Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #2521
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
I just signed us up to do the fish extender exchange. Any ideas for gifts? There are a lot of participants and we are on a budget. Any ideas would be appreciated! Counting adults there are already close to 60 people participating.
I'm planning on bottle cap magnets, key rings, mickey necklaces, and some pirate toys. I found Disney bottle caps at Joanns for 40% going to glue a magnet on, for the key ring I'm going to sew it and put a ring on. The Mickey charms for necklaces I found on Ebay 12 for $5.00 then I plan to find some type of black string to put it on. Oriental Trading Company has a lot of neat pirate toys for cheap as well.
I did see some of the ideas on the thread and some are way to much $ plus we won't have a lot of extra room in suitcases. I thought all of these would be small.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #2522
NEmel
Mouseketeer

We did our first Walk for Wishes event yesterday and while some folks raised thousands of dollars, we managed to raise $835.00. I was quite happy!! I figure every little bit helps! For those who don't know, the average cost of a wish in our city is $6,000! There are MANY truly ill children waiting on their wishes in our area, so I am happy to do my part to give back. Lisa's wish trip was a magical time and I want other families to experience that.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Congrats on the fundraising!! That is something to be proud of!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #2523
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
I'm planning on bottle cap magnets, key rings, mickey necklaces, and some pirate toys. I found Disney bottle caps at Joanns for 40% going to glue a magnet on, for the key ring I'm going to sew it and put a ring on. The Mickey charms for necklaces I found on Ebay 12 for $5.00 then I plan to find some type of black string to put it on. Oriental Trading Company has a lot of neat pirate toys for cheap as well.
I did see some of the ideas on the thread and some are way to much $ plus we won't have a lot of extra room in suitcases. I thought all of these would be small.
Hi Melissa. What is this for, and what is the homemade site for? Is it for some purpose, or just personal family ideas to do with their/for kids? Sorry for being nosy.

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #2524
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We did our first Walk for Wishes event yesterday and while some folks raised thousands of dollars, we managed to raise $835.00. I was quite happy!! I figure every little bit helps! For those who don't know, the average cost of a wish in our city is $6,000! There are MANY truly ill children waiting on their wishes in our area, so I am happy to do my part to give back. Lisa's wish trip was a magical time and I want other families to experience that.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Congrats on the fundraising!! That is something to be proud of! [/QUOTE]

yesterday must have been a day for wishes! I particapted in the hair challenge event for our local Make-A-Wish yesterday and I chopped off my ponytail after collecting pledges. I wish we could have raised more but we deff fought for every cent we got, $371! I am mst proud of the fact that Kyra worked thru the pain and went door to door with me and wouldnt stop until she filled a pledge sheet each time!. Congrats on an awesome amount for your local organization!

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #2525
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

was reading and catching up and pressed quote on the wrong one, but you guys will understand lol!

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #2526
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
Hi Melissa. What is this for, and what is the homemade site for? Is it for some purpose, or just personal family ideas to do with their/for kids? Sorry for being nosy.

On the Disney Cruises you can make a fish extender to hang outside your stateroom door. Then there are boards to sign up for gift exchanges. You make or buy fun things to exchange with other people that participate. Not nosy at all!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #2527
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
Congrats on the fundraising!! That is something to be proud of!

yesterday must have been a day for wishes! I particapted in the hair challenge event for our local Make-A-Wish yesterday and I chopped off my ponytail after collecting pledges. I wish we could have raised more but we deff fought for every cent we got, $371! I am mst proud of the fact that Kyra worked thru the pain and went door to door with me and wouldnt stop until she filled a pledge sheet each time!. Congrats on an awesome amount for your local organization![/QUOTE]

Awesome!! So proud of you both!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #2528
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Thanks Melissa. That is really a neat idea...

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #2529
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

so i have been very upfront with kyra about the whole trip since she was approved. She is gettig better but still has issues with not bbeing prepared for change. Any advice on ways to prepare her for this trip?

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #2530
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
so i have been very upfront with kyra about the whole trip since she was approved. She is gettig better but still has issues with not bbeing prepared for change. Any advice on ways to prepare her for this trip?
My son is the same way. I've been using the internet a ton to share photos and videos of experiences we will have. He doesn't do well in unfamiliar situations or in loud crowded places. Although he is getting better with that the pictures and videos I have found on youtube have really seemed to help.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 11-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #2531
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks! Those are great ideas. I was getting a little worried when I saw some of the expensive gifts people were putting together. It sounds like a lot of fun to participate but money and suitcase space is something we need to keep in mind too.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #2532
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
My son is the same way. I've been using the internet a ton to share photos and videos of experiences we will have. He doesn't do well in unfamiliar situations or in loud crowded places. Although he is getting better with that the pictures and videos I have found on youtube have really seemed to help.
We have been doing ALOT of youtube videos and the gktw website is almost always open on the comptuer so if she wants to look around she can.

Kyras MAW PTR

Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #2533
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Love all the giving back things to MAW! You are brave on the hair! We are actually coming back from our Thanksgiving camping trip a day early to make sure we have dinner at a local pizza place that is donating it proceeds to MAW from that day. (Don't tell the hubby but this isn't much of a sacrafice for me. I hate leftovers, cold weather camping and missing black friday!)

So I have a MAW question, We have been to Disney before with the GAC and found we still needed to wait in the regular line for a lot of the attractions and use fastpass. Does doing it as a wish trip change any of this? Also, if anyone knows, do we get to use the extra magic hours if we are staying at GKTW?
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2534
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
We did our first Walk for Wishes event yesterday and while some folks raised thousands of dollars, we managed to raise $835.00.
Quote:
yesterday must have been a day for wishes! I particapted in the hair challenge event for our local Make-A-Wish yesterday and I chopped off my ponytail after collecting pledges. I wish we could have raised more but we deff fought for every cent we got, $371! I am mst proud of the fact that Kyra worked thru the pain and went door to door with me and wouldnt stop until she filled a pledge sheet each time!. Congrats on an awesome amount for your local organization!
Thank you so much to both of you for fundraising

Quote:
Great ideas Did you buy the Disney caps recently?

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM

Last edited by angel's momma; 11-12-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #2535
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Christie on Friday I bought all the packages they had. They are in the scrapebook area. 8 in a pack reg price $4.99 I got them for $2.99. You can also buy plan bottle caps at the craft store and put a picture on them yourself.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: