Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #2446
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Among the zillions of thoughts thru my head, I'm wondering if we should take our stroller or just use the ones provided by the parks? Does every park have stroller rentals? The only reasons I'm hesitant are: 1. after the we leave, getting him to the car (or to the park when we arrive- he is fully ambulatory but will ask to be carried, especially in unfamiliar situations) 2. we will extend our trip and, from what I understand, we are completely on our own- so we'd have to pay for a stroller the rest of the time.

With David's setback, the tension from the election and in my house and then trying to get ready for Disney....wow...I'm emotionally wiped out! Silly things like my computer freezing while I'm trying to upload photos (to clear my memory cards for the trip) and then Shutterfly not uploading what I need it to have set me into a tizzy of tears! Goodness gracious! I'm going to be a mess by the time we land in Orlando .

Oh, and some of the pix that won't upload are from E's send off party!!!! GRRRRR...It keeps saying it's an invalid file type. They are all .jpgs! Really, computer? Really??? I need a new Mac.....

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #2447
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
WOW so many of you are going on your trips soon! Hope everyone has a blast! Here is one of the many shirts I am making for Carter! Don't mind the stain, he left a little lunch behind!

I love that shirt!! It's fantastic!!!

I wish our Wish shirts weren't white (for many reasons!). I just discovered that MAW sells blue shirts via their online store (amongst some other cool things like luggage tags, etc). I called to check on shipping times and it's 5 business days. Bummmmmmer. Expedited shipping is $89! Yowza! The blue shirts are pretty, though. For those of you going later...you might want to check into it!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #2448
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

NEmel - Love the shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
With David's setback, the tension from the election and in my house and then trying to get ready for Disney....wow...I'm emotionally wiped out! Silly things like my computer freezing while I'm trying to upload photos (to clear my memory cards for the trip) and then Shutterfly not uploading what I need it to have set me into a tizzy of tears! Goodness gracious! I'm going to be a mess by the time we land in Orlando .

Quote:
I wish our Wish shirts weren't white (for many reasons!). I just discovered that MAW sells blue shirts via their online store (amongst some other cool things like luggage tags, etc). I called to check on shipping times and it's 5 business days. Bummmmmmer. Expedited shipping is $89! Yowza! The blue shirts are pretty, though. For those of you going later...you might want to check into it!
I agree about the white shirts. Thanks for the info - I'll check out the site.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #2449
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
WOW so many of you are going on your trips soon! Hope everyone has a blast! Here is one of the many shirts I am making for Carter! Don't mind the stain, he left a little lunch behind!

LOVE it!!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #2450
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Among the zillions of thoughts thru my head, I'm wondering if we should take our stroller or just use the ones provided by the parks? Does every park have stroller rentals? The only reasons I'm hesitant are: 1. after the we leave, getting him to the car (or to the park when we arrive- he is fully ambulatory but will ask to be carried, especially in unfamiliar situations) 2. we will extend our trip and, from what I understand, we are completely on our own- so we'd have to pay for a stroller the rest of the time.

With David's setback, the tension from the election and in my house and then trying to get ready for Disney....wow...I'm emotionally wiped out! Silly things like my computer freezing while I'm trying to upload photos (to clear my memory cards for the trip) and then Shutterfly not uploading what I need it to have set me into a tizzy of tears! Goodness gracious! I'm going to be a mess by the time we land in Orlando :rolleye
Oh, and some of the pix that won't upload are from E's send off party!!!! GRRRRR...It keeps saying it's an invalid file type. They are all .jpgs! Really, computer? Really??? I need a new Mac.....
Take a stroller!! We went to Disney 2 yrs ago and Carter was 5 it was hard to find a small one for him to fit in but so worth it! His legs get tired easily and I knew I didn't want to carry him. There is a lot of walking. I saw that the MAW site does have some cool things, might have to order. I cheated on his shirt, my parents own a sewing store! lol
Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #2451
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

NEmel - I love the shirt too! Very cool.

As for future reference of MAW shirt colors - I vote for brown. It's the color of dirt and chocolate... two things my boys are covered in quite a bit.

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #2452
Emmaswishtrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We asked our MAW for one. I first offered to use our money they provide us and emailed the link I was going to rent from. Kingdom strollers I think was the company and it will be at gktw when we get there. All we have to do is make it through the airport without a stroller!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #2453
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Having been to disney before, I would reccomend taking a cheap umbrella stroller. If nothing else, the walk leaving the parks can get really long with a tired kid! I seem to remember that we could check our wheel chair stroller when we rented at Disney. You may still be able to do that. I would get a rental from Disney when you are actually in the parks. If nothing else, its a good way to schelp around all your gear.

I sucked it up and emailed our wish granters to ask where we are staying. I really don't want to come off entitled and feel bad asking for anything from them, so I hope I worded my email correctly!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #2454
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post
NEmel - I love the shirt too! Very cool.

As for future reference of MAW shirt colors - I vote for brown. It's the color of dirt and chocolate... two things my boys are covered in quite a bit.
I agree!! Boys are messy!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #2455
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=aym4Him;46649285]Among the zillions of thoughts thru my head, I'm wondering if we should take our stroller or just use the ones provided by the parks? Does every park have stroller rentals? The only reasons I'm hesitant are: 1. after the we leave, getting him to the car (or to the park when we arrive- he is fully ambulatory but will ask to be carried, especially in unfamiliar situations) 2. we will extend our trip and, from what I understand, we are completely on our own- so we'd have to pay for a stroller the rest of the time.

take a stroller so you dont have to wait in lines to get one and have it at the resorts, parking lot etc. get it tagged as a wheel chair at the first part you visit and you can take it where strollers are not allowed.

I am so greatful I listened to folks here and had make a wish get us a wheel chair even though we do not use one at home. it made the trip so much easier and at times it would not have been possible to go on without it. dont under estimate how tiring it is to be there. the sensory overload alone is tremendous.

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 11-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #2456
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

Tomorrow the wish granters come over to talk to us about Prescott's wish! I found out today that the doctor that signed off on Prescotts medical form used to be a wish granter. i thought that was cool. So excited!!!

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #2457
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
Tomorrow the wish granters come over to talk to us about Prescott's wish! I found out today that the doctor that signed off on Prescotts medical form used to be a wish granter. i thought that was cool. So excited!!!
Yay!

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #2458
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Love the shirt...

I would take my own stroller because its what he is used to, and you know you will have it every step of the way in case you need it.

------

I finally got two boxes packed and ready to ship out in the morning to GKTW. It is so nice to have that part done. Seems like there is so much to do. I think because this is also a very busy time with my daughters' medical, its just a lot. Also, my daughter just came down ill, so its a little stressful as I just want her to be 100% for her trip so she will enjoy it thoroughly. Thankfully, she got sick now and not next week, so she has some time to get better and recover.

Hope everyone else is getting ready for their trips in what ever stage they are in!

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #2459
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
Love the shirt...

I would take my own stroller because its what he is used to, and you know you will have it every step of the way in case you need it.

------

I finally got two boxes packed and ready to ship out in the morning to GKTW. It is so nice to have that part done. Seems like there is so much to do. I think because this is also a very busy time with my daughters' medical, its just a lot. Also, my daughter just came down ill, so its a little stressful as I just want her to be 100% for her trip so she will enjoy it thoroughly. Thankfully, she got sick now and not next week, so she has some time to get better and recover.

Hope everyone else is getting ready for their trips in what ever stage they are in!

so sorry she is sick, but much better now than in Florida! Hopefully she can rest and be ready to roll.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #2460
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post

So exciting! I know it was so hard to wait for them to get there!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: