Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #2011
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

DH and I were discussing our trip last night, and he asked if we would be able to swim in November. Are the pools heated at GKTW?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2012
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
DH and I were discussing our trip last night, and he asked if we would be able to swim in November. Are the pools heated at GKTW?
Yes, they are.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #2013
lakinbum93
Earning My Ears

Thank-you!

Just wanted to tell everyone thank-you for welcoming me here and give you a link to a thread I posted about our Wish Kid Kaston! Still waiting on dates...the anticipation is SOOO bad in our household right now! The kids are asking me every day, "Did they call yet? Do we know when we're going yet?" I'm trying to make it super fun for them though and we're doing research on the parks and writing down what we want to do, what rides we want to skip and which ones are the top of our list.

Without further ado...

Click here to follow Kaston's MAW Disneyworld Trip Adventure
Jamie
Old 09-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #2014
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinbum93 View Post
Just wanted to tell everyone thank-you for welcoming me here and give you a link to a thread I posted about our Wish Kid Kaston! Still waiting on dates...the anticipation is SOOO bad in our household right now! The kids are asking me every day, "Did they call yet? Do we know when we're going yet?" I'm trying to make it super fun for them though and we're doing research on the parks and writing down what we want to do, what rides we want to skip and which ones are the top of our list.

Without further ado...

Click here to follow Kaston's MAW Disneyworld Trip Adventure
Jamie
Very cool! Can't wait to read!! (Just got dinner in the crock pot about 3 hours later than I wanted!)

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #2015
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Shoes???

These (and shorts) will be the bane of my existence.

I currently wear Birkenstocks. Everywhere. My arches burn with anything else. I used to try and find the cushiest shoes possible, thinking that would help my feet feel better (I played sports growing up and didn't have issues with arch problems til college. Had an ACL tear my jr year in high school and my arch is flatter in my right foot due to muscle loss ?? in my calf. Once I quit training for athletics, I started having problems). Anyway, I didn't discover my love of Birkenstocks til after I got married. Holy cow. Awesome shoes!! Expensive shoes. Anyway.....

Figuring I'd get wet at some point at Disney (or wherever), I thought I'd revisit Chacos (bought a pair in 2000 but shelved them after I got my first pair of Birkenstocks). They are just about the only sturdy sandals as far as arch support goes. I have worn them to the mall, etc, and they've been great. Decided to do a "Disney-prep" walk yesterday to see how things would go. Just as I'd feared, there were hints of blisters on the soles of my feet- mainly around the balls of my feet. Dangit. I mean, I know it's probably inevitable with any rubber-insoled shoe/sans sock. Should I get some "blister sticks" and rub those on my feet or should I start out in Birkenstocks and then switch if we're going someplace that I might get wet??? Argh. I can't wear comfy Crocs b/c my arch will start burning after about 20 minutes.

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Old 09-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #2016
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
Praying for sweet David.

Bummer that you have to get your own transportation to the airport. That is one thing I know our chapter does take care of. Too bad all chapters couldn't be the same, especially since they are all through MAW!

That is kinda crazy they wait so long to book things. Especially you can book flights months in advance. Maybe it is because MAW trips can be cancelled and moved up or back for so many reasons.

I hope your extension goes through!!

Jackie
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1 View Post
So sorry to read this. I had been prepared for disaster when my daughter had her Fontan surgery, as her 2 previous surgeries were not without complications. Thankfully she did relatively well post Fontan, but reading this is so sad. I hope the evaluation goes well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post
I'm so sorry. Little David will be in my prayers. Matthew was almost denied transplant due to his congestive heart failure, but since it was a living donor they OKed it. If we would have waited even a couple of more weeks, I seriously doubt Matthew would still be here. Blessings sent to David and his family and his angel donor.
Thank you, all. No new updates as of today, but if you want to follow his story: www.caringbridge.org/visit/babyhood

Old 09-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #2017
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Yesterday Kyra had her cardiology appointment, She will be seen again in 6 months, so April. She is supposed to be going on her wish in May....cant believe i didnt realize we were just 7 months out!! We have known we were going this May coming since this past Christmas. This is so crazy!!! I cant wait!!!

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #2018
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
Yesterday Kyra had her cardiology appointment, She will be seen again in 6 months, so April. She is supposed to be going on her wish in May....cant believe i didnt realize we were just 7 months out!! We have known we were going this May coming since this past Christmas. This is so crazy!!! I cant wait!!!
How did her appointment go?

The waiting is the HARDEST!! Time does tend to absolutely FLY by after a certain point, though!!

Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #2019
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
How did her appointment go?

The waiting is the HARDEST!! Time does tend to absolutely FLY by after a certain point, though!!

Cardiology was "ok" we are in the wait and see game for aortic valve replacement. He said depending on how she progresses he hopes that we will be able to wait until puberty.

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 09-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #2020
Emmaswishtrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
Woohoo! I'm doing the happy dance! We just heard from our make a wish chapter and our Disney trip is booked! We are going Nov 10-17!!! So excited! Can't wait to plan more!
We heard from our MAW chapter and got our flight information! Sadly we are only going from the 10th to the 16th but we are just so greatful for the trip that we are still over the moon!

Also our chapter will provide up a rental car which is great! I did ask if we could go to Mickey Christmas Party at MK and they said we would have to use our spending money.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #2021
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cardiology was "ok" we are in the wait and see game for aortic valve replacement. He said depending on how she progresses he hopes that we will be able to wait until puberty.
Awwww.. I'm sorry. I hope everything stays good until then (and even beyond!). E may need his pulmonary valve replaced around that same time, but we're hoping it will be further away than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
We heard from our MAW chapter and got our flight information! Sadly we are only going from the 10th to the 16th but we are just so greatful for the trip that we are still over the moon!

Also our chapter will provide up a rental car which is great! I did ask if we could go to Mickey Christmas Party at MK and they said we would have to use our spending money.
I'm glad you got your flight info! I'm sorry it's a day shorter than you thought, but I'm happy you are still feeling the magic!! I can't wait to meet you!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #2022
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

That is so neat y'all are going together - take some pics on Matthew's boundless playground or eating ice cream at 8am together!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #2023
Emmaswishtrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm glad you got your flight info! I'm sorry it's a day shorter than you thought, but I'm happy you are still feeling the magic!! I can't wait to meet you!
We can't wait either! We are ok with the one day shorter, we figure it will give Emma some well needed rest! We are also thrilled we are on Jet Blue and our first bag is free! Also the tv entertainment will be a HUGE help for the plane!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #2024
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The waiting game is the hardest part! That is where we are at with Trevor too. He currently does not have a pulmonary valve or condiut. We were told it could be now or 5 years from now!

Praying she an hold off until she is older.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 09-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #2025
maroo
DIS Veteran

hello everyone!!

I have been so busy this last week making a costume for Lauren and helping them with skits - It was so much fun!

Lauren was the back end of a Slinky Dog....

So I am catching up on this thread, PM's, planners and linking TR's today!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: