Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #2476
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
Also, my daughter just came down ill, so its a little stressful as I just want her to be 100% for her trip so she will enjoy it thoroughly. Thankfully, she got sick now and not next week, so she has some time to get better and recover.
Praying for a speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camidges View Post
Woo Hoo! We just got a letter from our local MAW office... Ryan's dates have been chosen... We are going Jan 6-12 (The week before his birthday). It is so exciting to know that we can finally start a little planning!
Yay! Enjoy your planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
We just got the flight itinerary eeeppp!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
SHe got on the bus yelling "Poo, Poo, Poo" Bet there will be a lot of extra diaper changing toay! Please let her stay healthy!

Praying she'll stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
That's what makes it so exciting, to watch her face when she understands!

Quote:
The 14 yearold is the size of a 5 year old and in a wheel chair stroller. SHE will love the bright Mickey looking prints I am thinking of. But I associate them more with toddlers. I don't want to make her look like a fool.
Quote:
I question this type of thing all the time because my 16 year old daughter wears much smaller than her age. I always try to find something that is more appropriate to her age, but like her teacher has told me a few times when I say"this is a new outfit and I think it suits her age" she says, "look at all the other high school girls, they wear stuff that aren't there age, so do adults sometimes, so its fine if she likes it. I wouldn't worry about it". I still do though.

I was just thinking last night, "how am I going to dress her age when she is in her mid 20's when she would still wear a girls 10-12". I wonder how others do it. I have no idea.
My 14 year old dreaded outgrowing the fun Disney selections offered in kid sizes - she doesn't care for "teen" clothes, and wishes she could still fit in kid sizes.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #2477
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Kayla, do you have a PTR threas somewhere? I would love to read about your DD. SHe sounds very similar to mine. I hope she gets to feeling better in time. I know if it were me, I would actually be glad to have my DD sick a week before because it would totally mean we were in the clear for our trip! I went to Joann's today to try to buy some fabric to make some Disney clothes for my DD. The trip was not a success due to a mean lady. Mean ladies are not supposed to be at the fabric store! On a happy note, our wish granter confirmed that we did get a spot at GKTW!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #2478
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Woo Hoo!
We just got a letter from our local MAW office... Ryan's dates have been chosen... We are going Jan 6-12 (The week before his birthday). It is so exciting to know that we can finally start a little planning!

Yea for dates! After looking at the forcast here next week I'm jealous you will be there in Jan! It should be great weather!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #2479
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am doing the same thing with my DD. I want her to understand it is about HER. I'm not sure she will be able to comprehend it until we get there.

Question: Is it wrong to make my 14 year old DD and my 7 year old DS wear matching outfits the entire time at Disney? What if the outfits are obnoxiously over the top disney rather then just a little decal on the top? The 14 yearold is the size of a 5 year old and in a wheel chair stroller. SHE will love the bright Mickey looking prints I am thinking of. But I associate them more with toddlers. I don't want to make her look like a fool.
Go For it!! I love having my boys match when we are on vacation. It is easier to keep track of them, plus looks great for pictures!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #2480
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Kayla, do you have a PTR threas somewhere? I would love to read about your DD. SHe sounds very similar to mine. I hope she gets to feeling better in time. I know if it were me, I would actually be glad to have my DD sick a week before because it would totally mean we were in the clear for our trip! I went to Joann's today to try to buy some fabric to make some Disney clothes for my DD. The trip was not a success due to a mean lady. Mean ladies are not supposed to be at the fabric store! On a happy note, our wish granter confirmed that we did get a spot at GKTW!
If you have a Hobby Lobby close by they have Disney fabric as well! Yea for GKTW, I have a friend that went in Aug and it looks amazing!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #2481
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

you are all making want to learn how to make more stuff lol

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #2482
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you.

I am glad she got sick early on and not during or just before, but sometimes her infections can last more than the typical 10 days, so I am just praying that she is well in time to go and not have a set back.

That is to bad about the fabric store. Hope you can get to another one and have success! You'll need to take pics of the outfits as I am sure we would all love to see them. I wish I had the time to make a few things!

I can't really answer your question about PTR - I don't know what your referring to. I'm sorry.

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #2483
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
Tomorrow the wish granters come over to talk to us about Prescott's wish! I found out today that the doctor that signed off on Prescotts medical form used to be a wish granter. i thought that was cool. So excited!!!
How exciting! I can't wait to hear is official wish!

Quote:
Woo Hoo!
We just got a letter from our local MAW office... Ryan's dates have been chosen... We are going Jan 6-12 (The week before his birthday). It is so exciting to know that we can finally start a little planning!

Yay!!

Quote:
i am so excited i wanna bounce and i feel sick all at the same time lol We just got the flight itinerary! eeeppp!
How exciting!

Quote:
WOO HOO!!!
We just got back from an out of town doctor appointment. We found out that her back is staying stable enough (scoliosis) that she only needs to wear her back brace at night! So for the first time in 2 years she has nothing on her truck area (cast/brace). She is FREE. And the doctor told us to leave the brace home while we go on her Wish trip
We were going to have to carry it carry on but it's such an odd shape that I dreaded it. Now she'll have more flexibilty!
That is wonderful news!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #2484
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On a happy note, our wish granter confirmed that we did get a spot at GKTW!
Yay!

Quote:
I can't really answer your question about PTR - I don't know what your referring to. I'm sorry.
Pre Trip Report

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #2485
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
NEmel - Love the shirt

I agree about the white shirts. Thanks for the info - I'll check out the site.
Thank you We ended up getting blue shirts today! Our chapter got some in and they were actually $10 each. Once you select the size, then the price goes up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
Take a stroller!! We went to Disney 2 yrs ago and Carter was 5 it was hard to find a small one for him to fit in but so worth it! His legs get tired easily and I knew I didn't want to carry him. There is a lot of walking. I saw that the MAW site does have some cool things, might have to order. I cheated on his shirt, my parents own a sewing store! lol
Thanks! I'm leaning toward taking our own- so long as American is like Southwest and doesn't count strollers as baggage.

That's not cheating. That's being resourceful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post

As for future reference of MAW shirt colors - I vote for brown. It's the color of dirt and chocolate... two things my boys are covered in quite a bit.
Amen!! E is stuck with a white tshirt b/c they don't have the blue ones in 2/4. The smallest is a 6/8 and he was swimming in it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
We asked our MAW for one. I first offered to use our money they provide us and emailed the link I was going to rent from. Kingdom strollers I think was the company and it will be at gktw when we get there. All we have to do is make it through the airport without a stroller!
Yeah....I heard of another MAW family doing that, too. I don't think our chapter would spring for it since the parks have strollers...I think there are some things they are more flexible on than others. I felt like asking to extend and some other stuff trumped the stroller issue. I'm just too chicken to ask!

Quote:
Having been to disney before, I would reccomend taking a cheap umbrella stroller. If nothing else, the walk leaving the parks can get really long with a tired kid! I seem to remember that we could check our wheel chair stroller when we rented at Disney. You may still be able to do that. I would get a rental from Disney when you are actually in the parks. If nothing else, its a good way to schelp around all your gear.

I sucked it up and emailed our wish granters to ask where we are staying. I really don't want to come off entitled and feel bad asking for anything from them, so I hope I worded my email correctly!
Thanks and, I totally understand about feeling awkward about asking about things. What I will tell a new wish family though, is to ASK! I just kind of assumed some things and learned that it never hurts to ask...even though it might feel awkward. Case-in-point? Our Wish Mgr thought she had already sent our flight times to us. I finally got the nerve to email about it last week and that's when I found out that she thought she had already sent us the email! Had I not asked where would we be? Eek! I have felt the same way about emails. I should just call...but I feel even more awkward over the phone...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
take a stroller so you dont have to wait in lines to get one and have it at the resorts, parking lot etc. get it tagged as a wheel chair at the first part you visit and you can take it where strollers are not allowed.

I am so greatful I listened to folks here and had make a wish get us a wheel chair even though we do not use one at home. it made the trip so much easier and at times it would not have been possible to go on without it. dont under estimate how tiring it is to be there. the sensory overload alone is tremendous.
Thank you!

Quote:
Tomorrow the wish granters come over to talk to us about Prescott's wish! I found out today that the doctor that signed off on Prescotts medical form used to be a wish granter. i thought that was cool. So excited!!!
Yay!! That IS cool by the way!

Quote:
Love the shirt...

I would take my own stroller because its what he is used to, and you know you will have it every step of the way in case you need it.

------

I finally got two boxes packed and ready to ship out in the morning to GKTW. It is so nice to have that part done. Seems like there is so much to do. I think because this is also a very busy time with my daughters' medical, its just a lot. Also, my daughter just came down ill, so its a little stressful as I just want her to be 100% for her trip so she will enjoy it thoroughly. Thankfully, she got sick now and not next week, so she has some time to get better and recover.

Hope everyone else is getting ready for their trips in what ever stage they are in!

Thank you!! I hope your daughter feels better really soon!!

I haven't packed a THING!! It's like I'm rebelling or something...#procrastinator

Quote:
Woo Hoo!

Congratulations!!!!

Quote:
i am so excited i wanna bounce and i feel sick all at the same time lol We just got the flight itinerary! eeeppp!
Haha!!

Quote:
Love to hear about the trips that are getting close. Camidges, we will be there at the same time! I got my kids the Unofficial Guide to WDW and my 7 year old is determined to read the whole book. (Shhh. . . I am saying it is for the kids!!). Last night I tried to explain to him that he doesn't need to read the entire book and he tells me all in awe, "But mom, so many people contributed to this book! Some of the are college professors!" He is currently up to page 7. Which is basically the forward! I was reading the beginning to DD (age 14) today while waiting for the bus and reading off the names of the rides with fast pass and she was trying to repeat them. SHe got on the bus yelling "Poo, Poo, Poo" Bet there will be a lot of extra diaper changing toay! Please let her stay healthy!
That's sooo cute!!

Quote:
WOO HOO!!!
We just got back from an out of town doctor appointment. We found out that her back is staying stable enough (scoliosis) that she only needs to wear her back brace at night! So for the first time in 2 years she has nothing on her truck area (cast/brace). She is FREE. And the doctor told us to leave the brace home while we go on her Wish trip
We were going to have to carry it carry on but it's such an odd shape that I dreaded it. Now she'll have more flexibilty!
All right!!!

Ok. I need to do something packing-related before I get to bed....hehe...YIKES!! We leave on SUNDAY!! Oh my word.............

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #2486
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

OK, so the wish granters came last night, and Prescott's #1 wish to go to Disney World and #2 a new handicap accessible swing set. However, wish granter said that she didn't anticipate a problem with Disney World! So, now we actually belong here. Our dates were requested were in the end of March! Can't wait to find out!!!!

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #2487
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Thank you We ended up getting blue shirts today! Our chapter got some in and they were actually $10 each. Once you select the size, then the price goes up a bit.
Yay for the blue shirts I saw that with the prices.

Quote:
OK, so the wish granters came last night, and Prescott's #1 wish to go to Disney World and #2 a new handicap accessible swing set. However, wish granter said that she didn't anticipate a problem with Disney World! So, now we actually belong here. Our dates were requested were in the end of March! Can't wait to find out!!!!
Yay

Old 11-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #2488
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How exciting!! I hope you get the dates you requested. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to find out!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #2489
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Elsa recieved GKTW mail today But it is now hidden until we have our party a few days before we leave. 3 weeks from today we leave our house
Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #2490
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Yay!

Pre Trip Report
Oh, I keep thinking how I want to, but so hard to find the time, and not sure exactly what to write in regards to Pre Trip. I have a week before we leave, so maybe I will put something together!

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: