the doctor approves you, does that mean you'll definitely be approved? How long does it normally take to find out? My dr said he would call me when he got the paperwork.
Welcome!! Glad to hear that Ava is getting her wish! It took us about 3 weeks to hear for sure that Trev was approved. Another few weeks to meet with the wish grantor but that was only because my FIL was diagnosed with cancer at the same time we found out about Trevor qualifying for MAW and we figured since Trev did not know yet another couple weeks of waiting wouldn't hurt while we were still finding out info about my FIL's diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneyanytime View Post
Welcome!! Glad to hear that Tycen is getting his wish! I can't wait to hear all about your planning!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: