Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #2461
camidges
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 115

We have dates!

Woo Hoo!
We just got a letter from our local MAW office... Ryan's dates have been chosen... We are going Jan 6-12 (The week before his birthday). It is so exciting to know that we can finally start a little planning!

__________________




DL Trips: 10/2011 HOJO, 5/2011 HOJO, 3/2009 Staybridge, 9/2006 Residence Inn(Harbor), 9/1996 BWPPI
camidges is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #2462
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 75

i am so excited i wanna bounce and i feel sick all at the same time lol We just got the flight itinerary! eeeppp!
__________________
Mom to MAW child Kyra (4)

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749


DelanaAndKyra is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #2463
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer
 
carebearkidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Atlanta
Posts: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
Tomorrow the wish granters come over to talk to us about Prescott's wish! I found out today that the doctor that signed off on Prescotts medical form used to be a wish granter. i thought that was cool. So excited!!!
Yippee Skippy! It's feeling real now isn't it?!?
__________________
Karen (the momma) Ian (the daddy) William - 6 (the Cars boy) Matthew - 4 (the all out Disney NUT)

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23
carebearkidney is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #2464
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer
 
carebearkidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Atlanta
Posts: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by camidges View Post
Woo Hoo!
We just got a letter from our local MAW office... Ryan's dates have been chosen... We are going Jan 6-12 (The week before his birthday). It is so exciting to know that we can finally start a little planning!

Enjoy the planning!!

Quote:
DelanaAndKyra i am so excited i wanna bounce and i feel sick all at the same time lol We just got the flight itinerary! eeeppp!
Just don't bounce after a full meal or you will be sick! yay on the flight info!
__________________
Karen (the momma) Ian (the daddy) William - 6 (the Cars boy) Matthew - 4 (the all out Disney NUT)

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23
carebearkidney is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #2465
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 87

Love to hear about the trips that are getting close. Camidges, we will be there at the same time! I got my kids the Unofficial Guide to WDW and my 7 year old is determined to read the whole book. (Shhh. . . I am saying it is for the kids!!). Last night I tried to explain to him that he doesn't need to read the entire book and he tells me all in awe, "But mom, so many people contributed to this book! Some of the are college professors!" He is currently up to page 7. Which is basically the forward! I was reading the beginning to DD (age 14) today while waiting for the bus and reading off the names of the rides with fast pass and she was trying to repeat them. SHe got on the bus yelling "Poo, Poo, Poo" Bet there will be a lot of extra diaper changing toay! Please let her stay healthy!
Nevada Jen is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #2466
kalimom6
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 147

WOO HOO!!!
We just got back from an out of town doctor appointment. We found out that her back is staying stable enough (scoliosis) that she only needs to wear her back brace at night! So for the first time in 2 years she has nothing on her truck area (cast/brace). She is FREE. And the doctor told us to leave the brace home while we go on her Wish trip
We were going to have to carry it carry on but it's such an odd shape that I dreaded it. Now she'll have more flexibilty!
__________________
Sarah, mom to M-10, L-8, G-7, Elsa-5(wish child), L-3, and J-17 months
Sea World/GKTW Dec. 1, 2012-Dec. 7, 2012
kalimom6 is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #2467
KaylaM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
so sorry she is sick, but much better now than in Florida! Hopefully she can rest and be ready to roll.
Definitely!! Thank you so much!
__________________
Make-A-Wish trip November 2012 Give Kids the World / Walt Disney World

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
KaylaM is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #2468
KaylaM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
WOO HOO!!!
We just got back from an out of town doctor appointment. We found out that her back is staying stable enough (scoliosis) that she only needs to wear her back brace at night! So for the first time in 2 years she has nothing on her truck area (cast/brace). She is FREE. And the doctor told us to leave the brace home while we go on her Wish trip
We were going to have to carry it carry on but it's such an odd shape that I dreaded it. Now she'll have more flexibilty!
OMG! That is AWESOME! What a great gift for your trip!! HAVE FUN!!!
__________________
Make-A-Wish trip November 2012 Give Kids the World / Walt Disney World

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
KaylaM is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #2469
KaylaM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
Love to hear about the trips that are getting close. Camidges, we will be there at the same time! I got my kids the Unofficial Guide to WDW and my 7 year old is determined to read the whole book. (Shhh. . . I am saying it is for the kids!!). Last night I tried to explain to him that he doesn't need to read the entire book and he tells me all in awe, "But mom, so many people contributed to this book! Some of the are college professors!" He is currently up to page 7. Which is basically the forward! I was reading the beginning to DD (age 14) today while waiting for the bus and reading off the names of the rides with fast pass and she was trying to repeat them. SHe got on the bus yelling "Poo, Poo, Poo" Bet there will be a lot of extra diaper changing toay! Please let her stay healthy!
awww.. that is so cute! he is so into this trip..

hope she stays healthy and has a wonderful trip (all of you)!

__________________
Make-A-Wish trip November 2012 Give Kids the World / Walt Disney World

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
KaylaM is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #2470
KaylaM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
i am so excited i wanna bounce and i feel sick all at the same time lol We just got the flight itinerary! eeeppp!
Well, don't get sick, but enjoy the excitement!!

I am so excited, I wish my daughter could understand the full extent of it! I keep telling her daily she is going on a special trip just for her to see Mickey Mouse and do everything she wants, etc

Lastnight we finished packing up two boxes to ship out today, which I need to get going to get them shipped!

ENJOY your planning!
__________________
Make-A-Wish trip November 2012 Give Kids the World / Walt Disney World

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
KaylaM is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #2471
kalimom6
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
Well, don't get sick, but enjoy the excitement!!

I am so excited, I wish my daughter could understand the full extent of it! I keep telling her daily she is going on a special trip just for her to see Mickey Mouse and do everything she wants, etc

Lastnight we finished packing up two boxes to ship out today, which I need to get going to get them shipped!

ENJOY your planning!
Elsa doesnt fully understand either. At our doctor appointments yesterday and today we talked about it with the doctor but she has yet to mention it anywhere else. We are keeping it a secret until the week we go and half of the time the kids can't fully understand what she is saying. That's what makes it so exciting, to watch her face when she understands!
__________________
Sarah, mom to M-10, L-8, G-7, Elsa-5(wish child), L-3, and J-17 months
Sea World/GKTW Dec. 1, 2012-Dec. 7, 2012
kalimom6 is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #2472
KaylaM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
Elsa doesnt fully understand either. At our doctor appointments yesterday and today we talked about it with the doctor but she has yet to mention it anywhere else. We are keeping it a secret until the week we go and half of the time the kids can't fully understand what she is saying. That's what makes it so exciting, to watch her face when she understands!
That would be fun!

I am telling her so it will really be sunk in when we leave to help her be excited, so she knows its for her and Mickey Mouse. Well at least I would like to think so. What ever works.

Good luck!
__________________
Make-A-Wish trip November 2012 Give Kids the World / Walt Disney World

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
KaylaM is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #2473
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 87

I am doing the same thing with my DD. I want her to understand it is about HER. I'm not sure she will be able to comprehend it until we get there.

Question: Is it wrong to make my 14 year old DD and my 7 year old DS wear matching outfits the entire time at Disney? What if the outfits are obnoxiously over the top disney rather then just a little decal on the top? The 14 yearold is the size of a 5 year old and in a wheel chair stroller. SHE will love the bright Mickey looking prints I am thinking of. But I associate them more with toddlers. I don't want to make her look like a fool.
Nevada Jen is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #2474
KaylaM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
I am doing the same thing with my DD. I want her to understand it is about HER. I'm not sure she will be able to comprehend it until we get there.

Question: Is it wrong to make my 14 year old DD and my 7 year old DS wear matching outfits the entire time at Disney? What if the outfits are obnoxiously over the top disney rather then just a little decal on the top? The 14 yearold is the size of a 5 year old and in a wheel chair stroller. SHE will love the bright Mickey looking prints I am thinking of. But I associate them more with toddlers. I don't want to make her look like a fool.
I question this type of thing all the time because my 16 year old daughter wears much smaller than her age. I always try to find something that is more appropriate to her age, but like her teacher has told me a few times when I say"this is a new outfit and I think it suits her age" she says, "look at all the other high school girls, they wear stuff that aren't there age, so do adults sometimes, so its fine if she likes it. I wouldn't worry about it". I still do though.

I don't think that is wrong at all. You can maybe change the style a tad to suit each ones personality. Like add a "big" girls necklace to your 14 year old, and a "young" girls necklace on your 7 year old. I try to use necklaces, rings to bring her age out more.

I don't there is such a thing as over the top disney! I think with children and teens, the more there is, the better! It's more fun too!

I was just thinking last night, "how am I going to dress her age when she is in her mid 20's when she would still wear a girls 10-12". I wonder how others do it. I have no idea. Just thought I would throw that in. Sorry.

Good luck!
__________________
Make-A-Wish trip November 2012 Give Kids the World / Walt Disney World

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
KaylaM is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #2475
sarsop524
Mouseketeer
 
sarsop524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
Love the shirt...

I would take my own stroller because its what he is used to, and you know you will have it every step of the way in case you need it.

------

I finally got two boxes packed and ready to ship out in the morning to GKTW. It is so nice to have that part done. Seems like there is so much to do. I think because this is also a very busy time with my daughters' medical, its just a lot. Also, my daughter just came down ill, so its a little stressful as I just want her to be 100% for her trip so she will enjoy it thoroughly. Thankfully, she got sick now and not next week, so she has some time to get better and recover.

Hope everyone else is getting ready for their trips in what ever stage they are in!


So sorry to hear that kayla is sick, but at least she has time to get over it still! Sarah had to be at the hospital today for a sedated MRI, and the sedation is on the same floor as the peds unit, but down the hall. I thought about taking Sarah down to say to her favorite nurses, but then I got worried about the germs!! We stayed away from that end of the hall

Good luck getting her healthy, and hope to meet you at GKTW!!!
__________________
Kylee
Wife to Andy, and mom to Sarah (wish kid) and twin sister, Sophie


http://www.disboards.com/showthread....sarahs+maw+ptr




sarsop524 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: