Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #2731
OhanaDreams
Cute and Fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
There is one parking lot for each area. If you download the family guide off GKTW website, your questions will be answered plus more. Alot of the time depends on traffic and which routes you choose to take (toll or no toll). All parking lots are around 20-35 minutes. From parking lot to monorail/ferry is about 5 min walk, then depending on lines and whether you have to wait for monorail/ferry to arrive the time varies... Its not bad and at even with crowds.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, there are just alot of things that play into the times. None of the times bothered me or made my daughter (she has no patience) impatient and it was crowded everywhere.

Good luck... Have fun....
Thanks so much Kayla. My hubbie read the family guide, but neglected to fill me in on how detailed it is. Off to dowload that now.

To angel's momma, Thanks so much for the wishes to Buglet. We are on day 8 of a nasty cold. Hopefully we are nearing the end of the cycle.

Buglet's Wish Pre-Trip Report

~1997 All Star Music~~2002 Coronado~~2010 All Star Music Family Suite~~2012 Caribbean Beach~2013 G.K.T.W. Dream Factory Wish Trip
Old 12-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #2732
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaDreams View Post
Thanks so much Kayla. My hubbie read the family guide, but neglected to fill me in on how detailed it is. Off to dowload that now.

To angel's momma, Thanks so much for the wishes to Buglet. We are on day 8 of a nasty cold. Hopefully we are nearing the end of the cycle.
Hope your little one feels better soon....

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #2733
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaDreams View Post
Happy Saturday Everyone!

My Buglet is sick in bed today so I am using the time for planning. I have a few questions
Thanks so much everyone. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with these questions.
Sorry to hear Buglet is sick...praying Buglet is better quickly.

Sorry I can't answer the other questions as we have not been there yet.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 12-02-2012, 02:11 AM   #2734
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

OK, it's official....

We had our wish reveal today!!!!! Our wish granters came over with a fantastic mickey cake!!!!!!!! It was perfect, still haven't eaten it because it was so cool!

The wish granters presented a cake, balloons, and some whistles (which scared Prescott terribly) They revealed to Prescott and his brothers that we were going to WDW!!!!

They told us that our month chosen was a go and that they will let us know exact dates later. So, we ran to the dr., because Prescott was/is not feeling well. Then I came home tonight to work on my disboards stuff.

So, I stumbled through making my 1st trip report and even put it in my signature. So, go check out my pre-trip report!!! Feel free to add it to the first page.

Prescott's going to WDW!!!!

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!

Last edited by nuts4wdw; 12-02-2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Photo size
Old 12-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #2735
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
We had our wish reveal today!!!!! Our wish granters came over with a fantastic mickey cake!!!!!!!! It was perfect, still haven't eaten it because it was so cool!

The wish granters presented a cake, balloons, and some whistles (which scared Prescott terribly) They revealed to Prescott and his brothers that we were going to WDW!!!!

They told us that our month chosen was a go and that they will let us know exact dates later. So, we ran to the dr., because Prescott was/is not feeling well. Then I came home tonight to work on my disboards stuff.

So, I stumbled through making my 1st trip report and even put it in my signature. So, go check out my pre-trip report!!! Feel free to add it to the first page.

That is awesome!! How nice of them to make that cake...

Congrats, and I hope Prescott feels better soon!

Old 12-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #2736
OhanaDreams
Cute and Fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post

Woohoo Prescott and Family!!!

So sorry to hear he is not feeling well.

I am so worried about our reveal. They want to do Buglet's on TV. We are terrified that he would freeze and cry.

Off to sign on for your pre-trip report.

Buglet's Wish Pre-Trip Report

~1997 All Star Music~~2002 Coronado~~2010 All Star Music Family Suite~~2012 Caribbean Beach~2013 G.K.T.W. Dream Factory Wish Trip
Old 12-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #2737
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspols

Trying to decide if I should do the BBB...did she love it? Dd you eat at the new Be Our Guest restaurant??
Kyra loved the make over! We just walked in during a quiet time (close to a parade starting) and only waited 15 minutes for it to start. They made sure we got in. We didn't eat at the restaurant it was booked

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #2738
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Well we're home from the most amazing trip ever! Words will never describe how great it was and how tired we all are lol the week went by so fast! Now we're home and right back to our normal...Kyra has a really swollen throat so instead of school or her scheduled neurology appointment tomorrow we are off to the doctors to have her checked out as she had a fever too. In hind sight I know how she is with germs and should have pre booked tomorrows appointment before we left for the trip. I will update in more detail about the trip in the next couple of days but in the mean time they really aren't kidding when they say you need to pack an extra bag to come home with. You get ALOT!

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #2739
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
Well we're home from the most amazing trip ever! Words will never describe how great it was and how tired we all are lol the week went by so fast! Now we're home and right back to our normal...Kyra has a really swollen throat so instead of school or her scheduled neurology appointment tomorrow we are off to the doctors to have her checked out as she had a fever too. In hind sight I know how she is with germs and should have pre booked tomorrows appointment before we left for the trip. I will update in more detail about the trip in the next couple of days but in the mean time they really aren't kidding when they say you need to pack an extra bag to come home with. You get ALOT!
So glad you had a great time. Hope Kyra is feeling better soon. Can't wait to see some pictures of your trip!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #2740
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

We just got back to gktw after being at Sea World from open to close. We are exhausted but had a blast. We are now waiting for Katies Kitchen to deliver dinner. Then off to the pool.
At sea world we had a special meet and greet with the dolphins and their trainers, that was Elsa's wish. Then, we sat front row in front of platform for shamu show. The gktw button gets you the spot. Although it is a major splash zone, we barely got wet and were able to be just feet away from the killer whales. AWESOME DAY. Meltdowns galore. And we are looking forward to our ritual of ice cream :-)
Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #2741
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
I just came across a surprise.. Well a surprise because I didn't see it until just now. When we went to the Tusker House Restaurant in Animal Kingdom for the character breakfast on our trip, they had Donald outside in back of the restaurant on patio for photos. Typical greet and meet type photo. Well, while eating breakfast, one of the photo assistants brought us my daughters' photo (an 8x10 in cardboard type frame) of her and Donald thirty minutes earlier. I thought that was so nice. I looked at the front (photo) and then the back as it felt weird. There was some kind of frame stand back there or something. Anyway, just now, I took it out of the bag it was in and put it on our counter when I noticed there was a white clear bag inside of the frame on the back with more photos in it. There were 10 additional 4x6 prints with three of them having the text on it saying "Where Dreams Come True". Wow, that was so sweet of them to do that.
That's amazing, so nice. I was looking at that restaurant, but in general, I wasn't thinking of breakfast, I'm not sure about getting up, ready, and over to disney for breakfast. Seems like a lot to manage. How was it for you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
We just got back to gktw after being at Sea World from open to close. We are exhausted but had a blast. We are now waiting for Katies Kitchen to deliver dinner. Then off to the pool.
At sea world we had a special meet and greet with the dolphins and their trainers, that was Elsa's wish. Then, we sat front row in front of platform for shamu show. The gktw button gets you the spot. Although it is a major splash zone, we barely got wet and were able to be just feet away from the killer whales. AWESOME DAY. Meltdowns galore. And we are looking forward to our ritual of ice cream :-)
Sounds just wonderful!! Can't wait!

As for us, sorry for not posting more, it's actually because I only have so much free time in the evening, and am doing lots of reading about Disney on various sites, and planning for our trip. Can't believe we leave in just 10 days!! Tomorrow is Chatterbox's last wish link present! Got them their roll on/carryon luggage, for each girl. Thought about getting princess ones, but really wanted one that had a parent strap for the inevitable carries, especially give the 2 girls.

I have a question for those that were/are there recently. Is there free wifi at GKTW? I'm wondering about putting on a US cell phone/data package for the time we're down there (have to pay for 30 days). It's a bit expensive so I'd like to get the cheapest package possible. Using free wifi would certainly help.

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #2742
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Glad you guys had such a great time - yay!! Sorry she's sick already, this is what I suspect may happen with us as well. Chatterbox has gotten sick after only just 2 days of extra fun packed days. Will be trying hard to make her nap. We're packing an empty large duffel bag to use, think that will do?

And PS - how did you find the crowds? Crazy? or not too bad?

Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #2743
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=onceagain1;46846432]That's amazing, so nice. I was looking at that restaurant, but in general, I wasn't thinking of breakfast, I'm not sure about getting up, ready, and over to disney for breakfast. Seems like a lot to manage. How was it for you guys?
[QUOTE]

It was our 3rd day there, which by then, it was a bit easier than it would have been earlier in the week since we are from California (time difference). We made our reservation for 10:30am, so it wasn't too bad to get up and get over there. GKTW is just a few minutes away. Breakfast was soooo good - best eggs I have ever had, and I am very picky about eggs... They were really good with my daughter - one of the highlights of trip...

Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #2744
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1 View Post
That's amazing, so nice. I was looking at that restaurant, but in general, I wasn't thinking of breakfast, I'm not sure about getting up, ready, and over to disney for breakfast. Seems like a lot to manage. How was it for you guys?

Sounds just wonderful!! Can't wait!

As for us, sorry for not posting more, it's actually because I only have so much free time in the evening, and am doing lots of reading about Disney on various sites, and planning for our trip. Can't believe we leave in just 10 days!! Tomorrow is Chatterbox's last wish link present! Got them their roll on/carryon luggage, for each girl. Thought about getting princess ones, but really wanted one that had a parent strap for the inevitable carries, especially give the 2 girls.

I have a question for those that were/are there recently. Is there free wifi at GKTW? I'm wondering about putting on a US cell phone/data package for the time we're down there (have to pay for 30 days). It's a bit expensive so I'd like to get the cheapest package possible. Using free wifi would certainly help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1 View Post
Glad you guys had such a great time - yay!! Sorry she's sick already, this is what I suspect may happen with us as well. Chatterbox has gotten sick after only just 2 days of extra fun packed days. Will be trying hard to make her nap. We're packing an empty large duffel bag to use, think that will do?

And PS - how did you find the crowds? Crazy? or not too bad?

Crowds werent too bad at all!. Also as far as the wifi, there is wifi there and the wifi to use as well as password is in the GKTW village guide. Also you can use guest services at the parks to call shuttles if need be. Another thing is I did add an international plan on my phone for 30 days then got down there and my phone had no service at all because my provider was so far away! actually called the provider today to get the money back as they decided not to tell me about that fact but added anyway. As far as calls in the village...there is long distance in the villas

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #2745
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Crowds werent too bad at all!. Also as far as the wifi, there is wifi there and the wifi to use as well as password is in the GKTW village guide. Also you can use guest services at the parks to call shuttles if need be. Another thing is I did add an international plan on my phone for 30 days then got down there and my phone had no service at all because my provider was so far away! actually called the provider today to get the money back as they decided not to tell me about that fact but added anyway. As far as calls in the village...there is long distance in the villas
Yikes! Okay, have been looking into the plans, but thanks for the heads up, will check about whether they have coverage there.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: