Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #2386
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
the website said its open
New Fantasyland is not open yet. They are currently having annual pass and D23 previews. It was also open during some nights of the Halloween party. I think the "official" open date is December.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #2387
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
thanks KaylaM, what days are yous at GKTW?
We are there Nov 18-24...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #2388
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

I made this announcement for my daughters' MAW trip to share w family and friends...

Here she is on Halloween dressed in her non-disney character :

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by KaylaM; 11-03-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #2389
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
If you go to post #2 it has instructions on posting pictures. She does a great job of explaining
THANK YOU!!

Lots of good info there.. Didn't realize all that was there..
Old 11-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #2390
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
I made this announcement for my daughters' MAW trip to share w family and friends...

[IMG][/IMG]

Here she is on Halloween dressed in her non-disney character :

[IMG][/IMG]
You invitation is so cool, how did you do it? I love the Sponge Bob, my boys are both huge fans! Great job
Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #2391
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You invitation is so cool, how did you do it? I love the Sponge Bob, my boys are both huge fans! Great job
I first took the photo of my daughter in a lounge chair with white sheet behind her over chair. Then I extracted her out of the photo and put her on a white blank page in photoshop. I added the mickey mouse gang to the page, added the purple clouds, then I cloned in the upper mickey mouse and red background (it was one photo). Then I added the hearts and texts. It took a few days as I have only done a few over the years, but I always have to find tutorials on how to do it.

Thank you!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #2392
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
opps.. I just realized I put up the wrong announcement photo...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #2393
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

DelanaAndKyra - Princess Kyra is adorable.

NDMOM - Glad your family had a wonderful time on her Make A Wish trip to Hawaii. It's fantastic that your daughter wants to give back & help other kids - I hope you have the opportunity to do so.

KaylaM - Great job on the invitation, and your daughter's costume is cute

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #2394
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
DelanaAndKyra - Princess Kyra is adorable.
thanks!!

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #2395
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I first took the photo of my daughter in a lounge chair with white sheet behind her over chair. Then I extracted her out of the photo and put her on a white blank page in photoshop. I added the mickey mouse gang to the page, added the purple clouds, then I cloned in the upper mickey mouse and red background (it was one photo). Then I added the hearts and texts. It took a few days as I have only done a few over the years, but I always have to find tutorials on how to do it.

Thank you!!!
The announcements look amazing! I have photoshop myself but probably couldn't ever figure that out lol.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #2396
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have been working on a packing list for us. Anyone know of any good spots to find a check list that we can get some ideas from?
Kyra is adorable! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! GKTW looks amazing. We will be on a disney cruise in Jan for my son's wish. So a few places I keep my eye on besides the disboards are allears.net and the mom's panel on the disney world site. Both will give you a ton of info on trips to Disney like packing info, food in the parks, updates on the expansion etc. I hope this helps!

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #2397
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Ok.. Here is the correct photo for the announcement. The one I uploaded before was one of the ones "in the works", and I couldn't get photobucket to work right last night, but was successful this morning.

Thank you all for your kind comments that you made on the previous one.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #2398
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
I've just started working on our pre trip report for our Make a Wish disney cruise in Jan. It took me a while but I finally made it through my son's story...pics to come soon!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014787
Can't wait to read it!!

Quote:
We are sooooooo excited! We found out today we wont be travelling in May, they bumped Kyras wish and we are now leaving about 3 weeks!
Beyond exciting - so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmarielincoln View Post
Hello all! I am new to these boards and have got to say the amount of resources you have available is above and beyond amazing. Being someone who is OBSESSED with planning ahead I appreciate all of the hard work you all have put into this. <3
My daughter, Aly, is 3 years old and has a severe congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Our sweet girl has had 4 open heart surgeries but is doing great! We just recently got the letter that her wish to go to Disney World has been granted by Make A Wish! (I was really sweatin' her back up wish- a toy shopping spree at the dollar store- lol). We are still waiting on a date but I am so excited and wanted to get a jumpstart on planning. I will probably be spending every spare moment this weekend reading about all these others trips! Thank you all so much for sharing your stories!
Anyways, I don't have any questions yet but I just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Jenny
Welcome, I'm a heart mom too. My daughter's chd belongs in the HLHS family as well. After all you've been through, it's nice to have dates in the future to think about....that have nothing to do with scary stuff, and all to do with exciting and happy stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
Our trip is so close!! Woohoo!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any advise, I realize the new fantasyland isn't open yet but I see so much of people going in. Do you think they will let MAW families in to see it? Just wondering????
Ooooh - so exciting reading how so many trips are getting close!

Quote:

Thank you!!!
Love your idea, and love the invites. She's so sweet!
Quote:
Ok.. Here is the correct photo for the announcement. The one I uploaded before was one of the ones "in the works", and I couldn't get photobucket to work right last night, but was successful this morning.

Thank you all for your kind comments that you made on the previous one.

We're now down to Day 40 on our countdown...or perhaps 39, if we leave a day early due to flight issues, but I haven't told Chatterbox otherwise yet. I'll post pictures momentarily in our PTR showing the girls with their wish link gifts. Chatterbox is so excited.

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #2399
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #2400
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

how do you make a countdown? i been looking or two days trying to find out

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749