Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #2911
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
I just had to share...

LOVE it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
Just talked to our wish grantors yesterday, they said we should have our official dates within 2 weeks! Wow! I ordered a set of iron ons for us 5 off Etsy, so that was fun too! I am not a sewer but these are iron on so even I can do that! Lol! I see many of you talking about a send off party? Is this something all chapters do? We live in MN. Can you tell me more about that? Enjoying reading everyone's posts I can just feel the excitement! Jack is most excited about the ice cream and Pooh. He has never been to Disney so I think he can't imagine it all! Thanks everyone!
Victoria
How exciting!! We should be getting our dates in the next couple weeks too! This will be our kids first trip to Disney also. When are you looking at going? We are going the middle of May/beginning of June.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #2912
kjpotter
Mouseketeer

I'm a wish granter and I had a quick question for those families that have been on a wish trip.

Did you use Fastpasses or did the magic button take care of that for you?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #2913
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
I just had to share...

That is AWESOME! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
Just talked to our wish grantors yesterday, they said we should have our official dates within 2 weeks! Wow! I ordered a set of iron ons for us 5 off Etsy, so that was fun too! I am not a sewer but these are iron on so even I can do that! Lol! I see many of you talking about a send off party? Is this something all chapters do? We live in MN. Can you tell me more about that? Enjoying reading everyone's posts I can just feel the excitement! Jack is most excited about the ice cream and Pooh. He has never been to Disney so I think he can't imagine it all! Thanks everyone!
Victoria
For our send off party I am organizing everything and inviting the wish granters to come be a a part of it. My chapter will contribute some funds to the party, but they funds available are limited. We are going to have a surprise party with Little Ceaser hot and ready pizza (what can I say, we are fancy ), drinks, salad, and cupcakes. We are inviting all the Dr's, nurses, social workers that we have worked with, as well as our church family, and other friends from work. Since it will be on a Thursday and we live just north of LA (an hour away from the hospital without traffic) I don't think a lot of people will be able to make it, but I want them to feel the love. Below is the invitation we are sending out. I know that every chapter is different when it comes to the send off parties.
We had a great talk with our Wish Granter. We will meet with her either Tuesday or Wednesday to talk details. Then a week later the send off party and FLORIDA!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #2914
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpotter View Post
I'm a wish granter and I had a quick question for those families that have been on a wish trip.

Supposedly the magic button will let you gain access to the fast pass line without a fast pass. I haven't been yet, but from what I have read it sounds like most do not stand in line with the wish button.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #2915
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Jon 03015, super cute invites! I love your idea too!
For those of you who have gone plan your send off party too? Would love to hear more about that.
We are looking at going sometime in April. Jack has bad asthma so I don't want to go when too humid.
Honestly, it still does not seem real. Etsy had cute iron ons for a good price, they have a big selection.
Can't wait to hear more about everyone's planning and trips!
We watched GTKW welcome videos last night hitch is on their website under families. Jack was almost jumping out of his skin he was so excited!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #2916
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Really like the invites, those are super cute!!

We are STILL waiting on dates! I know one of the ladies that does the scheduling was off for the holidays so I'm sure that is holding us up a bit. I guess we will just wait!

Hope all of you that are leaving on your trips soon have a wonderful time!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #2917
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

GKTW Photo CD

So I finally remembered to take the cd that GKTW had given with me to the store. The cd has any pics that they took, like the ones with characters and at different parties. My cd thing on my computer is broken so I couldn't look at the pics and had to take it to a store. I didnt even look at any of the pics, I just ordered them all (157!!).
Well I am SO glad to have all these pics. Majority of them are awesome pics of the village, things I had wished I had taken a picture of or of things that I did take a pic of but it didnt turn out clear.
I just wanted to post this, just in case someone who will be going and, is like me, remember later that I should have taken a pic of different things. Mayor Clayton s house, cool pool pics, various villas, awesome photos of the Candyland playground, just a TON of different things that I didnt even think to snap a photo of. I am assuming everyone gets the same. They are way nicer pics than I took. Especially inside the castle, inside the snoring tree where it's a little darker.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #2918
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpotter

The wish button will take care of that for the families. It also giving them free parking at the parks as well!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #2919
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

We are at GKTW right now. I suspect it is meant to be a surprise, but you will not need to get fast passes. A were able too do every thing in Epcot in a day. And hit what we wanted in magic kingdom in a day. Also, an adult can wear the magic button and you do not need your wish child for the rides. I was worried about that because dd can't do all the rides. We are worn out! 20 hours in the parks in the last two days!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #2920
jas792
Earning My Ears

we got our dates

we will be there feb 17th -- how was it at universal --do you have to wait on lines? do they also give you a photo pass --- so excited we cant wait
Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #2921
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Judy - Thank you so much for writing Lisa's TR. I still have a lot to get through, but I have loved everything I've read. I've read some of the beginning, and several of the last updates, and next week should finally be slow enough that I can read the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Dreams1 View Post
Hey there Wish families! I've seen a lot of new Wishers coming on board and everyone is so excited! I had my Wish trip in Aug. 2011 and we are returning to the Orlando in just 9 days!

Happy New Year everyone!
Hi Claudia So glad you received your wish. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

jon03015 - Wonderful that everything's coming together so well. The plans you've made for the send off party are great. So glad Austin will be able to see the fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
We are at GKTW!
Can't wait to hear all about it.

Victoria - Yay for getting your dates soon, and that Jack is so excited. I hope he gets to eat lots of ice cream & see Pooh.

Dana - I hope you get a send off party. Since the wish granter said you'd talk about it later, it sounds to me like he's just waiting until closer to your trip.

Melissa - Hope you get your dates soon.

Sarah - Wonderful that the CD has so many awesome pictures.

jas792 - Yay for getting dates

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #2922
hobbsfamily6
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,
This is my first experience with DisBoards, so bear with me. By commenting am I "subscribed" now? Is this the only Wish trip thread? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

We are going on my daughter Meredith's MAW trip in March and Amber Greenawalt directed me here. I'm looking forward to getting some good ideas!

A little bit about us: Meredith is 8 years old and the 3rd of 4 kids. Our youngest 3 have mitochondrial disease and our 10 year old, Michael, had his MAW trip over 5 years ago. We also have Melanie who is 13 and Madison who is 3.

I do have a question I hope some can help answer. We are taking 3 nurses with us to work the night shifts for the kids because sleep deprived parents aren't likely to enjoy Disney very much or be very tolerant of children and I wondered if anyone else has done this before and how well the accommodations worked. Our MAW chapter had never arranged for more than 1 nurse before. They are thinking they are going to put us all in a double villa but I haven't heard that for certain from GKTW.

As time gets closer, I am getting just as excited as the kids! I really want to make this super special for her and am eager for some great ideas on how to do that!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #2923
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
We are at GKTW right now. I suspect it is meant to be a surprise, but you will not need to get fast passes. A were able too do every thing in Epcot in a day. And hit what we wanted in magic kingdom in a day. Also, an adult can wear the magic button and you do not need your wish child for the rides. I was worried about that because dd can't do all the rides. We are worn out! 20 hours in the parks in the last two days!
I hope you guys are having a magical time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsfamily6 View Post
Hi everyone,
This is my first experience with DisBoards, so bear with me. By commenting am I "subscribed" now? Is this the only Wish trip thread? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

We are going on my daughter Meredith's MAW trip in March and Amber Greenawalt directed me here. I'm looking forward to getting some good ideas!

A little bit about us: Meredith is 8 years old and the 3rd of 4 kids. Our youngest 3 have mitochondrial disease and our 10 year old, Michael, had his MAW trip over 5 years ago. We also have Melanie who is 13 and Madison who is 3.

I do have a question I hope some can help answer. We are taking 3 nurses with us to work the night shifts for the kids because sleep deprived parents aren't likely to enjoy Disney very much or be very tolerant of children and I wondered if anyone else has done this before and how well the accommodations worked. Our MAW chapter had never arranged for more than 1 nurse before. They are thinking they are going to put us all in a double villa but I haven't heard that for certain from GKTW.

As time gets closer, I am getting just as excited as the kids! I really want to make this super special for her and am eager for some great ideas on how to do that!
Glad to hear that Meredith gets her wish! To subscribe you have to go to the thread subscription under additional options while you are on the comment screen.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #2924
hobbsfamily6
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Hopefully I did it right. I'm not very familiar with message boards. I'm more of a FB girl.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #2925
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

hobbsfamily6 So happy that Meredith is getting her wish. There's lots of ways to make it super special for her, and many ideas on this thread & in the trip reports.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: