Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #2836
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #2837
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Angel's wish granter just called to say Angel's wish is being granted. She didn't have specifics, but said she knew it was a 5 (we know that isn't the Fantasy). We are very grateful that she is being granted a wish, but it was still very disappointing to find out that she won't be able to have her specific wish. We took it harder than we expected.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #2838
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Angel's wish granter just called to say Angel's wish is being granted. She didn't have specifics, but said she knew it was a 5 (we know that isn't the Fantasy). We are very grateful that she is being granted a wish, but it was still very disappointing to find out that she won't be able to have her specific wish. We took it harder than we expected.
Christi~
So glad that they are granting her wish! That was quick! Sorry that it isn't the cruise that she wanted. Not sure how the chapters decide what ones they send you on.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #2839
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

What do you mean it was a 5? TOtally understand the being a bit let down thing. And then feeling like doo doo for being so selfish. . .but still feeling let down.

8 days till our trip. I am tracking weather.com life a madwoman. Looks like at least the first day we are planning on being in the parks will be in the mid 70's!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #2840
mspols
Earning My Ears

Jen I am tracking weather like crazy too....hoping for little warmth! What time do you get there the 3rd? Do you have set plan?? So excited....
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #2841
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

WE get there at 5 pm. So far Friday is supposed to be 75 high and 48 low. I don't have a set plan at all. I see the park hours are super late and we are thinking of Magic Kingdom on Friday. That is such a huge fluctuation in termperature that I can't figure out how to pack for it. 48 is very cold to us. 75 is jeans and tshirts. We are seriously considering skipping Universal altogether. I just don't think there will be a lot for my DD to do. I really need to put together an autograph book. Although, I don't think it is anything my kids will care about, it sounds like it is a huge part of the Wish experience.

WHen do you get there and what is your plan?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #2842
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

Belated Christmas present for our family! I was literally in the middle of updating Savannah's PTR when Kid's Wish Network called to let us know that they would be granting Savannah's wish. The last time I posted was when we got the news that Make A Wish Foundation was denying Savannah a wish. I had resigned myself to doing our best to making a special trip for her to Disney on our own and so I had put together a Christmas morning surprise reveal of our trip. I was creating a post with photos when Kid's Network called. To see the surprise photos and read the news please visit our PTR here...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2956109&page=8

Merry Christmas All!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #2843
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

P.S. Has ANYONE on here worked with Kid's Wish Network????
Old 12-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #2844
mspols
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
WE get there at 5 pm. So far Friday is supposed to be 75 high and 48 low. I don't have a set plan at all. I see the park hours are super late and we are thinking of Magic Kingdom on Friday. That is such a huge fluctuation in termperature that I can't figure out how to pack for it. 48 is very cold to us. 75 is jeans and tshirts. We are seriously considering skipping Universal altogether. I just don't think there will be a lot for my DD to do. I really need to put together an autograph book. Although, I don't think it is anything my kids will care about, it sounds like it is a huge part of the Wish experience.

WHen do you get there and what is your plan?
We get there at 9:30 am! We do not have a set plan either....and I am with you on the Universal part. I have made a few meal reservations...Chef Mickeys, Ohana and Boma and maw has a princess meal set up for Lily on Sumday am at Epcot. I too am going crazy on what to pack with the weather . We were just talking about the autograph book this morning..I need to get one. Hi wold are your children?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #2845
mspols
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
Belated Christmas present for our family! I was literally in the middle of updating Savannah's PTR when Kid's Wish Network called to let us know that they would be granting Savannah's wish. The last time I posted was when we got the news that Make A Wish Foundation was denying Savannah a wish. I had resigned myself to doing our best to making a special trip for her to Disney on our own and so I had put together a Christmas morning surprise reveal of our trip. I was creating a post with photos when Kid's Network called. To see the surprise photos and read the news please visit our PTR here...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2956109&page=8

Merry Christmas All!!!
Yay..that is great news..so happy for your family!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #2846
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Amber, that is awesome that another wish granting organization stepped up to the plate! You must be so relieved! At least that is how I think I would feel! You kiddos are adorable. I had grand plans of making a bunch of customs for my whole family for our trip and so far I have pulled off a (very cute) skirt for my DD and that is it! Oh well. Maybe next week I will be able to get some stuff done. I can definately make DS an matching t-shirt with a tie. Seeing your photos reminded me that I had planned on doing that!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #2847
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Our wish granters are coming tonight to drop off all of our travel documents!!! Then we are all ready to go...just need to pack!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #2848
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
Our wish granters are coming tonight to drop off all of our travel documents!!! Then we are all ready to go...just need to pack!

How exciting!! So jealous with all this snow and ice on the ground, not to mention it is suppose to be -10 tonight!

Went to get the mail today and the boy's passports are here We just sent them in 2 weeks ago, so I guess sometimes the government does work quick!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #2849
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
Christi~
So glad that they are granting her wish! That was quick! Sorry that it isn't the cruise that she wanted. Not sure how the chapters decide what ones they send you on.
Thanks Melissa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
What do you mean it was a 5? TOtally understand the being a bit let down thing. And then feeling like doo doo for being so selfish. . .but still feeling let down.

8 days till our trip. I am tracking weather.com life a madwoman. Looks like at least the first day we are planning on being in the parks will be in the mid 70's!
Have a great trip

Wish granter wasn't sure if it was 5 day or 5 night, we assume it's 5 day. It's just discouraging, cause they grant much more extravagant wishes, and even encouraged her to ask for something like Australia. She wasn't trying to get a longer cruise, she picked this one based on what it offered. They say that just knowing they can make a wish brings happiness & hope to the child (and it did - researching the cruise activities made her happy, and helped her get through all of the disappointments all summer). What they don't say is how it feels to find out that you don't get what you wished for (broke my heart when she told me she wishes she had never made a wish, because it hurts so much now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspols View Post
Jen I am tracking weather like crazy too....hoping for little warmth! What time do you get there the 3rd? Do you have set plan?? So excited....
Have a great trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
Yay!

Quote:
Went to get the mail today and the boy's passports are here We just sent them in 2 weeks ago, so I guess sometimes the government does work quick!
Yay! That was quick.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 12-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #2850
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How exciting!! So jealous with all this snow and ice on the ground, not to mention it is suppose to be -10 tonight!

I know I've been watching the weather down there for the past few days...here it's 18 degrees in the bahamas 71! I can't wait!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: