Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #2551
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
If you are staying at GKTW, DO NOT BUY A PHOTOPASS! You will be given a code to redeem for a FREE Regular Photopass CD at orientation. The famous Maroo had a hand in suggesting they provide these for wish kids (she will say modestly it wasn't her; but, I remember a LOOOOONG time ago that she did indeed). I LOVED getting pics of the entire family together. I am sorry I don't kow about other wish organizations (Such as Sunshine Foundation. I hope they do as well, they deserve one also). [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
That is awesome![/QUOTE]

More than awesome its the new deluxe photo pass with extra disney photos on it and if you have ride pics on the roller coasters and you show your card at the photo desks right outside the ride they will put those on also. If you end up with extra photo pass cards dont worry you can add them to your speical card at any computer. then when you get home you can edit the photos and use the code to have them mail you the cd for free.

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #2552
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
That is awesome!
More than awesome its the new deluxe photo pass with extra disney photos on it and if you have ride pics on the roller coasters and you show your card at the photo desks right outside the ride they will put those on also. If you end up with extra photo pass cards dont worry you can add them to your speical card at any computer. then when you get home you can edit the photos and use the code to have them mail you the cd for free.[/QUOTE]

They also add your pictures from character meals as well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #2553
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

My daughter had her presentation party this morning. It was at a busy restaurant (wasn't expecting that), so she was a little agitated with all the people and loud noise, plus her seizures / spasms have been acting up the past few days, so that didn't help. She got a lot of neat things that local community schools, senior citizens, and quilt guilds gave her. M-A-W gave her her stuff for the trip (our limo leaves at 6:20a.m.). Our wish granter told us today about the photo pass - photos don't cost anything and at the end of the trip, you get a free CD of the photos. Apparently there is a new security line at airports for people with medications, medical devices, etc, so that is really cool and will cut down on time (no long lines).

Unfortunately, my daughters seizures and spasms have increased over past couple of days, so she had an infusion today. Hopefully it will help. So far it hasn't, and its been 5 hours. Her doctor wanted to hospitalize her, but I asked not to. I just hope we can stabilize her to where I am comfortable leaving. I want her to enjoy herself to and not be agitated all day like the past couple of days. Not fun! We see her doctor and neurologist tomorrow and again on Friday. Hope for the best!!!

I have been going over her packet with her, and keep telling her she is going to Mickey's World. She gets excited with the word Mickey! This almost seems like a dream that we are going to wake up out of. I am so excited for my daughter for this trip - I can't wait.

I want to make a shirt for her and I to wear on our travel day, but am not sure what/how. Any ideas???

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #2554
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
More than awesome its the new deluxe photo pass with extra disney photos on it and if you have ride pics on the roller coasters and you show your card at the photo desks right outside the ride they will put those on also. If you end up with extra photo pass cards dont worry you can add them to your speical card at any computer. then when you get home you can edit the photos and use the code to have them mail you the cd for free.
They also add your pictures from character meals as well. [/QUOTE]

Good to know. We are having a character meal at the Tuscker?? House in ANimal Kingdom and at the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. Both are lunches. I really wanted breakfast, but nothing was available.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #2555
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
My daughter had her presentation party this morning.

I want to make a shirt for her and I to wear on our travel day, but am not sure what/how. Any ideas???
I cannot wait for our presentation party!!! 2 weeks! As it's getting closer, it's getting harder keeping it a secret.

For shirts, maybe going to Joanns (or different craft store) for some iron-ons? You could probably watch a you tube video on how to make mickey mouse tye-dye shirts. I am not super crafty so that's as far as my suggestions go
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #2556
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM
My daughter had her presentation party this morning. It was at a busy restaurant (wasn't expecting that), so she was a little agitated with all the people and loud noise, plus her seizures / spasms have been acting up the past few days, so that didn't help. She got a lot of neat things that local community schools, senior citizens, and quilt guilds gave her. M-A-W gave her her stuff for the trip (our limo leaves at 6:20a.m.). Our wish granter told us today about the photo pass - photos don't cost anything and at the end of the trip, you get a free CD of the photos. Apparently there is a new security line at airports for people with medications, medical devices, etc, so that is really cool and will cut down on time (no long lines).

Unfortunately, my daughters seizures and spasms have increased over past couple of days, so she had an infusion today. Hopefully it will help. So far it hasn't, and its been 5 hours. Her doctor wanted to hospitalize her, but I asked not to. I just hope we can stabilize her to where I am comfortable leaving. I want her to enjoy herself to and not be agitated all day like the past couple of days. Not fun! We see her doctor and neurologist tomorrow and again on Friday. Hope for the best!!!

I have been going over her packet with her, and keep telling her she is going to Mickey's World. She gets excited with the word Mickey! This almost seems like a dream that we are going to wake up out of. I am so excited for my daughter for this trip - I can't wait.

There are a lot of iron ons you can get or do puffy paint. I hope she gets to feeling better quick! So excited for your trip!!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #2557
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

THANK YOU BOTH! I have been looking at iron-ons, but can't find a Mickey Mouse one. I will be near another craft store tomorrow, so am going to check there.

Puffy Paint.. Good idea.. Although, I have to be artistic, and I am far from it. I will see what I can find.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #2558
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Hello! I have not been on here in a long time! We are going in January and are extending our trip by three days. Can we use any of the standard amusement park tickets during our extension (Disney World, Sea World, Universal)? Or are they that valid after we leave? Thanks!!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #2559
jas792
Earning My Ears

PTR for wish trip for Anna

our pre trip report for Anna's wish trip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I am doing this right I was trying to find ideas for Anna for her wish trip. So I typed in ideas for a wish trip and in the results I found this disboard. I loved reading all the stories - for the last few weeks - today I saw a post with a link to the board to start a thread --so I hope I am in the right place to start posting my PTR..Anna is getting a wish from Marty Lyons Foundation. She was approved a while ago but does not have clearancefrom the doctor to travel so we have waited. She can travel now so we are going to call back the wish granter tommorrow. The only problem is we still don't know what to ask for. She loves stitch -- he is her favorite - she wants to meet the other characters in the stitch movies. Problem is they are only in Japan Disneyland. When I see if I am doing this right I will post her story - just not sure if I am in the right place
Thanks
Jo
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #2560
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon03015 View Post
Hello! I have not been on here in a long time! We are going in January and are extending our trip by three days. Can we use any of the standard amusement park tickets during our extension (Disney World, Sea World, Universal)? Or are they that valid after we leave? Thanks!!
From what I read, they are valid for two weeks, but like Sea World is only valid for one of those days during two weeks, Disney Theme Parks are 3 days, the other parks are two days.

I would of liked to of extended our trip to not feel so rush and give my daughter plenty of time to rest, especially with the time change, but our M-A-W wouldn't allow it. We had to use the return flight at the end of our M-A-W trip. I looked into just purchasing return tickets, but its too expensive. Oh well. Glad your able to.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #2561
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas792 View Post
our pre trip report for Anna's wish trip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I am doing this right I was trying to find ideas for Anna for her wish trip. So I typed in ideas for a wish trip and in the results I found this disboard. I loved reading all the stories - for the last few weeks - today I saw a post with a link to the board to start a thread --so I hope I am in the right place to start posting my PTR..Anna is getting a wish from Marty Lyons Foundation. She was approved a while ago but does not have clearancefrom the doctor to travel so we have waited. She can travel now so we are going to call back the wish granter tommorrow. The only problem is we still don't know what to ask for. She loves stitch -- he is her favorite - she wants to meet the other characters in the stitch movies. Problem is they are only in Japan Disneyland. When I see if I am doing this right I will post her story - just not sure if I am in the right place
Thanks
Jo
Stitch characters are at Universal Orlando or Hollywood Studios. I don't remember which one, but they are there in Orlando. A friend went last summer and saw Stitch and the others as her son loves Stitch too.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #2562
jas792
Earning My Ears

stitch is at the parks
Lilo is only at the polynesian breakfast -- but there are no other stitch characters --in any case there is no way we can go to Japan LOL.
I am going to call the wish granter back tommorrow and ask if we could go to GKTW --- we'll have to see what she says
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #2563
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
THANK YOU BOTH! I have been looking at iron-ons, but can't find a Mickey Mouse one. I will be near another craft store tomorrow, so am going to check there.

Puffy Paint.. Good idea.. Although, I hOave to be artistic, and I am far from it. I will see what I can find.
If you have a JoAnne's close I did see some Disney iron ons. Don't worry anything you try will look great! Try Pintrest too, might find some good ideas.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #2564
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas792 View Post
stitch is at the parks
Lilo is only at the polynesian breakfast -- but there are no other stitch characters --in any case there is no way we can go to Japan LOL.
I am going to call the wish granter back tommorrow and ask if we could go to GKTW --- we'll have to see what she says
Well, maybe it was just last summer then because her kids saw Stitch, Lilo, Jumba and one other one (started with a G, I believe) were there. That was the whole reason why they went.

Good luck! Hope it all works out.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #2565
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
If you have a JoAnne's close I did see some Disney iron ons. Don't worry anything you try will look great! Try Pintrest too, might find some good ideas.
Thank you Melissa. I will look up JoAnne's and see if one is in the area. Iron Ons are just so much easier. LOL!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: