Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #2416
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
YAY!!! I'm so happy for you all. I bet she is really excited!
She is really excited. She's old enough to plan & research herself, and did a lot of that all summer - so she actually knows more about DCL than I do at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Jen and my daughter, Victoria, was just granted a wish trip! I am overwhelmed with all the information on here and not sure I will be able to figure out how to even jump in but I did want to thank everyone for all the participation here that gives us newbies so much good information. My personal goal is to not become addicted to this site!
Jen So happy that Victoria gets her wish. It's a big forum, filled with info, but there are so many wonderful people who can help you navigate through it. Good luck with that goal - I found myself visiting certain sections daily, even when we didn't have trips planned.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #2417
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Wow - I've missed a lot! But I'm back now. And THRILLED to report that Matthew does NOT have leukemia like his transplant docs had previously thought. We are working with getting him better and his counts up. His energy is returning a little more every day, and I am grateful to have him up and running again.
Just wanted to extend a warm welcome to all the newbies out there! Let's go those PTR reports started up so we can do some reading! Congrats on all those that have met their wish granters recently. It's a great feeling. And I'm so excited to get back on the board and get back in the swing of things again. It will take me a few days to catch up on all the reports, but I will. I promise! I look forward to the evenings of looking at pictures, reading plans and just being excited for all.
tootles for now!

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #2418
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

So happy that Matthew doesn't have leukemia. Off to read your PTR

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #2419
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
So happy that Matthew doesn't have leukemia. Off to read your PTR
Thank you!! I can't wait to read about meeting the wish granters! So excited for your family!

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23
Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #2420
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Jen and my daughter, Victoria, was just granted a wish trip! I am overwhelmed with all the information on here and not sure I will be able to figure out how to even jump in but I did want to thank everyone for all the participation here that gives us newbies so much good information. My personal goal is to not become addicted to this site!
Yay for Victoria! I bet she is excited. Any idea what her wish will be? And this site is really easy to become addicted to. I've been reading posts for about a year but since our wish trip is coming up soon I'm on here almost daily now.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 11-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #2421
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post
Wow - I've missed a lot! But I'm back now. And THRILLED to report that Matthew does NOT have leukemia like his transplant docs had previously thought. We are working with getting him better and his counts up. His energy is returning a little more every day, and I am grateful to have him up and running again.
Just wanted to extend a warm welcome to all the newbies out there! Let's go those PTR reports started up so we can do some reading! Congrats on all those that have met their wish granters recently. It's a great feeling. And I'm so excited to get back on the board and get back in the swing of things again. It will take me a few days to catch up on all the reports, but I will. I promise! I look forward to the evenings of looking at pictures, reading plans and just being excited for all.
tootles for now!
What a blessing and WONDERFUL news!!! Trying to update Carter's PTR, but not too much to report until we hear back from his wish granters!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #2422
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
MAW called today to confirm that Angel qualifies for a Wish. Said that her wish granters should contact us in a couple of weeks to set up a meeting date.
Great news!! Now the fun begins! I am a huge planner and waiting is not my strong point!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #2423
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
Great news!! Now the fun begins! I am a huge planner and waiting is not my strong point!

I agree with being a planner lol I am trying so hard to plan and organize as much as i can with as much info as i have lol hopefully i have the final info by wednesday tho! Woohooo!

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #2424
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
I agree with being a planner lol I am trying so hard to plan and organize as much as i can with as much info as i have lol hopefully i have the final info by wednesday tho! Woohooo!
I know, I go way over board with planning for vacations. I even have seperate envelopes for each day with note cards and a schedule! I research everything and find deals and tips. It is sooooo hard not to know! You can always organize and plan your packing! At least you know what you need to take!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #2425
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
Who all is in there besides Belle and Ariel? I am so unfamiliar with all the characters. I need to learn them! Speaking of which, is there a list of characters online somewhere that will name who all are in the parks there?

Thank you!
there is a new beasts castle which is a restraunt. we saw Gaston by there.
there is the new little mermaid ride which is very good if you are a fan and Ariels grotto where you can chat with ariel in private.

its the belle visit that is unique- and yet not an autograph kind of visit. you see her fathers workshop and go thru a magic mirror. then a cast member picks people to play part of the story of when beast and belle fell in love. the costumes are cardboard or plastic props to hold. they help you act out the story with belle. the take photos during and on exit with each actor with belle and you get a special photo pass card with all the photos. you can add it to your free photo pass at home so no worries. you can also take photos.

more and more of the charachters are inside so you really do need to consult a guide book or times guide to find them.

we barely got home and Molly was in the hospital but she is better now.

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #2426
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What a blessing and WONDERFUL news!!! Trying to update Carter's PTR, but not too much to report until we hear back from his wish granters!
Thank you! Can't wait to check out Carter's PTR! It's so hard to hurry up to wait isn't it!!

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #2427
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
there is a new beasts castle which is a restraunt. we saw Gaston by there.
there is the new little mermaid ride which is very good if you are a fan and Ariels grotto where you can chat with ariel in private.

its the belle visit that is unique- and yet not an autograph kind of visit. you see her fathers workshop and go thru a magic mirror. then a cast member picks people to play part of the story of when beast and belle fell in love. the costumes are cardboard or plastic props to hold. they help you act out the story with belle. the take photos during and on exit with each actor with belle and you get a special photo pass card with all the photos. you can add it to your free photo pass at home so no worries. you can also take photos.

more and more of the charachters are inside so you really do need to consult a guide book or times guide to find them.

e barely got home and Molly was in the hospital but she is better now.
Thank you so much for the info. Sounds wonderful!

So sorry Molly was in the hospital, but that is great she is better now. My fear of that happening.

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #2428
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know, I go way over board with planning for vacations. I even have seperate envelopes for each day with note cards and a schedule! I research everything and find deals and tips. It is sooooo hard not to know! You can always organize and plan your packing! At least you know what you need to take!

i have been trying so hard to figure out schedules and what not and my mom (who is coming with us) said "wing it and let the memories happen" ... we totally clash when it comes to planning and its where we fight most often lol

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #2429
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
i have been trying so hard to figure out schedules and what not and my mom (who is coming with us) said "wing it and let the memories happen" ... we totally clash when it comes to planning and its where we fight most often lol
Even though my daughter loves my mom, I decided that it was best for my daughter if it was just her and I. That way I could focus completely on her and not worry about my mom and pleasing her. I wouldn't feel relaxed if she came, especially for a week. I do feel bad about my decision, but I know its the best decision. Plus my mom complained about having to fly to Orlando and lug all of my daughters' stuff when I mentioned Orlando was an option, so that made my decision easier, but still.

I really want to plan everything or at least have a list so my daughter doesn't miss anything at all. I am trying to treat this as a once in a lifetime trip, but am getting no where with the planning. LOL! Not knowing everything makes it really tough to.

Good luck!! Hope you all have a WONDERFUL time!!

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #2430
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Yay for no lukemia! We went through a brain tumor care (one of many medical debacles that I try not to think about!) It was definately one of the lowest points in our journey.

We had the meeting with the wish granters and heard back that she got her wish for Disney World. Waiting to hear on dates but shooting for January because she really can't handle heat. I am kind of kicking myself because my kids both really want to stay at GKTW and we didn't make it part of our wish so I am worried they will put us up somewhere different which will be a letdown for both my kids I think.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: