Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #2746
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=KaylaM;46846541][QUOTE=onceagain1;46846432]That's amazing, so nice. I was looking at that restaurant, but in general, I wasn't thinking of breakfast, I'm not sure about getting up, ready, and over to disney for breakfast. Seems like a lot to manage. How was it for you guys?
Quote:

It was our 3rd day there, which by then, it was a bit easier than it would have been earlier in the week since we are from California (time difference). We made our reservation for 10:30am, so it wasn't too bad to get up and get over there. GKTW is just a few minutes away. Breakfast was soooo good - best eggs I have ever had, and I am very picky about eggs... They were really good with my daughter - one of the highlights of trip...
Okay, that sounds reasonable, and I think that's the place I've heard someone else say was their favorite place for breakfast.

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #2747
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Oh, another question for those of you that have been. Did you stay at GKTW in the mornings that characters were coming there? If so, were you still able to arrive at parks at decent times?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #2748
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Yesterday we grabbed the quick breakfast at ice cream palace. That starts at 745. Then we headed to the theater where mickey was going to be. That starts at 8 and we were the firsts ones there. Then headed to the castle and were second for pluto. Elsa was given a mickey mouse when we checked in here at gktw and mickey signed the foot and pluto signed the hand. We missed goofy and mary poppins as we wanted to get on the road.
Crowds are minimal and no lines for rides, at sea world anyway. And i am so glad I am so glad I packed how i did. 4 shorts, 1 jeans/pants for everyone, not counting jeans we traveled in. We havent worn jeans yet. This is day 4. I checked the weather constantly before we left. We are from Montana so this is perfect weather.
Off to figure out what exactly is on agenda today :-)
Old 12-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #2749
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Oh and we got to sea world at 9, opening time.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #2750
jas792
Earning My Ears

wow sounds like you are having a great time - I cant believe you are getting so much done so fast with all the young children you have.
We are still waiting to hear for our dates. Cant wait till we get them.
Have a great time today
Jo
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #2751
jas792
Earning My Ears

waiting for dates

can someone tell me how to start a waiting for dates thread
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #2752
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1 View Post
Yikes! Okay, have been looking into the plans, but thanks for the heads up, will check about whether they have coverage there.
i'm wish rogers, they convinced me before hand it was covered but proved otherwise

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #2753
jas792
Earning My Ears

phone calls

you can make long distance calls from your Villa in GKTW for free
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #2754
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas792 View Post
can someone tell me how to start a waiting for dates thread

The instructions on how to start at PTR are on page 2 of this post. Not quite sure how you get them listed under the category on page 1. Mine isn't there so can't help you with that but you can put the link in your signature!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #2755
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yikes! Okay, have been looking into the plans, but thanks for the heads up, will check about whether they have coverage there.
I was told I would have coverage there, but there were only a few places in the village it worked. It worked every where else, and not at all in our villa, which was the pits. I wish I would have known before hand, which is why I asked them.. LOL! You do get 30 minutes of free phone time in your villa, which came in handy.

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #2756
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=onceagain1;46847201][QUOTE=KaylaM;46846541]
Quote:
That's amazing, so nice. I was looking at that restaurant, but in general, I wasn't thinking of breakfast, I'm not sure about getting up, ready, and over to disney for breakfast. Seems like a lot to manage. How was it for you guys?

Okay, that sounds reasonable, and I think that's the place I've heard someone else say was their favorite place for breakfast.
I have a lot to do in the morning with my daughter (treatments, feeding, dressing) before leaving the villa and it still wasn't bad on timing. I don't know if I mentioned it, but we did have about 30 minutes to walk around the park near the restaurant to wait for our reservation time to check-in, which they allow you to do so 15 minutes early. So its pretty easy, and a short drive. Good luck, and have fun!!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #2757
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, another question for those of you that have been. Did you stay at GKTW in the mornings that characters were coming there? If so, were you still able to arrive at parks at decent times?
I always got my daughter up, did everything with her, went to see characters every morning, ate breakfast (but one day) in Gingerbread house and headed to the parks. Even got lost going to Universal Orlando / Island Adventures (our GPS in rent a car was the pits), and that took us an extra 40 minutes and still had plenty of time to enjoy our day. We got back to GKTW for the evening event there with time to rest right before. We planned our day (get ready, characters, breakfast, park(s), rest, evening event) on our busiest days and it was still enjoyable and didn't seem rush. Tell yourself to just go with the flow and enjoy every moment, and not worry about rushing to make it here or there. I was worried one day about being here and there by a certain time and it wasn't nearly as enjoyable nor relaxing as other days. I learned my lesson that day. Good luck and just have fun.

Oh, and remember, you can't always spend a week in the village, but you can at parks (in the future), so do what all you can at the village, then do what you can at the parks but know you can always come back to the parks. If that makes sense.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #2758
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM

I always got my daughter up, did everything with her, went to see characters every morning, ate breakfast (but one day) in Gingerbread house and headed to the parks. Even got lost going to Universal Orlando / Island Adventures (our GPS in rent a car was the pits), and that took us an extra 40 minutes and still had plenty of time to enjoy our day. We got back to GKTW for the evening event there with time to rest right before. We planned our day (get ready, characters, breakfast, park(s), rest, evening event) on our busiest days and it was still enjoyable and didn't seem rush. Tell yourself to just go with the flow and enjoy every moment, and not worry about rushing to make it here or there. I was worried one day about being here and there by a certain time and it wasn't nearly as enjoyable nor relaxing as other days. I learned my lesson that day. Good luck and just have fun.

Oh, and remember, you can't always spend a week in the village, but you can at parks (in the future), so do what all you can at the village, then do what you can at the parks but know you can always come back to the parks. If that makes sense.
That's a great tip, and so true. I was browsing restaurant reservation openings again today but couldn't commit. I didn't want to tie us to a reservation and thus feel rushed to get there. If u see something come up that we would really like, then maybe I'll book that.

Thanks for the tips everyone, and keep them coming. Didn't know about free long distance from GKTW. Perhaps only need data/text plan while there (hubby and I text each other alot to communicate with us/kids).

Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #2759
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's a great tip, and so true. I was browsing restaurant reservation openings again today but couldn't commit. I didn't want to tie us to a reservation and thus feel rushed to get there. If u see something come up that we would really like, then maybe I'll book that.

Thanks for the tips everyone, and keep them coming. Didn't know about free long distance from GKTW. Perhaps only need data/text plan while there (hubby and I text each other alot to communicate with us/kids).
You can cancel with no charge/penalty up until the evening before your reservation.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #2760
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM

You can cancel with no charge/penalty up until the evening before your reservation.
Oh that's right! Thanks for reminding me, maybe now I'll feel comfortable making a reservation

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: