Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #2071
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
Kind of a random question but we are wondering when MAW gives you spending money what form is it in? We just got a great disney cc offer and are thinking of using that card for a free $200 disney gift card. Thanks!
I think it depends on the chapter. They gave us a check and we just deposited it right into our checking account. I've heard others say it was a debit card.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #2072
jessmomto3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinbum93
I have never done a forum before but came across this one, as I am trying to find out more into regarding my son's upcoming Make-A-Wish trip to Disneyworld. Thank-you so very much for all of this information and am anxious to figure all of this out, let you know a little about us, and allow y'all to help me with my planning! I realize we're supposed to let them take care of it all, but I am naturally a planner and we are wanting to extend the trip on our own expense, as I have seen quite a few folks have been able to do! So please bear with me as I learn more about forums and what I'm supposed to do and I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions! And yes, I'm from Texas!
Jamie

We're from Texas too! And welcome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #2073
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

I am stressed out with Luke's trip this week. We were approved to take a third adult along to help with the trip. Unfortunately, the dates didn't fit into dh's sisters work schedule, so she can't come. Long story short, we have asked over five people to come along and no one can make it work. I really do not want to change our dates, our next dates would probably be december or January. I am frustrated, we are offering up a free vacation, but our son is hard to chase, so we have age and experience requirements. College students are out because it's an exam week, and it's not a paid nursing position so I can't offer a salary. I will have to call my maw chapter on Monday and see if they have any advice.

I know one or two months difference in dates shouldn't bother me, but I really don't want to change dates! I just have to accept that if we are meant to go, we will find the right person. I hate waiting patiently for God to show me His path. Patience is NOT my special gift!!

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying onsite RPR or HRH
Old 09-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #2074
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie
I am stressed out with Luke's trip this week. We were approved to take a third adult along to help with the trip. Unfortunately, the dates didn't fit into dh's sisters work schedule, so she can't come. Long story short, we have asked over five people to come along and no one can make it work. I really do not want to change our dates, our next dates would probably be december or January. I am frustrated, we are offering up a free vacation, but our son is hard to chase, so we have age and experience requirements. College students are out because it's an exam week, and it's not a paid nursing position so I can't offer a salary. I will have to call my maw chapter on Monday and see if they have any advice.

I know one or two months difference in dates shouldn't bother me, but I really don't want to change dates! I just have to accept that if we are meant to go, we will find the right person. I hate waiting patiently for God to show me His path. Patience is NOT my special gift!!
I'm so sorry!! I hope you get a solution soon. It IS hard to wait for God's timing.

I'll go

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #2075
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

halloween stuff

for all going to disney from now thru Halloween, I was just at wallgreens and they had a lot of disney themed halloween stuff, like light up toys with mickey ears and also glow in the dark bubbles, which I got for one of the parades! also disney halloween window clings that I think would help us identify our rental car!

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #2076
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
for all going to disney from now thru Halloween, I was just at wallgreens and they had a lot of disney themed halloween stuff, like light up toys with mickey ears and also glow in the dark bubbles, which I got for one of the parades! also disney halloween window clings that I think would help us identify our rental car!
Awesome! I have to pick up one of Gavin's meds tomorrow so will have to check it out I am getting super excited and super super nervous. Kind of going crazy I think lol

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #2077
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Awww, I hope you can get it worked out! I know, I wanted to go as soon as we could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie View Post

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
Old 09-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #2078
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Thanks you guys I have a hopeful prospect. Not all is lost. Now I need to made supper and decompress from the crazy roller coaster day. Hope everyone's families are healthy an doing well over the weekend.

Tata for now

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying onsite RPR or HRH
Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #2079
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

disney crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavandGraciesMommy View Post
Awesome! I have to pick up one of Gavin's meds tomorrow so will have to check it out I am getting super excited and super super nervous. Kind of going crazy I think lol
its all I can think, dream and worry about. can hardly function at all!

for sure disney dreaming and disney crazy!!!!!

it is possible I am more excited than the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #2080
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie View Post
Thanks you guys I have a hopeful prospect. Not all is lost. Now I need to made supper and decompress from the crazy roller coaster day. Hope everyone's families are healthy an doing well over the weekend.

Tata for now
Yay for hopeful prospects!! I hope you have a peaceful night and good weekend!

We are doing well. E's been sniffly for about a week and a half. It's seeming to be just allergies but I'm so paranoid we're all going to get some sort of sicky bug just before our trip! I told DH that we need to start inhaling copious amounts of vitamin C between now and then! He's diabetic and has sworn off all sugary drinks (doesn't even drink diet!) so I guess I'll have to make him take it in pill form??

As far as Disney dreaming, I had a monster headache earlier so I took advantage of E napping and I laid down. Well, I laid down fretting over hotel bookings and ended up dreaming that I was helping a SWIM TEAM?? Yes, they were having their first evening match and apparently the pool wasn't lit so they had GLOW IN THE DARK TAPE on the bottom of the pool so they could see the lane markings. Weird. I also forgot to pass out the playbook (yes, this was a dream..I know there is no playbook in swimming!) to the team and got in trouble for that. I think the glow in the dark stuff came from reading some Disney tips on here about bringing glow sticks for the kids....

Does anyone else have crazy dreams when their minds are so active? I paraphrased the above...it was weirder than that!

Happy Friday to you all and I hope you have a great weekend!

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #2081
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
its all I can think, dream and worry about. can hardly function at all!

for sure disney dreaming and disney crazy!!!!!

it is possible I am more excited than the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disney crazy is a good name for it! You know we worry about our kids staying healthy and keeping them calm in the hospitals. So when we finally have something nice to look forward to and you want it so bad to go perfect. I am glad I am not the only one that knows what I mean though Good call on the Wal-Greens shopping. Picked up spinners for both kids and some glow in the dark bubbles. They look pretty awesome so I am excited to try them out.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #2082
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Yay for hopeful prospects!! I hope you have a peaceful night and good weekend!

We are doing well. E's been sniffly for about a week and a half. It's seeming to be just allergies but I'm so paranoid we're all going to get some sort of sicky bug just before our trip! I told DH that we need to start inhaling copious amounts of vitamin C between now and then! He's diabetic and has sworn off all sugary drinks (doesn't even drink diet!) so I guess I'll have to make him take it in pill form??

As far as Disney dreaming, I had a monster headache earlier so I took advantage of E napping and I laid down. Well, I laid down fretting over hotel bookings and ended up dreaming that I was helping a SWIM TEAM?? Yes, they were having their first evening match and apparently the pool wasn't lit so they had GLOW IN THE DARK TAPE on the bottom of the pool so they could see the lane markings. Weird. I also forgot to pass out the playbook (yes, this was a dream..I know there is no playbook in swimming!) to the team and got in trouble for that. I think the glow in the dark stuff came from reading some Disney tips on here about bringing glow sticks for the kids....

Does anyone else have crazy dreams when their minds are so active? I paraphrased the above...it was weirder than that!

Happy Friday to you all and I hope you have a great weekend!
No specific disney dreams but a real life nightmare today when discovery cove claimd we had no reservation despite my reservation number and that they had charged my card.... but of course it was really there and just hiding.

sweet dreams everyone!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #2083
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353

No specific disney dreams but a real life nightmare today when discovery cove claimd we had no reservation despite my reservation number and that they had charged my card.... but of course it was really there and just hiding.

sweet dreams everyone!
Yikes!!! Glad things worked out!

Old 09-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #2084
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

wheelchairs again

new to WC and M will be using one at least some of the time in the parks. Need the tips etc for them. best way to keep them dry, what sort of bag for the back etc.

thanks!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #2085
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

So does anyone know if there is a magical list somewhere of what you should pack for Disney and carry with you in the park? We have never been and I am afraid we will forget something important. Can you tell I tend to worry about everything

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: