Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #2356
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Hi,
I posted a few questions on my PTR, should I post them here too? I would like some feedback from some GKTW Alumni, wondering whether some tentative plans are worth it and if we'll still have time for GKTW evenings without being utterly exhausted!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #2357
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
Hi,
I posted a few questions on my PTR, should I post them here too? I would like some feedback from some GKTW Alumni, wondering whether some tentative plans are worth it and if we'll still have time for GKTW evenings without being utterly exhausted!
Absolutely, you can post those questions here as well!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #2358
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

I've finally finished all of Shawn-Brooklyn's story and posted some pics too! Now for the fun part...planning our trip!

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 10-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #2359
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Copy and Pasted from my PTR:

So I have a few questions;

Aquatica: should we be planning on that or wait and see. I read a post saying they were freezing the whole time and I think it was a Nov/Dec time that they were there. We'll be there the first week of Dec.

Also, Gaylord Palms ICE: Has anyone been there and do you think it is worth it. We live in MT so we are used to 9 degrees so that shouldn't be a problem.

What 2 could we do in the same day:
Sea World (wish)
LegoLand
Busch Gardens
Aquatica (if we decide to do this)

Or are all of those all-day parks? We aren't needing to consolidate but we also don't want to be disappointed that we planned for a whole day but didn't need to.

We are planning to spend most evenings at GKTW to get as much as we can out of it.
THANKS!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #2360
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Trip bump!

We are sooooooo excited! We found out today we wont be travelling in May, they bumped Kyras wish and we are now leaving about 3 weeks!

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #2361
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
We are sooooooo excited! We found out today we wont be travelling in May, they bumped Kyras wish and we are now leaving about 3 weeks!
How exciting

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #2362
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wow!! That is awesome! I can't wait to hear all about your magical trip!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 11-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #2363
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

weather?

we are all very excited about the trip! Its coming so fast an i have 101 things on mind to ask and do lol First tho....Nov 24th-December first....hows the weather? what do i need to pack?

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #2364
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

A Surprise

I posted this on my PTR but wanted to post here too. I recieved an email today stating that Sea World has set up a dolphin meet and greet for Elsa!!!! She is going to be SO excited! Her wish of "seeing a big fish" will come true a month from tomorrow at SW!
So excited!!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #2365
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6
I posted this on my PTR but wanted to post here too. I recieved an email today stating that Sea World has set up a dolphin meet and greet for Elsa!!!! She is going to be SO excited! Her wish of "seeing a big fish" will come true a month from tomorrow at SW!
So excited!!
That is awesome!!!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #2366
jenmarielincoln
Earning My Ears

New here :)

Hello all! I am new to these boards and have got to say the amount of resources you have available is above and beyond amazing. Being someone who is OBSESSED with planning ahead I appreciate all of the hard work you all have put into this. <3
My daughter, Aly, is 3 years old and has a severe congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Our sweet girl has had 4 open heart surgeries but is doing great! We just recently got the letter that her wish to go to Disney World has been granted by Make A Wish! (I was really sweatin' her back up wish- a toy shopping spree at the dollar store- lol). We are still waiting on a date but I am so excited and wanted to get a jumpstart on planning. I will probably be spending every spare moment this weekend reading about all these others trips! Thank you all so much for sharing your stories!
Anyways, I don't have any questions yet but I just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Jenny
Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #2367
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First tho....Nov 24th-December first....hows the weather? what do i need to pack?
We've gone a few times later in Dec., and the weather can be just about anything - one week we had an overnight low of 35 one day (it was warmer back home in IL), and then a high of 80 just a few days later.

Quote:
Sea World has set up a dolphin meet and greet for Elsa!!!! She is going to be SO excited! Her wish of "seeing a big fish" will come true a month from tomorrow at SW!
So excited!!
So happy for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmarielincoln View Post
My daughter, Aly, is 3 years old and has a severe congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Our sweet girl has had 4 open heart surgeries but is doing great! We just recently got the letter that her wish to go to Disney World has been granted by Make A Wish! (I was really sweatin' her back up wish- a toy shopping spree at the dollar store- lol). We are still waiting on a date but I am so excited and wanted to get a jumpstart on planning.
Jenny I'm also one who likes to plan ahead, and these boards have been invaluable in our trip planning. So sorry Aly, and your family, has been through so much. So happy that her wish is being granted. Her back up wish made me smile.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #2368
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So excited!!
That is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmarielincoln View Post
Hello all! I am new to these boards and have got to say the amount of resources you have available is above and beyond amazing. Being someone who is OBSESSED with planning ahead I appreciate all of the hard work you all have put into this. <3
My daughter, Aly, is 3 years old and has a severe congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Our sweet girl has had 4 open heart surgeries but is doing great! We just recently got the letter that her wish to go to Disney World has been granted by Make A Wish! (I was really sweatin' her back up wish- a toy shopping spree at the dollar store- lol). We are still waiting on a date but I am so excited and wanted to get a jumpstart on planning. I will probably be spending every spare moment this weekend reading about all these others trips! Thank you all so much for sharing your stories!
Anyways, I don't have any questions yet but I just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Jenny
I am so glad sweet Aly gets her wish!! I am a heart momma too to a 7 year old. I can't wait to hear all about the planning! We are going sometime in May/June during Star Wars Weekend.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 11-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #2369
Emmaswishtrip
Earning My Ears

Our trip is so close!! Woohoo!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any advise, I realize the new fantasyland isn't open yet but I see so much of people going in. Do you think they will let MAW families in to see it? Just wondering????

Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #2370
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
Our trip is so close!! Woohoo!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any advise, I realize the new fantasyland isn't open yet but I see so much of people going in. Do you think they will let MAW families in to see it? Just wondering????
I would like to know as well. We will be there in a few weeks. Where is Fantasyland at? I'm guessing inside DisneyWorld?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: