Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #2611
vegomatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
Hi Allan. Yay for Liam! I'm so glad he is cancer free and no better way to celebrate that than with a wish trip. As a few others have already posted please don't feel guilty at all. Liam has been through more than most people will in their entire life. This is a time to celebrate! I was a little unsure when we were contacted by Make A Wish just because I too thought well my child is going to be ok now but it is really about the journey and being able to put a smile on their face. And I too know all too well about the 24hour hospital shifts...you and your wife deserve a break too. If you have time I would suggest reading some of the pre trip reports that the other wish families have created. Every child has their own story each of which is being celebrated by a wish organization. We will be doing our wish trip in Jan on the Disney Dream cruise. I hope you will share all about your trip Liam will have a blast!
Thanks!

I am now pretty much past being guilty. My wife on the other hand... I have progressed to the "overwhelmed" stage. I've read through a lot of the pre (and post) trip reports. Nice to read stories by people who have gone through things like we did and read about the great times their kids had.

Have fun on your cruise!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #2612
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
we leave 1 week from today! Any pointers on how to keep calm until next week?! I am so excited im thinking about it all day and dreaming about it all night lol Doing a bag check today to make a list for last minute items needed
You just do.. I made list making sure I had everything on them.. I started to get a few things ready here and there throughout the week. Start thinking of autograph books, and maybe make one, or shop for one for your kids to use. Start laying some clothes out.. I hear ya.. I just went through that and the past two-three weeks, I have been so excited. I can't wait, but then again I can because I don't want it to end. This past week, I had to deal alot with medical issues and news that was difficult to handle, so that kept me busy, but it made me look forward to this trip even more! You just want time to go by so fast like I do today because we leave bright and early in the morning. Go over schedules, see what all there is to do there. Your going at a good time when a lot of things are just starting (Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade) will start the week you are there. I don't know how many times I searched the internet making sure I knew what all was happening and what we would like to do. That helps time go by. Have you thought about shirts? Matching shirts? I just found some for my daughter and I to wear tomorrow that has mickey on them. I also decided to try to make a shirt for her the other day to wear one day this week. You can try that. These things can be done inexpensively. Think about what your going to do with photos - scrapbook (you can start designing pages). Go here to get ideas on how to get free scrapbooking ideas/supplies: http://goflorida.about.com/od/whatyo...g_supplies.htm. It list things to use that I never would of even thought of. Just do whatever you can to keep going.. Good luck and have a GREAT trip!

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #2613
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegomatic View Post
Thank you! Sorry you had so much trouble getting the wish you wanted, but I'm sure it will be great! We've never been before and this is our first "big ticket" family vacation. Hope you have a great time!
Thank you

I believe in that everything happens for a reason and this is the trip that was meant to be. I am so excited and can't wait and think this was a great choice! Glad it was suggested!

HAVE FUN!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #2614
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we leave 1 week from today! Any pointers on how to keep calm until next week?!
I don't think it's possible

Quote:
Thank you! We were prepared for a much rougher road, but he was pretty strong. His oncologist said that it was the strangest case of Burkitt's he'd seen. Normally, it's so agressive that the tumours can double in size every 18 hours. His popped up and stayed the same. His doctor said it looked like his body was fighting it off and keeping it under control somehow.

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first four nights, then Disney Dream for the cruise.

Thanks again!
Always happy to read the stories where things go "well", all things considered.

AKL is spectacular. Never stayed there, but always went over to visit. The food court there used to have fried shrimp, and we did Boma a few times when we had free dining. Angel loves giraffes, so if our chapter won't allow the cruise, AKL is next on her list.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #2615
Emmaswishtrip
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how we get our PhotoPass CD? We just got home yesterday and I can't figure out if one will just come in the mail or what I have to do? Please help! Also for any families going soon, have an AMAZING time!! Spend time at GKTW!!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #2616
vegomatic
Earning My Ears

Just for fun, here is a picture of Liam.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #2617
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just for fun, here is a picture of Liam.

Hi Liam.. You are a handsome young boy.. Have a wonderful wish trip!!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #2618
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

I am packing as we leave really early tomorrow morning and I was told I am limited to one carry on and one checked per person. So, we have that, but I also have her lunch box with her feedings in it and her small bag with just her medications and her small nebulizer bag. I am hoping I can get these onboard as well. We have say some room (say for two adult sweatshirts) in our checked bags and returning home, one of the bags will have say an additional amount of room equaling another adults sweatshirt, so on the way home we will have enough room for an adult xl thick sweatshirts. I am using those as examples because the note I have from GKTW states to bring an extra bag for the goodies you receive to bring home. Do you think the space I will have coming home will be enough, or do i need to pack a small bag to bring stuff back?

I sure hope that makes sense.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #2619
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
Does anyone know how we get our PhotoPass CD? We just got home yesterday and I can't figure out if one will just come in the mail or what I have to do? Please help! Also for any families going soon, have an AMAZING time!! Spend time at GKTW!!
Sure hope you guys had a wonderful time!!!

I read somewhere that you go online and order it. Hopefully someone can confirm this so I will know upon returning home.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #2620
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
I am packing as we leave really early tomorrow morning and I was told I am limited to one carry on and one checked per person. So, we have that, but I also have her lunch box with her feedings in it and her small bag with just her medications and her small nebulizer bag. I am hoping I can get these onboard as well. We have say some room (say for two adult sweatshirts) in our checked bags and returning home, one of the bags will have say an additional amount of room equaling another adults sweatshirt, so on the way home we will have enough room for an adult xl thick sweatshirts. I am using those as examples because the note I have from GKTW states to bring an extra bag for the goodies you receive to bring home. Do you think the space I will have coming home will be enough, or do i need to pack a small bag to bring stuff back?

you could either pack a foldable duffle bag in the bottom of the suit case or there are also gktw duffle bags for sale in there gift shop portion of the website so im assuming they have them there. You should call the airline and double check the best way for the meds as every airline is different

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #2621
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
you could either pack a foldable duffle bag in the bottom of the suit case or there are also gktw duffle bags for sale in there gift shop portion of the website so im assuming they have them there. You should call the airline and double check the best way for the meds as every airline is different
Thank you!

I am good on the meds - its how I always do it. I am just concern about having enough room for everything returning since GKTW suggest have an extra bag for goodies. I thought too, I could just mail a box home. I am already at my limit with carry-ons probably, so I would need something big enough to safely check. It sounds like from what you are saying, that I should just pack in a duffle bag; although, the ones I have are not the best quality for checking.

Back to the drawing board. I think I will just see if I can fit one in.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #2622
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you!

I am good on the meds - its how I always do it. I am just concern about having enough room for everything returning since GKTW suggest have an extra bag for goodies. I thought too, I could just mail a box home. I am already at my limit with carry-ons probably, so I would need something big enough to safely check. It sounds like from what you are saying, that I should just pack in a duffle bag; although, the ones I have are not the best quality for checking.

Back to the drawing board. I think I will just see if I can fit one in.
http://www.givekidstheworldstore.org...oductCode=2127

thats the one they have. I am packing one of my own but may end up getting this one instead anyway as the one im bringing wont have many trips left to it anyway

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #2623
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
http://www.givekidstheworldstore.org...oductCode=2127

thats the one they have. I am packing one of my own but may end up getting this one instead anyway as the one im bringing wont have many trips left to it anyway
Love it! We have one very similar to it, but pink and is the one I was thinking of packing, but just not crazy checking it as its so old. Hmmm. I might have to leave it behind to make me buy one of these. Thanks for the link... So glad you posted it...

Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2624
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Love it! We have one very similar to it, but pink and is the one I was thinking of packing, but just not crazy checking it as its so old. Hmmm. I might have to leave it behind to make me buy one of these. Thanks for the link... So glad you posted it...
lol np! Try and sleep tonight :P when do you guys leave to come home?

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #2625
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Have a Wonderful trip!! Take or buy a bag, that way you can bring home all of your goodies and have plenty of room!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: