Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #271
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afez786 View Post
hi im new on here so plz guide me if iv posted in the wrong place

my little boy has been granted a wish and we are scheduled to go in 2 weeks time i have no clue what to expect and only just got to know about this board could anyone help to let us know what to expect thanks xx
Congrats on your son's trip! Are you staying at GKTW??

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #272
lorasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensheart View Post
We went back and forth with staying on site. We then decided to just extend our trip and make shorter park days to keep Owen from getting exhausted. GKTW is a once in a lifetime place to stay, so we couldn't pass it up.

I would talk to your local MAW office for sure. Our friends that stayed at the Poly had the choice to eat at GKTW or purchase their food in the parks. It varies by chapter on how much your expense check will be as well. We won't get our until the morning before our trip, so we just budgeted and saved for the trip so that we have enough, even if we won't need it.
Got it, that totally makes sense. I have been considering the same - staying a few days additional after on site. Hmmmm...

Thanks
DD#1, 12
DD#2, 10
Leukemia-fighting DD#3, 5
Gabby's MAW PTR!

Mom. Runner. Disney lover. Cancer hater.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #273
afez786
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Congrats on your son's trip! Are you staying at GKTW??
hi yes i am with my family we are from the uk and will be going on the 3rd of december
Old 11-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #274
afez786
Earning My Ears

hi could anyone plz guide have i posted in the right section
Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #275
ready4faith
Earning My Ears

Leaving in 8 days!!!

I just found this site. Wish I had found it sooner. We are leaving on Thanksgiving morning for our daughter's wish trip. We are a big crew, eight kids plus grandparents. This is our second trip to GKTW and Disney. Can't wait to get back. Last time we focused on "boy stuff". This time it's Princess time. Our little wish princess is three years old. She has multiple medical issues and is legally blind, she does have some of her central vision still. She can't stop talking about meeting the Princesses!

Guess I will be staying up late for the next few nights reading all your tips.

Rebecca
Old 11-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #276
Sleeping~Beauty
DIS Veteran

My daughter is a Make a Wisher

She is three years old. On her second birthday she was diagnosed with embroinal rhabdomyosarcoma. She did chemo and had to do surgeries at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. These two places were our homes for over a year. She mostly was in the hospital. Her scapula was removed, and then part of her collar bone. She is just amazing and has been through so much. I held her wish during this time.

This trip is for my daughter. She loves princesses. She dances around like a princess. She sings the songs. She dances. She is an inspiration to me.

I know that every single child is amazing!

Also, I have an eight year old with asperger's and I am partially blind in both eyes from my own cancer. I know my son and I will need a little help with certain activies.

I am hoping that you all could guide me to planning my daughter's trip. It is very last minute due to circumstances beyond my control. We were hoping for the week before Christmas because our local chapter of Make a Wish said that no one can travel with make a wish the last week of December, which is what we put in for. Our consultant only had one other client before so she did not have much info on Making a Wish for Disney/universal/Sea world. She did say that we could not do all Disney (instead of Universal).

I hope we will be able to plan this trip in time. Thank you for any input!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #277
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loodlow View Post
Hey guys, this is a little off topic but I know there are lots of knowledgable people here who might can help me. I have a friend who is interested in starting a program similar to make a wish, but aimed at giving wishes to caregivers. Have you guys ever heard of this?

TIA!
I have never heard of it; however, I think it is an AMAZING idea. PLEASE keep us posted.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #278
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Welcome to all the new wishtrippers and those planning to leave soon. It doesn't matter how much you plan...just go with the flow for the most part and ask lots of questions. It is overwhelming I know; however, even if you never left GKTW you would have a blast!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #279
Sleeping~Beauty
DIS Veteran

Thank you

so much for the quick reply!

I have been on the Disboards for many years. The last three years I stopped because that is when I got cancer and then my daughter. But now she has been blessed with her dream to see the princesses. This is really so exciting!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #280
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Just found this out this evening, every villa at GKTW is now equipped with password protected wi-fi.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 AM   #281
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Just found this out this evening, every villa at GKTW is now equipped with password protected wi-fi.
It was WONDERFUL to have! That is how I was able to update while we were on Lisa's wish trip; otherwise I would have never logged in. It was temperamental at times...but such a blessing to have access to it!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #282
sgarrity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping~Beauty View Post
She is three years old. On her second birthday she was diagnosed with embroinal rhabdomyosarcoma. She did chemo and had to do surgeries at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. These two places were our homes for over a year. She mostly was in the hospital. Her scapula was removed, and then part of her collar bone. She is just amazing and has been through so much. I held her wish during this time.

This trip is for my daughter. She loves princesses. She dances around like a princess. She sings the songs. She dances. She is an inspiration to me.

Also, I have an eight year old with asperger's and I am partially blind in both eyes from my own cancer. I know my son and I will need a little help with certain activies.

I am hoping that you all could guide me to planning my daughter's trip. It is very last minute due to circumstances beyond my control. We were hoping for the week before Christmas because our local chapter of Make a Wish said that no one can travel with make a wish the last week of December, which is what we put in for. Our consultant only had one other client before so she did not have much info on Making a Wish for Disney/universal/Sea world. She did say that we could not do all Disney (instead of Universal).

We are going to be at GKTW from Dec 20 to 26 and then staying a few days on our own from the 26-Jan 2

Our Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post40707717

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 11-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #283
sgarrity
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Our Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post40707717

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 11-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #284
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4faith View Post
I just found this site. Wish I had found it sooner. We are leaving on Thanksgiving morning for our daughter's wish trip. We are a big crew, eight kids plus grandparents. This is our second trip to GKTW and Disney. Can't wait to get back. Last time we focused on "boy stuff". This time it's Princess time. Our little wish princess is three years old. She has multiple medical issues and is legally blind, she does have some of her central vision still. She can't stop talking about meeting the Princesses!
Welcome!! You are going to have so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping~Beauty View Post

Welcome to you!! I hope you get the dates you requested!! We will be there the beginning of December. You are going to have a fantastic trip!!

Quote:
WOO HOO!! I was wondering about this! I told my kids we are unplugging for the week.. no internet/tv/phones ect. We'll see.

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #285
afez786
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome!! You are going to have so much fun!!

Welcome to you!! I hope you get the dates you requested!! We will be there the beginning of December. You are going to have a fantastic trip!!

WOO HOO!! I was wondering about this! I told my kids we are unplugging for the week.. no internet/tv/phones ect. We'll see.

hi which dates will u be there I probs see you there?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: