Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #1966
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinbum93
I have never done a forum before but came across this one, as I am trying to find out more into regarding my son's upcoming Make-A-Wish trip to Disneyworld. Thank-you so very much for all of this information and am anxious to figure all of this out, let you know a little about us, and allow y'all to help me with my planning! I realize we're supposed to let them take care of it all, but I am naturally a planner and we are wanting to extend the trip on our own expense, as I have seen quite a few folks have been able to do! So please bear with me as I learn more about forums and what I'm supposed to do and I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions! And yes, I'm from Texas!
Jamie
Welcome!!

I can vouch that questions are more than welcomed here. I haven't been blocked yet

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #1967
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinbum93 View Post
I have never done a forum before but came across this one, as I am trying to find out more into regarding my son's upcoming Make-A-Wish trip to Disneyworld. Thank-you so very much for all of this information and am anxious to figure all of this out, let you know a little about us, and allow y'all to help me with my planning! I realize we're supposed to let them take care of it all, but I am naturally a planner and we are wanting to extend the trip on our own expense, as I have seen quite a few folks have been able to do! So please bear with me as I learn more about forums and what I'm supposed to do and I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions! And yes, I'm from Texas!
Jamie

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #1968
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinbum93 View Post
Jamie
Hi Jamie So glad you found this forum. Any questions you have just ask. YAY for Wish trips

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #1969
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

LOL!

I think you have 2 weeks to use your park hoppers from the date of issue, lots of families extend their trips and use their tickets during their time in Florida.

Maroo is the one that links the TR & PTR's at the beginning, shoot her an PM and I'm sure she can take care of that for you.

The Polar Express sounds awesome! Hope that works out for you guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Thank you!!

Ha! I started reading your TR but then ADD kicked in and I didn't get finished! Thank you for the to get me back on track!!

Questions: Do any of you know if it's possible to use unused park hopper tickets if a trip is extended? We may have the flexibility to fly back on a Tues instead of Saturday and if we can save one of our park hoppers, we'll be able to take a good break at GKTW in the middle of the week. I realize we won't have the GKTW button for ride access, etc, but I was just wondering.

Second question, how do I get our PTR linked at the beginning of this thread? Just wondering.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! I have an itinerary, but it all depends on what we can do once we extend our stay. I just found out Sea World is starting their Christmas thing on the Saturday we are supposed to return and has a Polar Express Experience. Ethan LOOOOOOVES trains and loves the Polar Express so this would be a great day to hit Sea World.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #1970
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
LOL!

I think you have 2 weeks to use your park hoppers from the date of issue, lots of families extend their trips and use their tickets during their time in Florida.

Maroo is the one that links the TR & PTR's at the beginning, shoot her an PM and I'm sure she can take care of that for you.

The Polar Express sounds awesome! Hope that works out for you guys!
Super-awesome!! Thank you!!

Ok. I did PM her the other day about something. Do any of you ever have issues with PMs going through? I'm still getting used to this forum (I've been on message boards before, but it's been awhile since I was on one with this kind of formatting). I'm sure I just goofed and sent it to somewhere in cyberspace...

Thanks! I still need to call and check on that to see if it's something we still want to do. There's a town near here that hosts Thomas the Train and they have also done the Polar Express (before we had Ethan). If there's a chance they will do that again this year, and we can't make it to Sea World, then at least he'll get his chance to do something "Polar Express-y."

I <3 all the families on this forum! Thank y'all so much!!

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #1971
michiml03
Mouseketeer

MNSSHP and parades

Hi everyone I really don't know how to put this without sounding bad but, do wish families get to the front of the line for characters at the MNSSHp? IS there a special place for us to watch the parades?

Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #1972
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

No special parade spot that I know of.

Technically we don't get front of the line for characters, they will tell you that at GKTW as well. All you can do is show the cast member your child's GKTW button and your guest assurance pass and its kind of up to them. So I'm assuming it'll work the same way at MNSSHP.

We met over 40 characters on my DD's trip, and were never turned away from the front of the line. When we met Rapunzel, she's the only one we had to wait for. They were only letting so many people in to see her each shift I guess, so they sat us off to the side on a bench in the shade and we waited for her to finish up with the group she was with. Maybe 20 minute wait.

I did have cast members that if they saw us in a line, they'd come and grab us. We got in line for like Alice and Chip & Dale because they were super short.

Just walk up to the Character's Handler or if there is another CM close by and ask. That's what we did. Worked like a charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiml03 View Post
Hi everyone I really don't know how to put this without sounding bad but, do wish families get to the front of the line for characters at the MNSSHp? IS there a special place for us to watch the parades?

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 09-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #1973
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

No I haven't, she's pretty busy I think. I actually never saw her active on the forums while we were planning our trip, but she's been back the last few months.

Quote:
Super-awesome!! Thank you!!

Ok. I did PM her the other day about something. Do any of you ever have issues with PMs going through? I'm still getting used to this forum (I've been on message boards before, but it's been awhile since I was on one with this kind of formatting). I'm sure I just goofed and sent it to somewhere in cyberspace...

Thanks! I still need to call and check on that to see if it's something we still want to do. There's a town near here that hosts Thomas the Train and they have also done the Polar Express (before we had Ethan). If there's a chance they will do that again this year, and we can't make it to Sea World, then at least he'll get his chance to do something "Polar Express-y."

I <3 all the families on this forum! Thank y'all so much!!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 09-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #1974
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
No I haven't, she's pretty busy I think. I actually never saw her active on the forums while we were planning our trip, but she's been back the last few months.
I am on a car seat forum and it's similar to this one- I messed up on my first few PMs to people. I'm sure I just messed up when I sent my couple to her. I think, maybe, the most recent one (I think I just sent it yesterday?) might have gone thru the proper channels.

With all she does, I'm not surprised she's so busy!! Where would us Wish Trippers be without her???

Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #1975
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Yikes!! my ds MAW trip is on! We are headed to Disney November 2-11! I am so stinking excited.
We have three choices for our wish: pirates league, grinchmas breakfast, or lunch at Cinderella's royal table!. Now it's stArting to feel real! We are taking our aunt sue along to help us Corral the kiddos.
Now we have to decide where to stay during our extended weekended vacation, what to do when!, and what in gods name are we going to wear!!!!! Any help is welcomed with open arms

Happy dancing

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #1976
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie View Post
Yikes!! my ds MAW trip is on! We are headed to Disney November 2-11! I am so stinking excited.
We have three choices for our wish: pirates league, grinchmas breakfast, or lunch at Cinderella's royal table!. Now it's stArting to feel real! We are taking our aunt sue along to help us Corral the kiddos.
Now we have to decide where to stay during our extended weekended vacation, what to do when!, and what in gods name are we going to wear!!!!! Any help is welcomed with open arms

Happy dancing
Yay!!

We will be heading in on the day you'll be heading out. We don't know where we will stay, if we get to extend, either. What to wear? Ha! I don't know that answer, either. Comfy shoes...don't plan on breaking them in on the trip!! Do some practice walking NOW!! Bring an extra pair should one get wet and take a while to dry out (or if your piggies need a change of scenery). That's all I have....

Congratulations!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #1977
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Soo more questions now that we are rolling.. Is there a list compiled anywhere of what kiddos chose as their extra special wish portion of the trip? I don't even know where to star brainstorming ideas'! We are going in between Halloween and christmas so I am not sure what above and beyond once Ina lifetime experiences exist for families. I kind of would like ds experience to be unique. KWIM?

If anyone has suggestions from any park (disneys, universal/ioa, seaworld) let me know! He is 8 (approx2-4 mentally) loves lights water animals thrills everything!

TIA
Holly

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #1978
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you!!

Ha! I started reading your TR but then ADD kicked in and I didn't get finished! Thank you for the to get me back on track!!

Questions: Do any of you know if it's possible to use unused park hopper tickets if a trip is extended? We may have the flexibility to fly back on a Tues instead of Saturday and if we can save one of our park hoppers, we'll be able to take a good break at GKTW in the middle of the week. I realize we won't have the GKTW button for ride access, etc, but I was just wondering.

Second question, how do I get our PTR linked at the beginning of this thread? Just wondering.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! I have an itinerary, but it all depends on what we can do once we extend our stay. I just found out Sea World is starting their Christmas thing on the Saturday we are supposed to return and has a Polar Express Experience. Ethan LOOOOOOVES trains and loves the Polar Express so this would be a great day to hit Sea World.
Sea World....Polar Express Experience??? What??? I really need to get a handle on the research here. That's exciting! Chatterbox would be interested in that, so thanks for mentioning

ETA: Okay, I can't seem to find the schedule for the Polar Express....or ticket info, or whatever...help??? Please direct me?

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012

Last edited by onceagain1; 09-12-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #1979
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Added to my pretrippie . And a discussion between me and dh between extended stay dynamics. Bankers always through out the best laid plains!!!

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #1980
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

How do I change the title of my ds maw ptr?

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: