Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 03:10 AM   #226
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
It has recently been announced by GKTW that there has been a change in the weekly entertainment schedule. Every Monday night, GKTW will be hosting a Halloween Party. It is a lot of fun and families can wear costumes if you want to. There will be trick or treat as well as tons of activities. Just thought that I would share. So, Monday night, no more double dare and Kids Night Out. But the Halloween party.
That is AWESOME news!!!! It was so much fun, just like the Christmas party! I was hoping they would continue that change! We had a BLAST!

(Did you like your pictures?)
Old 11-05-2011, 03:15 AM   #227
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post

If you can spare a prayer.. Please Pray that Kylee can stay out of the hospital. We just got home from a 12 day stay and she had a KUB(xray) yesterday and it is horrible again. Lots of stool and air with a large colon. I just can't go back so soon. Thank you.

I will be continuing praying for Lisa and family. I know she will be in good hands in Philly. Love and hugs
Kris (mom2mitokids) has two daughters who are prior Wish Children. She posted this on our TR and I wanted to post it here where more people would see it. They need continued prayers and so do we please. Thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #228
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

(Did you like your pictures?)
Yep, Thanks so much
Old 11-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #229
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
That is AWESOME news!!!! It was so much fun, just like the Christmas party! I was hoping they would continue that change! We had a BLAST!
Oh.. I am so excited!!!! My kids are going to love the Halloween party too!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #230
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

We have a couple that wanted to join us for a couple of days on our wish trip. Do you know if they would be able to stay in our villa with us at GKTW? They would pay for their own food and it would only be for 2 nights. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a possibility.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #231
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmom View Post
We have a couple that wanted to join us for a couple of days on our wish trip. Do you know if they would be able to stay in our villa with us at GKTW? They would pay for their own food and it would only be for 2 nights. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a possibility.
Not sure if that is a possibility or not. If I remember I will ask the front desk about it tomorrow when I'm in the Village. But I do know that their 1st meal is free then it is $5 per meal per person.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #232
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmom View Post
We have a couple that wanted to join us for a couple of days on our wish trip. Do you know if they would be able to stay in our villa with us at GKTW?
Ok, I asked the Village about this tonight and they said that the only way they would be allowed to stay in the villa is if they get added to the wish. So you would have to call and ask your wish-granting organization. If they are added to the wish, then their food would be paid for. However, if they stay off-site, then they can still visit, but they would be expected to leave by 11:30 and their food costs would be $5 per meal per person.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #233
kimmg
Mouseketeer

Any previous wish trippers have any opinions about visiting US/IOA and SW? DS seems much more excited about SW and IOA than US. We thought about combining US/IOA in one day, do you think that's doable? Or would another strategy work better.

Our tentative schedule so far is:
Arrive Monday evening
Tuesday: Disney Park
Wed: Disney Park
Thursday: Sea World, then back for Winter Wonderland at GKTW
Friday: US/IOA
Sat: Disney Park
Sun: Check out/spend day at GKTW/return/get new rental car and check-in to resort

Also, any thoughts on which Disney parks to do on which day? I think we want to go to AK and DHS for sure the first week and are debating between MK and Epcot to save for the second week. We're super familiar with DL and MK is so similar-we're leaning towards Epcot but maybe that's a mistake because the kids will probably love it.

We're also going to be getting a rental car for the second week. Does anyone know if there's a way to just extend the rental instead of returning to the airport?

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
DLR I lost track some where along the way but many, many trips since birth
Old 11-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #234
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Ok, I asked the Village about this tonight and they said that the only way they would be allowed to stay in the villa is if they get added to the wish. So you would have to call and ask your wish-granting organization. If they are added to the wish, then their food would be paid for. However, if they stay off-site, then they can still visit, but they would be expected to leave by 11:30 and their food costs would be $5 per meal per person.
Thank you so much for finding this out for me! It will help us to better plan now. I still think it's cool that visitors can get one meal free and honestly, $5 for a meal isn't bad considering the cost everywhere else!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #235
starienite
Mouseketeer

Semidates!
We know we are going sometime in the first half of February. Our grantor called us after my email to her and told us that Devon has been officially approved and if there were specific dates in February that we would like as it was our first choice. So I just need to verify with my dh if he has a preference and then we can get our official dates.

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #236
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmg View Post
Any previous wish trippers have any opinions about visiting US/IOA and SW? DS seems much more excited about SW and IOA than US. We thought about combining US/IOA in one day, do you think that's doable? Or would another strategy work better.

Our tentative schedule so far is:
Arrive Monday evening
Tuesday: Disney Park
Wed: Disney Park
Thursday: Sea World, then back for Winter Wonderland at GKTW
Friday: US/IOA
Sat: Disney Park
Sun: Check out/spend day at GKTW/return/get new rental car and check-in to resort

Also, any thoughts on which Disney parks to do on which day? I think we want to go to AK and DHS for sure the first week and are debating between MK and Epcot to save for the second week. We're super familiar with DL and MK is so similar-we're leaning towards Epcot but maybe that's a mistake because the kids will probably love it.

We're also going to be getting a rental car for the second week. Does anyone know if there's a way to just extend the rental instead of returning to the airport?
Your itinerary looks good. Our kids are not at all interested in Sea World, so we planned two days at Universal/IOA. I think DHS and AK can both be done in one day by reading other TR's. We are doing a 1/2 day at AK and doing the Christmas Party at the village that evening. Hollywood Studios, we are doing during our extended stay, but we are going early afternoon for a big lunch and staying late for the Osbourne Light show and Fantasmic.

Have you thought about MVMCP?? We are skipping this only because we had to buy an extra 2 day park tickets for our extended stay to get the Free Dining package. We have Magic Mickey hours one night until 11pm. Otherwise.. we would totally do the Christmas Party! That will give you entrance at 4pm until late and you can use the other ticket for Epcot.

Just some ideas.

I talked to our MAW Manager today about the rental car.. we have the same issue. He said our car is through National and so I booked our extended stay through them. I'm hoping they will just take our credit card and extend the car for the five days without us having to return it for a new car.

Things are coming together!! FOUR weeks!! Eeek.. Can't wait to see you guys at GKTW!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #237
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

MORE Big Give action on our PTR!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #238
starienite
Mouseketeer

So it looks like instead of the first half of February it will be the second half. Daniel has a work thing we can't get around. So I called our grantor Alison back and gave her the news as well as let her know that our second choice of January was out the window. She is going to let us know soon if our dates in Feb have been approved.

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #239
kimmg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensheart View Post
Your itinerary looks good. Our kids are not at all interested in Sea World, so we planned two days at Universal/IOA. I think DHS and AK can both be done in one day by reading other TR's. We are doing a 1/2 day at AK and doing the Christmas Party at the village that evening. Hollywood Studios, we are doing during our extended stay, but we are going early afternoon for a big lunch and staying late for the Osbourne Light show and Fantasmic.

Have you thought about MVMCP?? We are skipping this only because we had to buy an extra 2 day park tickets for our extended stay to get the Free Dining package. We have Magic Mickey hours one night until 11pm. Otherwise.. we would totally do the Christmas Party! That will give you entrance at 4pm until late and you can use the other ticket for Epcot.

Just some ideas.

I talked to our MAW Manager today about the rental car.. we have the same issue. He said our car is through National and so I booked our extended stay through them. I'm hoping they will just take our credit card and extend the car for the five days without us having to return it for a new car.

Things are coming together!! FOUR weeks!! Eeek.. Can't wait to see you guys at GKTW!
Thanks for all the ideas. My kids are animal/ocean nuts so I think we have to do SW for sure. I think there's only a couple things Evan wants to do at US and a few things at IOA. Keira is just happy is she has a Caurosel to go on.

We have thought about MVMCP and it looks like it will be in the cards. We really want to see the Osbourne light show so we'll have to plan a late night for that.

Our car is through Avis so I'll do some rates research but it looks likely at least DH will have to do an airport switchout. Oh well, it shouldn't be too bad. One day closer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensheart View Post
MORE Big Give action on our PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starienite View Post
So it looks like instead of the first half of February it will be the second half. Daniel has a work thing we can't get around. So I called our grantor Alison back and gave her the news as well as let her know that our second choice of January was out the window. She is going to let us know soon if our dates in Feb have been approved.
I hope they get approved and you hear back soon. We went the end of January/early Feb. and it was awesome and not too crowded. That should be a great time!

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
DLR I lost track some where along the way but many, many trips since birth
Old 11-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #240
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

We got our flight info yesterday - yay! And, I just purchased our MVMCP tickets and finished making ADR's. Check out our pre-trip report to see my tentative itinerary!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: