Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #2536
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Thanks Melissa

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #2537
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
Christie on Friday I bought all the packages they had. They are in the scrapebook area. 8 in a pack reg price $4.99 I got them for $2.99. You can also buy plan bottle caps at the craft store and put a picture on them yourself.
I found those online. Are they flat on the back side so it would be easy to attach a magnet? I think that was an awesome idea and something easy enough that my boys could help create.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #2538
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post

eat lots of ice cream at GKTW even for breakfast. let the kids eat lots and lots of ice cream. Mine are still in awe of that.

Spend time at GKTW and go to a couple parties if you can

be sure and take the surfing photo at GKTW pool

have a plan for the day so you know what you want to do but dont get rigid and let the fun just happen.

take lots of photos and really take advantage of the disney photo pass and gets lots of full family photos.

do rediculous stuff your kids know you just dont do, like let them get a giant stuffed animal, or what ever

dont forget self care for you, try out the jaccuzi bath tub, do what ever you need to do to get enough sleep

Some great ideas, and thank you so much. I am sure other parents will appreciate these too.

Unfortunately, we probably won't do ice cream. My daughter can no longer have it, and she loves it, so I can't eat it since she can't. I just don't have the heart to do so in front of her.

It is just her and I going!

I plan to take a ton of photos (I am a photographer). Never heard though of the photo pass. Looking forward to finding out what that is. I think I have seen that word in a few places. I want to get a lot of photos of my daughter and I. It's not too often we get to unless I set something up for us.

Surfing photo... Sounds fun! I will definitely look into that.

I am trying to find out EVERYTHING that is happening so we can pick and choose what we want to do. I have already figured out which parks for the most part we want to go to. I am also trying to find out where all Mickey is going to be, and at what parks, etc. My daughter is in LOVE with Mickey!

My daughter will love the jacuzzi tub, but yes, I will definitely plan on using it just for me too.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving day. They celebrate Christmas instead of Thanksgiving, but with a whole Thanksgiving feast.

Thanks!!

If anyone else has any other ideas/suggestions/must do, please do list. [/QUOTE]

I would really suggest looking into the photo pass at disney. If you purchase it before you leave for the trip you can get a discount. Just google disney photo pass and you should find the link if not let me know and I will find it for you. As a fellow photographer myself I can tell you it is amazing to actually be IN the photos All of the disney parks have photo pass photographers stationed throughout the parks (there is also a map online of where to find them) you have a photo pass card and each time you find a photographer they scan your card and take pics of you and your family. They can even do some fun ones where they insert tink and a few other characters. There is no limit to the amount of photos you can take and then when you get home you log in and can add some fun borders and then place the order for the cd (which is where purchasing before you leave can save some money!) We used it last year and had over 100 photos of us and the kids at the character meet and greets. They also include stock photos of all of the characters. It is awesome if you have the extra money.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #2539
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

Ok, I need opinions. Our wish granters came last week and we put down dates that would work. Which was the week is March 22nd. My husband and I both work in the school district and we have 3 other boys in school, so during school is not a great option for us. So, we chose spring break because we know Prescott (wish kid) does not tolerate heat real well. However, after looking at the calendar, I found out that the dates we picked are actually the week heading up to Easter. We could also go the first week in June, but wanted your opinions. June I worry about the heat and March I worry about the crowds. Also, has anyone called the wish granters and changed the date before being approved? Will requesting a busy week make it more likely it won't be approved? Ahhhh, what would you do?

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #2540
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
Ok, I need opinions. Our wish granters came last week and we put down dates that would work. Which was the week is March 22nd. My husband and I both work in the school district and we have 3 other boys in school, so during school is not a great option for us. So, we chose spring break because we know Prescott (wish kid) does not tolerate heat real well. However, after looking at the calendar, I found out that the dates we picked are actually the week heading up to Easter. We could also go the first week in June, but wanted your opinions. June I worry about the heat and March I worry about the crowds. Also, has anyone called the wish granters and changed the date before being approved? Will requesting a busy week make it more likely it won't be approved? Ahhhh, what would you do?
I choose a holiday week so my daughter wouldn't miss any school. I changed dates twice, but that was also more so due to the availability at GKTW. I also didn't want summer months as I know from about May through first part of September, its humid and hot! May and September are a tad cooler than the rest of the summer months, but the humidity is still bad and just not pleasant in my opinion. I have been there in May before. So, I don't recommend June. My choices were my daughters spring break, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I choose Thanksgiving as it seem to be less crowded than Christmas. Spring break, it just didn't work out. Spring break is nice because not all schools have spring break the same time, to where all schools have the same Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. I would stick to your spring break!

Good luck!!

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #2541
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Will requesting a busy week make it more likely it won't be approved? Ahhhh, what would you do?
We were told to give them 3 different dates that were between the months of October-May (no summer months as it's too hot), no school holidays, and no week of any holiday. This, of course, is our wish projects (Montana Hope Project) policy. The travel during no holidays is, I think, a way they can get cheaper flights out of here (MT). So when we were called in September, I gave her 3 dates, first week of December, last week of January, and first week of February. We wanted to go when it's freezing up here. They chose our first choice, December.
Another thing, a popular week may be harder to get into GKTW. Of course not everyone has the same spring break so you probably will be just fine. Our spring break is the first week of April.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #2542
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
We were told to give them 3 different dates that were between the months of October-May (no summer months as it's too hot), no school holidays, and no week of any holiday. This, of course, is our wish projects (Montana Hope Project) policy. The travel during no holidays is, I think, a way they can get cheaper flights out of here (MT). So when we were called in September, I gave her 3 dates, first week of December, last week of January, and first week of February. We wanted to go when it's freezing up here. They chose our first choice, December.
Another thing, a popular week may be harder to get into GKTW. Of course not everyone has the same spring break so you probably will be just fine. Our spring break is the first week of April.
We had no restrictions on dates, and we were even offered a time in July if we wanted to go sooner, but I said no way due to heat. Plus my daughter was in summer school and I didn't want her missing any school. She loves it too much to miss it even for M-A-W trip. I know that they need at least two-three months notice for GKTW. That was one reason why we couldn't go last spring was because they were booked (it was mid December when they checked). I know our flights were $700 each for the week of Thanksgiving. I was pretty picky with times because of what was best for my daughter. I have heard of other chapters having different regulations than ours, so I think each chapter / organization is different...

That is too bad you had so many restrictions, but do hope it all works out for you.

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #2543
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

We are working around school too - so our first choice was winter break - in February, then Spring Break, then first week of summer. They said there were no issues with any of those choices and did we want to move it up to Thanksgiving week! It was a hard choice to say no to that offer, but we decided to stick to our original plan. I think with the special attention to Wish families - the crowds shouldn't be too much of a factor hopefully.

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #2544
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post

That is too bad you had so many restrictions, but do hope it all works out for you.
I didn't mind the restrictions. With my husbands work, it's actually harder to get the time off during those times anyway and we didn't want to risk that. And we didn't want to travel during Thanksgiving or Christmas.
There are a lot of wish trips coming up, I hope to be able to read a trip report before we leave!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #2545
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Thank you all for your kind words about us supporting MAW. It was a LOT of fun and I highly recommend doing a walk in the future. If you haven't yet, sign up with your local MAW for their newsletter. That is a great place to learn what your wish organization is up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
[/COLOR]

If anyone else has any other ideas/suggestions/must do, please do list.

Spend an entire down day at the village and just explore...it is worth every minute, especially if your wish child is like mine and needs rest. We had a BLAST just enjoying everything, including the volunteers!
I would really suggest looking into the photo pass at disney. If you purchase it before you leave for the trip you can get a discount. Just google disney photo pass and you should find the link if not let me know and I will find it for you. As a fellow photographer myself I can tell you it is amazing to actually be IN the photos All of the disney parks have photo pass photographers stationed throughout the parks (there is also a map online of where to find them) you have a photo pass card and each time you find a photographer they scan your card and take pics of you and your family. They can even do some fun ones where they insert tink and a few other characters. There is no limit to the amount of photos you can take and then when you get home you log in and can add some fun borders and then place the order for the cd (which is where purchasing before you leave can save some money!) We used it last year and had over 100 photos of us and the kids at the character meet and greets. They also include stock photos of all of the characters. It is awesome if you have the extra money.[/QUOTE]

If you are staying at GKTW, DO NOT BUY A PHOTOPASS! You will be given a code to redeem for a FREE Regular Photopass CD at orientation. The famous Maroo had a hand in suggesting they provide these for wish kids (she will say modestly it wasn't her; but, I remember a LOOOOONG time ago that she did indeed). I LOVED getting pics of the entire family together. I am sorry I don't kow about other wish organizations (Such as Sunshine Foundation. I hope they do as well, they deserve one also).

Last edited by blessedmom4; 11-12-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #2546
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Also, has anyone called the wish granters and changed the date before being approved? Will requesting a busy week make it more likely it won't be approved? Ahhhh, what would you do?
We actually changed dates..three times for medical reasons. It would not have mattered why we changed, if your child qualifies medically for a wish, they WILL work with your dates, no worries. If I needed to change dates, then I would change dates. That is the main reason our chapter doesn't purchase airline tickets to far in advance, dates have to be changed sometimes.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #2547
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Question about the bibbidi bobbidi boutique...i have seen lots of videos and pictures of kids getting the makeovers done and they all seem to have long hair. Have any of you been able to do the makeover with the added hair piece with the child having short hair?

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #2548
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Thank you all for your kind words about us supporting MAW. It was a LOT of fun and I highly recommend doing a walk in the future. If you haven't yet, sign up with your local MAW for their newsletter. That is a great place to learn what your wish organization is up to.

[/COLOR]
Spend an entire down day at the village and just explore...it is worth every minute, especially if your wish child is like mine and needs rest. We had a BLAST just enjoying everything, including the volunteers!
I would really suggest looking into the photo pass at disney. If you purchase it before you leave for the trip you can get a discount. Just google disney photo pass and you should find the link if not let me know and I will find it for you. As a fellow photographer myself I can tell you it is amazing to actually be IN the photos All of the disney parks have photo pass photographers stationed throughout the parks (there is also a map online of where to find them) you have a photo pass card and each time you find a photographer they scan your card and take pics of you and your family. They can even do some fun ones where they insert tink and a few other characters. There is no limit to the amount of photos you can take and then when you get home you log in and can add some fun borders and then place the order for the cd (which is where purchasing before you leave can save some money!) We used it last year and had over 100 photos of us and the kids at the character meet and greets. They also include stock photos of all of the characters. It is awesome if you have the extra money.

If you are staying at GKTW, DO NOT BUY A PHOTOPASS! You will be given a code to redeem for a FREE Regular Photopass CD at orientation. The famous Maroo had a hand in suggesting they provide these for wish kids (she will say modestly it wasn't her; but, I remember a LOOOOONG time ago that she did indeed). I LOVED getting pics of the entire family together. I am sorry I don't kow about other wish organizations (Such as Sunshine Foundation. I hope they do as well, they deserve one also).
[/QUOTE]

WOW!! That is great they give MAW families the photo pass. When we went to Disney 2 yrs ago they had it on sale if you purchased it before your trip. We got some great pictures and we were actually chasing the photographers around to get every shot! They also give you a release so you can get photos printed at home. I did have to show this when I got them printed at Sams.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #2549
NEmel
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Cassondra;46687905]I found those online. Are they flat on the back side so it would be easy to attach a magnet? I think that was an awesome idea and something easy enough that my boys could help create.[/QUOte

They are actually a bottle cap, but on the back they have a circle of double sided adhesive. I just took some E6000 (glue) and stuck a little magnet right to that. I tried it on our fridge and it works great!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #2550
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

If you are staying at GKTW, DO NOT BUY A PHOTOPASS! You will be given a code to redeem for a FREE Regular Photopass CD at orientation. The famous Maroo had a hand in suggesting they provide these for wish kids (she will say modestly it wasn't her; but, I remember a LOOOOONG time ago that she did indeed). I LOVED getting pics of the entire family together. I am sorry I don't kow about other wish organizations (Such as Sunshine Foundation. I hope they do as well, they deserve one also). [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

That is awesome!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: