Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #2191
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavandGraciesMommy View Post
Also, so everyone keeps saying to bring ponchos and umbrellas... Does it rain everyday still in October? I know they said the rainy season runs through September but it looks like rain all this week. We are planning to bring ponchos but wondered for how long does it rain and how bad? Thanks again everyone
I was going to go buy some before we left to have just in case - but my sister is letting me borrow her Disney ones (they go often) she has 4, so if it rains we will only have to buy one. I am guessing that some pop up thunderstorms or showers could still happen so I would want to have them just in case.

Wish Trip October 20-26th!!!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #2192
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post
I know I've been MIA for a while now - we have been having some health issues with Matthew. They are testing for leukemia and just this weekend he's been complaining of tummy pain/tenderness. He's on a feeding tube, and it was pulled out while he was playing with his brother last week. His white count is very low and he is neutropenic at the moment also - so I thought maybe his inner stomach lining was irritated and it would just take time to heal. Well, now he is bleeding (no granulation tissue though) and started running a 102 fever tonight. I'm calling GI in the morning. It's just been crazy! But I promise I'm not gone... well, maybe mentally. But I'll be back - just haven't had to time to get on as much with my baby under the weather.
I am so sorry to hear this - praying for your sweet boy. What did the GI say?

Wish Trip October 20-26th!!!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #2193
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtokcc View Post
I was going to go buy some before we left to have just in case - but my sister is letting me borrow her Disney ones (they go often) she has 4, so if it rains we will only have to buy one. I am guessing that some pop up thunderstorms or showers could still happen so I would want to have them just in case.
I think it rains all year around there. I have been in October, February, May and we had rain at least half the time we were there. It would rain for a few hours then stop for a while before it started again. It was never a cold rain, so it wasn't bad, just annoying. I hope it doesn't rain for your trip as I am hoping the same for our trip.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #2194
Mama2Josh
Earning My Ears

I have just a few questions that I can't find the answers to.

1) Does anyone know if -During Halloween Week - is the Halloween party at GKTW still held on Monday, like the website schedule says, or do they actually have it on Halloween (which is Wed this year)?

2) Our DD outgrew her swimsuit this year, and there are NO swimsuits for sale in Oregon at this time of year. Do you think we'll be able to pick one up at the Walmart by GKTW?

3) Any tips on visiting Legoland while we're there? It was Josh's 3rd wish (after WWHP and WDW) and we're going to try to squeeze it in if we can.

4) Has anyone made the trip to the beach while there? We're thinking of also attempting that, as Eric and the kids have never seen the Atlantic Ocean.

We are all getting super excited. I let the kids watch the Disney planning video so they would have a better idea of what to expect there, and they were just in awe. Even Eric, who never gets outwardly excited, is starting to show signs of life! lol

Joshua's Wish Pre-Trip Report

Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #2195
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Josh View Post

1) Does anyone know if -During Halloween Week - is the Halloween party at GKTW still held on Monday, like the website schedule says, or do they actually have it on Halloween (which is Wed this year)?

2) Our DD outgrew her swimsuit this year, and there are NO swimsuits for sale in Oregon at this time of year. Do you think we'll be able to pick one up at the Walmart by GKTW?

3) Any tips on visiting Legoland while we're there? It was Josh's 3rd wish (after WWHP and WDW) and we're going to try to squeeze it in if we can.

4) Has anyone made the trip to the beach while there? We're thinking of also attempting that, as Eric and the kids have never seen the Atlantic Ocean.

We are all getting super excited. I let the kids watch the Disney planning video so they would have a better idea of what to expect there, and they were just in awe. Even Eric, who never gets outwardly excited, is starting to show signs of life! lol
What a great idea - the beach? I will have to consider that after some research.

What size does your daughter wear for swimsuit? My daughter has a lot, and was never able to wear a few of them because of how they fit her. She has several 10-12's, and we would be happy to give you one of them that she has never worn.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #2196
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The Halloween party at GKTW will be Wednesday during the week of Halloween.

I would imagine that you would be able to pick up a bathing suit here in Orlando.

I don't have any tips for Legoland, but I know that GKTW has tickets available for it. As for the beach, you will be about 1-2 hours from the beach depends on which way you go. About an hour to the Atlantic and 2 hours to the Gulf.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #2197
Mama2Josh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
What a great idea - the beach? I will have to consider that after some research.

What size does your daughter wear for swimsuit? My daughter has a lot, and was never able to wear a few of them because of how they fit her. She has several 10-12's, and we would be happy to give you one of them that she has never worn.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
If you have a swimsuit to spare, that would be amazing!!! She wears a 10-12, so that would be perfect!
Feel free to PM me and we can work something out!
Thanks!
Tara

Joshua's Wish Pre-Trip Report

Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #2198
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you have a swimsuit to spare, that would be amazing!!! She wears a 10-12, so that would be perfect!
Feel free to PM me and we can work something out!
Thanks!
Tara
How sweet!! I love how our families help out one another !

Has anyone done the Chip and Dale campfire? I'd never heard of it til I saw someone mention it elsewhere on this board. They didn't elaborate so I'm about to go do some searching. DS has been having us have pretend campfires for the past 2 weeks and I'd love to take him to a real one if possible!

Oh- I updated about our heart buddy, David, on DS's PTR. Just wanted to let those of you who have been following his story. Don't count the days. Make every day count.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!

Last edited by aym4Him; 10-03-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added info about David
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #2199
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

Having a fretful worry day today. M had a bad episode of pain last night and I am sure that set me off. dont know how I am going to manage that at the parks.

money- do I have enough?
weather and rain
leaving my mom alone for a week
staying well till we leave.
if I am in good enough shape to pull this off

just fretting....

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #2200
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
Having a fretful worry day today. M had a bad episode of pain last night and I am sure that set me off. dont know how I am going to manage that at the parks.

money- do I have enough?
weather and rain

just fretting....

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #2201
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post

money- do I have enough?
weather and rain

just fretting....
I am so sorry to hear that. I know how it is to worry about a few of those things, especially keeping your child well to go. I am already so worried about that. You will be just fine and able to do it. Once you get on your way, you will be so grateful you are doing this for your child and have an amazing time. I always say, think positive and everything will be fine! I know, much harder to say than to do.

Do you have a friend of someone that can just check in on your mom from time to time while your gone? She is though just a phone call away too, but I am sure it would be nice to just not have to worry about her as you need this break too!

Hang in there!! Start making plans, looking into things to do, look at photos of other kids there to cheer you up knowing you are taking your child there and he will love it! That is what I am trying to do to overcome the worries.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #2202
Abcam
Earning My Ears

How to get equipment to GKTW..our DME is a local company so they say they can rent us a portable concentrator, but we only need oxygen at night and rather not have to worry about on the plane. I've read posts where they say GKTW is setting up the oxygen. Can anyone give me more info on this? What about bath chairs - my DD can't sit by herself and will need a bath chair...does GKTW have these, can you rent them? Also, will MAW cover the shipping cost to get other medical equipment to GKTW?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #2203
Emmaswishtrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcam View Post
How to get equipment to GKTW..our DME is a local company so they say they can rent us a portable concentrator, but we only need oxygen at night and rather not have to worry about on the plane. I've read posts where they say GKTW is setting up the oxygen. Can anyone give me more info on this? What about bath chairs - my DD can't sit by herself and will need a bath chair...does GKTW have these, can you rent them? Also, will MAW cover the shipping cost to get other medical equipment to GKTW?
Our DME is letting us borrow a portable O2 for the airplane and daytime use. We only use O2 while sleeping. Otherwise MAW is getting scripts and working with a DME to have everything else delivered that we are not traveling with. I'm shipping an extra box of supplies down before we arrive just in case. We are paying for this shipment from our spending money.

Try to contact your MAW chapter and give a list of equipment needed. They should be used to all these requests!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #2204
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Don't remember who asked and don't have the time right now to look. But for those that are staying at GKTW. If you have visitors that would like to join you for a meal, they can buy a meal coupon at the Front Desk for $5 a person. But got to finish packing for a small vacation to NC, just wanted to post the answer before I forget. I will be visiting one of my Wish Family friends for five days.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #2205
sarsop524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Don't remember who asked and don't have the time right now to look. But for those that are staying at GKTW. If you have visitors that would like to join you for a meal, they can buy a meal coupon at the Front Desk for $5 a person. But got to finish packing for a small vacation to NC, just wanted to post the answer before I forget. I will be visiting one of my Wish Family friends for five days.
Thank you for checking!!! I appreciate it. I looked through the guide for GKTW, but couldn't find the answer! Enjoy your vacation!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....sarahs+maw+ptr

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: