Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #181
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
What about the ordering pizza at GKTW? They did that in 4/10 when we were there....also, at some parties they had cookies and popcorn. Also had popcorn at the movie theater back then, but maybe it has changed? We werent really there much during the day, but bought some snacky things and drinks at the walmart down the street ( :
Pizza is available to order anytime between 7-10:30PM. At some of the evening parties, they do have cookies or cupcakes, popcorn, and sno cones. None are availble is afternoon though.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #182
Synovial
Mouseketeer

Smile

We have our rental van and we are leaving in the morning for DisneyWorld! Synovial
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #183
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

We got our dates today!!!!! Guess you'll have to check out our pre-trip report to find out....
Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #184
sgarrity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmom View Post
We got our dates today!!!!! Guess you'll have to check out our pre-trip report to find out....
Congrats on dates. We will be there in December as well. But not arriving until the 20th.

Savanna

Our Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post40707717

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #185
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synovial View Post
We have our rental van and we are leaving in the morning for DisneyWorld! Synovial
Awesome! Have a safe trip! Hopefully, I will get to meet you at GKTW!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #186
angcmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the input re: snacks at GKTW. We are definitely making a Wal-Mart run when we get down there...I was trying to get an idea of how heavy of snacks I should get for the week.

Abigail is a grazer when it comes to eating....she might eat what amounts to half of a child's serving of food and be full...then want to eat again about 1.5 hours later. I'm sure she will enjoy the ice cream but want to have other options for her as well.

We are getting close....our wish granter is coming next Wednesday morning to bring our paperwork/airplane tickets/etc. I'm sure it will seem even more real then!

Pre-trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post42896165
Old 10-28-2011, 01:16 AM   #187
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synovial View Post
Have a super fun trip!!! Drive safe!!

Quote:
Yay!!! You will be checking in the day before we check out. We'll have to look for eachother!! Planning is the best part!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angcmom View Post

Thanks for all the input re: snacks at GKTW. We are definitely making a Wal-Mart run when we get down there...I was trying to get an idea of how heavy of snacks I should get for the week.

Abigail is a grazer when it comes to eating....she might eat what amounts to half of a child's serving of food and be full...then want to eat again about 1.5 hours later. I'm sure she will enjoy the ice cream but want to have other options for her as well.

We are getting close....our wish granter is coming next Wednesday morning to bring our paperwork/airplane tickets/etc. I'm sure it will seem even more real then!
Owen is the same way.. he LOVES to snack. We are stocking up on healthy stuff at Walmart.. Fruits/Veggies/Granola. We always load up on junk at the parks and feel so crummy by the end of the day. It's nice to at least balance it out with healthy snacks.

It'll be totally real when you get your tickets and paperwork!!!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #188
Delaney21
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in here! We just received notice that my son will be getting a wish from MAW! Right now he is trying to decide between Disney World and Mickey's boat. Either way, I don't think he can go wrong!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #189
Lilacs chosen
live each moment to the fullest

Hello I thought i would come to this board since I am a make a wish child (: I have seizures and have been having them at school now there are a few kids making fun of me because of it. I'm happy though because i'm going to disney world over Christmas
Old 10-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #190
horsefan824
WDW princess (:

Sorry did not realize I was under my moms account but that lost post was supposed to be by me.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #191
jdmmom
Earning My Ears

Really bummed that Cinderella's Royal Table is booked up for the entire week that we will be there. Now I need to decide between 1900 Park Fare and Akershus. Any suggestions? Emily really wants to do BBB and then dine like a princess!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #192
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Really bummed that Cinderella's Royal Table is booked up for the entire week that we will be there. Now I need to decide between 1900 Park Fare and Akershus. Any suggestions? Emily really wants to do BBB and then dine like a princess!
We have reservations at Akershus. It depends on which Princesses the girls really want to see. 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella, Prince Charming and the step sisters. My kids don't care about Cinderella, but Owen loves Mulan and Belle, so we decided on Akershus. Check out the Menus on allears.net for all the restaurants.. that helped us make our choice! Also.. keep checking CRT daily because people cancel. I'm so excited you are going in December!!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:57 AM   #193
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilacs chosen View Post
Hello I thought i would come to this board since I am a make a wish child (: I have seizures and have been having them at school now there are a few kids making fun of me because of it. I'm happy though because i'm going to disney world over Christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefan824 View Post
Sorry did not realize I was under my moms account but that lost post was supposed to be by me.
So - Somewhat LESS than 9 months and 2 weeks until your Disney trip? WOoHOO! Are you staying at GKTW?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #194
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I have started our Trip Report if anyone wants to follow along. We had the MOST INCREDIBLE Wish Trip and feel humbly Blessed!

One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen???

Last edited by blessedmom4; 10-31-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #195
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Pizza at Give Kids the World

I wanted to answer this the other day; however, ran out of time. We have been back one week and this was our experience with the food, etc. Keep in mind I have three of us (the girls) who don't eat a lot and three of us (the guys) who eat EVERYTHING! We ordered pizza EVERY NIGHT, except for one, while we were at the village. Thursday and Friday it came promptly (Less than 10 minutes) and it was delicious (better Thursday vs Friday; however, still good). We had six in our villa, so we were able to order three pizza each night along with up to 6 sodas/waters per night. I think for every two poeple you get one pizza which is more than plenty. They serve Pepsi products in cans from the Pizza Shack, (I think that is what they called the pizzaria),as well as bottled water. The pizza choices are meat (I think it was sausage, ham and pepperoni) Cheese or Veggie (olives, onions, mushrooms and peppers...I don't care for olives so I ordered without...Pete LIKES olives so he would "forget" to say no olives). I LOVED the Veggie Pizza the best; however, one piece truly filled me up so late at night. Four pieces each and the guys were full too; however, by the end of the trip we were only ordering two because we had leftovers. Saturday night, the children were STARVING after they were tucked in bed so we ordered pizza, thinking it would arrive in 10 minutes. Thirty minutes later I called back to see if there was a problem or if they had lost our order...they told us they were backed up and would have it over in 10 minutes. An hour after we ordered, the girls had fallen asleep without eating and the guys were about to. I called to cancel the pizza delivery and they said it was on its way already...ten minutes later, they showed up and YES, my three guys ate. They had forgotten our sodas/water and told us they would be right back with our drinks...I am still waiting on those drinks... Sunday we learned our lesson so we called as soon as we hit the villa and the children were getting their baths...it took an hour that night as well. Monday night, they were back to the 10 minute delivery time.

We discovered about many things while at GKTW that depending on the amount of volunteers they had available on any given day/place, experiences changed. Weekends were much more sparse than weekdays and there were a lot of high school groups on fall break volunteering. We met some amazing people while we were there.

As for food...we had plenty; although not necessarily what you want to eat all of the time. We got lunch from Katie's Kitchen most days (they serve lunch until 4, then dinner until 10, I think, and Lisa wasn't able to stay at the parks for long days). My favorite was the chicken salad sandwich, with a side. The girls and I could only eat half our sandwiches, so when we checked out of GKTW and into our hotel, we had a lot of half sandwiches we took with us. We also took them to the park in my little cooler to save on the cost of food while we were out.

I found the lack of fresh fruit to be surprising, although I could get a banana every day and you could also get bananas in the ice cream shop...and you didn't have to eat it in ice cream either...although you could have.

I hope this might help someone in their planning of meal, etc. I also wanted to mention you can get fountain drinks of COKE products at the Gingerbread House (Breakfast and dinner location) as well as at Katie's Kitchen and the Ice Cream Shop. There was also supposed to be a cookie cart; however, we NEVER saw it. We found out mid-trip you could get cookies from Katie's Kitchen...yummy chocolate chip.

One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen???

Last edited by blessedmom4; 10-31-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: