Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #196
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I wanted to say WELCOME to all of the New Wishtrippers and to those waiting on trips and dates...savor each moment, it will go by much too quickly. We have been home a week and it feels like a year.

One short week from today, Lisa will be admitted to the hospital ten hours from our home to wean off of her coumadin and on to heparin so that she can have a cardiac cath on November 9. If you pray, I ask you to keep her and the entire family in your prayers please.

For newdrama...I have a great photo of you, may I post it?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #197
kimmg
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's happening. The hospital's final word was that they were going to refuse to sign off on the wish. We've been going back and forth with MAW and they said their hands were tied so we asked if we could have his local Doctor sign off and MAW said yes so we're working on that right now. We have messages left so hopefully someone will get in contact with us today or tomorrow. If that falls through my DH just got a job 5 hours north of us so we could push a move up and transfer to another hospital there and have to switch wish chapters. MAW confirmed that he will not be losing his wish like the social worker was trying to tell us and that things should just transfer easily if needed. I'm hoping all these problems won't change our dates too much. Thank you for all the support!

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
DLR I lost track some where along the way but many, many trips since birth
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #198
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

A few questions:

1. How is travel between the different Disney parks done? Do you have to drive and park at each one, or can you park at one and then use monorail or bus to the other parks?

2. About how far is DTD from the parks? Is there transportation between DTD and the parks?

3. Are the Wish lounges at MK and EPCOT open the whole time the park is open or are they only open certain hours?

4. If we buy tickets to MVMCP, to we have to use one of our MK days as well, or is that a separate event?

5. Are we allowed to bring guests into GKTW to see it? We have friends flying in for part of the trip and wanted to show GKTW to them.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #199
bryan4872
Earning My Ears

Smile Mikey's Make a wish trip

Leaving for Orlando November 11 and Mikey's Make a wish starts on Nov 13th at GKTW. Any other family going to be at GKTW during this time. Also are there any exciting events going on at disney or universal nov 14-18th
Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #200
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmg View Post
Just wanted to give a quick update on what's happening. The hospital's final word was that they were going to refuse to sign off on the wish. We've been going back and forth with MAW and they said their hands were tied so we asked if we could have his local Doctor sign off and MAW said yes so we're working on that right now. We have messages left so hopefully someone will get in contact with us today or tomorrow. If that falls through my DH just got a job 5 hours north of us so we could push a move up and transfer to another hospital there and have to switch wish chapters. MAW confirmed that he will not be losing his wish like the social worker was trying to tell us and that things should just transfer easily if needed. I'm hoping all these problems won't change our dates too much. Thank you for all the support!
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time with this. Ugh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your local Doc will sign off on the trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmom View Post
A few questions:

1. How is travel between the different Disney parks done? Do you have to drive and park at each one, or can you park at one and then use monorail or bus to the other parks?

I have the same question?! I know Animal Kingdom you just park and walk in. I think Magic Kingdom is more complicated.. like park and take a tram and then the monorail. Curious to know too!!

2. About how far is DTD from the parks? Is there transportation between DTD and the parks?

Another great question that I have been wanting to ask.

3. Are the Wish lounges at MK and EPCOT open the whole time the park is open or are they only open certain hours?

I was hoping they were open the entire time that the park is!

4. If we buy tickets to MVMCP, to we have to use one of our MK days as well, or is that a separate event?

I know this one!! MVMCP is totally seperate. No MK tickets need to be purchased for the day.. you just buy the MVMCP tickets for admission. Also.. I think they say 7pm on the tickets, but I have read on the DIS that you can get in at 4pm!!

5. Are we allowed to bring guests into GKTW to see it? We have friends flying in for part of the trip and wanted to show GKTW to them.
I am 95% sure this is a yes!! I can't imagine why not?!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan4872 View Post
Leaving for Orlando November 11 and Mikey's Make a wish starts on Nov 13th at GKTW. Any other family going to be at GKTW during this time. Also are there any exciting events going on at disney or universal nov 14-18th
That is so soon!! I'm excited for ya'll. I don't have any answers to your questions, but just wanted to say HAVE FUN!!!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #201
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

Quote:
A few questions:

1. How is travel between the different Disney parks done? Do you have to drive and park at each one, or can you park at one and then use monorail or bus to the other parks? you can take certain types of Disney Transportation between the parks...but, remember you have to get to the park that you started out at to retreive your car...in other words, if you start out at AK and take a Disney bus to go to MK in the afternoon, you still have to get back to the AK parking lot...so you need to be very aware of the closing time of each park...since you get free parking, I would think it would be easier to just drive and park at the next park.

2. About how far is DTD from the parks? Is there transportation between DTD and the parks? There is transportation from each of the hotels and the Transportation and Ticket Center to DTD...again, the wait for a DTD bus back and forth is sometimes long...I would definitely drive this if I could.

3. Are the Wish lounges at MK and EPCOT open the whole time the park is open or are they only open certain hours? I have never been on a wish trip, but from what I remember reading, these are only open certain times during the day, and not necessarily the entire park open times...I seem to recall this being more of an issue at EPCOT rather than MK

4. If we buy tickets to MVMCP, to we have to use one of our MK days as well, or is that a separate event? MVMCP is a seperate hard ticket event. You can enter the MK at 4pm the day of the party and only use your MVMCP ticket. If you wished to go to the MK earlier than that, you would have to use one of your park days from GKTW and then the MVMCP ticket later to get a wristband to stay in (unless they have changed the wristband proceedure)

5. Are we allowed to bring guests into GKTW to see it? We have friends flying in for part of the trip and wanted to show GKTW to themI will let the former wish trippers answer this one...
Lynn
Old 10-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #202
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Wish Lounges

While we were there, the MK wish lounge was open 11:30 AM until 7:00 PM, Epcot's lounge was open M-F 10 until 4. I HIGHLY recommend visiting both. The Wish Lounge at MK is inside of the First Aid station. At NONE of the times we utilized it was there a staff member staffing it. We had to ask each time for someone to let us in AND the last two times we were there we had to ask for water bottles to be brought in. Once there were juice boxes. Everyone is extremely nice at both places and at the Siemens lounge in Epcot we had a blast playing, drinking soda, water, coffee and cappuccinos (the boys thought it was cool) and the bathrooms! Wait till you see. Yes, I took photos! The bathrooms for the lounge at MK were the public ones outside, near the First Aid station. We were NOT allowed to use the bathrooms inside the First Aid Station. We LOVED the quietness of Siemens and the Whimsy of Magic Kingdom's. Most of the time, we were the only family utilizing the lounges.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #203
blessedmom4

Guests at GKTW

We had FOUR sets of guest visit us at GKTW. TWICE we had friends join us for lunch or dinner and the first meal is ALWAYS free for the guests, including the ice cream parlor! Subsequent meals would be $5.00 per person. Just make sure they check in and out at the House of Hearts (Welcome Center).
Old 10-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #204
kimmg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I wanted to say WELCOME to all of the New Wishtrippers and to those waiting on trips and dates...savor each moment, it will go by much too quickly. We have been home a week and it feels like a year.

One short week from today, Lisa will be admitted to the hospital ten hours from our home to wean off of her coumadin and on to heparin so that she can have a cardiac cath on November 9. If you pray, I ask you to keep her and the entire family in your prayers please.

We will be praying for Lisa and your whole family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan4872 View Post
That's coming up soon! Have a great trip!

Well, I don't know what happened but the hospital must have changed their minds because MAW just called us and one of their Dr's just signed E's medical release! MAW is ordering the plane tickets today and our dates will be Dec. 5-16(my uncle is donating days in his timeshare to extend our trip) We are so relieved and excited. So much planning to do now!

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #205
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Absolutely! Feel free to post any pics of me that you want to.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #206
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmg View Post
We will be praying for Lisa and your whole family.

That's coming up soon! Have a great trip!

Well, I don't know what happened but the hospital must have changed their minds because MAW just called us and one of their Dr's just signed E's medical release! MAW is ordering the plane tickets today and our dates will be Dec. 5-16(my uncle is donating days in his timeshare to extend our trip) We are so relieved and excited. So much planning to do now!
So excited for you guys! What a blessing. We will be there Dec. 9-15 so maybe we'll see each other!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #207
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Prayers for Lisa and family.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #208
kimmg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So excited for you guys! What a blessing. We will be there Dec. 9-15 so maybe we'll see each other!
Thank you so much! I hope we get to see each other. We should trade info and say hi.

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #209
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

Just curious: How long are the character meals usually? We are looking at booking on at Akershus at EPCOT.

Aslo, please pray for Emily. She's been pretty sick today. Hoping we can get past this and be ready for our trip in less than 6 weeks!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #210
kimmg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just curious: How long are the character meals usually? We are looking at booking on at Akershus at EPCOT.

Aslo, please pray for Emily. She's been pretty sick today. Hoping we can get past this and be ready for our trip in less than 6 weeks!
I can't really answer about DW character meals, but I know at DL they usually last about an hour give or take, depending on how long we want to stay.

Saying prayers that Emily feels better soon.

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: