Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #2656
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
We got our package today from Make-A-Wish! The airline even had a bunch of little goodies for Kyra! Make-A-Wish deff goes above and beyond! I cant believe were leaving before the sun even comes up on Saturday morning! Its so close and seems so surreal as well!
Yay!!! You guys are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Have a safe trip...and take lots of pictures!

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #2657
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

WE HAVE THE FINAL PAPER!!!!!! Now just to finish packing and hurry up Saturday! lol

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #2658
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Yay!!! Get packing!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #2659
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

To lakinbum93, I won't be in Disney when you are and don't have a "wish kid" but would love to send a card and pin from Michigan if you need it. Just p.m. Me and I will get it sent.
I hope everyone planning trips has a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #2660
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
We just got back from GKTW on Sunday. The village is so magical and the kids loved eating ice cream for breakfast and riding the carousel every time we walked past it. We went to the Candyland party, Christmas, and Pirates and Princess party. All of the ones we went to were really good. The kids especially enjoyed the Pirates and Princess party by the pool.
So glad you had a magical time!! Welcome back!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #2661
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
Yay!!! Get packing!
I'm working on it lol My room has turned in to chaos trying to sort everything lol The med bag confuses me the most everything needs to be just so.

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #2662
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Every year our the Make A Wish Foundation of Iowa, along with other local sponsors, has an event called Jolly Holiday Lights. They have been doing it for as long as I can remember. It is a giant holiday light show set up through one of our big public parks. It is open from the week of Thanksgiving until Dec 31. People volunteer to take the admission, $10 per car, and all proceeds go to the Make A Wish foundation of Iowa. It is a great holiday tradition in town and every year the lights are set up like different characters, themes etc. It takes about 10 to 15 min to drive through the entire park. Last year they raised enough money for 30 wish trips! This year we were invited along with some other make a wish families to "light" the jolly holiday lights. The kids were given magic wands to wave around and "turn on" the holiday lights. This is a photo of my boys that our wish representative shared with me. After the reception/party we were able to drive through the park and enjoy the lights before it opened to the public.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 11-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #2663
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
We just got back from GKTW on Sunday. The village is so magical and the kids loved eating ice cream for breakfast and riding the carousel every time we walked past it. We went to the Candyland party, Christmas, and Pirates and Princess party. All of the ones we went to were really good. The kids especially enjoyed the Pirates and Princess party by the pool.
Glad you had a wonderful time.

Quote:
WE HAVE THE FINAL PAPER!!!!!! Now just to finish packing and hurry up Saturday! lol
Yay!

We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #2664
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
Every year our the Make A Wish Foundation of Iowa, along with other local sponsors, has an event called Jolly Holiday Lights. They have been doing it for as long as I can remember. It is a giant holiday light show set up through one of our big public parks. It is open from the week of Thanksgiving until Dec 31. People volunteer to take the admission, $10 per car, and all proceeds go to the Make A Wish foundation of Iowa. It is a great holiday tradition in town and every year the lights are set up like different characters, themes etc. It takes about 10 to 15 min to drive through the entire park. Last year they raised enough money for 30 wish trips! This year we were invited along with some other make a wish families to "light" the jolly holiday lights. The kids were given magic wands to wave around and "turn on" the holiday lights. This is a photo of my boys that our wish representative shared with me. After the reception/party we were able to drive through the park and enjoy the lights before it opened to the public.

What a wonderful event to be a part of and a great way to celebrate the season.

I wanted to say to all of my Wishtrip friends:

Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #2665
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
To lakinbum93, I won't be in Disney when you are and don't have a "wish kid" but would love to send a card and pin from Michigan if you need it. Just p.m. Me and I will get it sent.
I hope everyone planning trips has a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!
Ruth, you are such a sweetheart! That is so kind of you.
Quote:
I'm working on it lol My room has turned in to chaos trying to sort everything lol The med bag confuses me the most everything needs to be just so.
I am so happy the paperwork came through, have an AMAZING TIME!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #2666
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! Hope you all get to enjoy a wonderful day with family and friends!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #2667
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post

Looks like a lot of fun!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #2668
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
YEA!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #2669
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

We get in Saturday around 1pm. Other then the Orientation on day one is there anything you suggest doing right off the bat?

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #2670
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We get in Saturday around 1pm. Other then the Orientation on day one is there anything you suggest doing right off the bat?
I would do the Wish star as early in the week as possible. That way, you can come back to the Castle and see it without having to rush on the last day to see it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: