Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #166
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Oh my! A new thread! This explains why I haven't gotten any emails from the group lately. I lurk more than anything right now. I tried to finish my trip report and asked that they reopen it (yet again) but for some reason, the msg system wouldn't let me paste in the link to the report and the moderator couldn't find it. I'll try again when things calm down a bit.

Sydney is doing fantastic. She's in Senior Kindergarten now and loving it. She still talks about her trip. We're taking my parents next May so it'll be nice to revisit places. I've already touched base with GKTW and even tho we didn't stay there, as others have said, once a GKTW kid, always a GKTW kids and they've told us we're more than welcome to visit, to play and to see Sydney's star. They're so amazing. We're really looking forward to it.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
Old 10-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #167
MissJen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensheart View Post
I hope you have a fantastic trip!! Which cruise ship are you sailing on??
We are on the Disney Dream for Halloween going to the Bahamas. Lily is swimming with the dolphins at Atlantis in the Bahamas.

The Moser Family

Austin, Jen, Lily, Bella, Jim, Liam
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #168
M28
Earning My Ears

Our daughter is meeting with her wish coordinators tonight. Assuming she doesn't change her wish last minute how quickly could a trip be taken? For work and a few other reasons mid Dec. would be best for us. Thoughts?

Faye's PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2819470
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #169
Synovial
Mouseketeer

Smile

I'm pulling my hair out trying to think of everything to pack and get everything done we need to finish before we go on our trip. We have been making matching shirts all day. We are going Thursday to pick up our rental van to pack and have ready to leave early Friday morning!!! We have 3 days until we leave!!!!! I still can't believe it. We have been working on this trip for a year! Synovial
Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #170
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJen View Post
We are on the Disney Dream for Halloween going to the Bahamas. Lily is swimming with the dolphins at Atlantis in the Bahamas.
Oh my goodness.. that sounds amazing!!! You are going to have a great time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M28 View Post
Our daughter is meeting with her wish coordinators tonight. Assuming she doesn't change her wish last minute how quickly could a trip be taken? For work and a few other reasons mid Dec. would be best for us. Thoughts?

Faye's PTR:
We are going in early December.. the 4th thru the 14th. I hear it's a great time to go!! Nothing beat the holiday lights around!! Let us know how it goes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synovial View Post
I'm pulling my hair out trying to think of everything to pack and get everything done we need to finish before we go on our trip. We have been making matching shirts all day. We are going Thursday to pick up our rental van to pack and have ready to leave early Friday morning!!! We have 3 days until we leave!!!!! I still can't believe it. We have been working on this trip for a year! Synovial
You are going to have a great time!! I know.. time seems to drag until a month or so before and then it flies by!!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #171
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Finally, updated the rest of Day 1 on the trip report! Check it out!

Hope everyone is well....
Old 10-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #172
M28
Earning My Ears

Our daughter made her wish last night with the volunteers at our house. They were super nice ladies. We asked about going as soon as mid Dec. but they weren't sure it could happen that fast. No big deal. We will just wait and be happy with whenever they can send her. She is so excited!

Faye's PTR:
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #173
angcmom
Earning My Ears

GKTW question

For those of you who have stayed at GKTW, how much food (including snacks and beverages) did you purchase at the store for your stay?

From what I've read, you get three meals at the village during the course of the day but I can't decipher if other snacks/beverages are readily available. I know the Ice Cream Palace is an option....do they have other snacks there besides ice cream?

Thanks!!

Pre-trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post42896165
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #174
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angcmom View Post

From what I've read, you get three meals at the village during the course of the day but I can't decipher if other snacks/beverages are readily available. I know the Ice Cream Palace is an option....do they have other snacks there besides ice cream?

Thanks!!
Sadly, there are no other snack option available other than the ICP. Drinks are available at the ICP as well.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #175
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

They *used* to have hot dogs and premade sandwiches at the ICP. Has that stopped since the new place next door opened?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #176
Synovial
Mouseketeer

Smile

We leave in the morning for Disney!!! After some confusion, we are just now getting our check today! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! We are still packing, but I did a lot of it last night. We are going to try to leave around 5:30 in the morning. Synovial
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #177
BuzznWoodysMom
Earning My Ears

Hi All, Well, we leave next week !!!! But I need some advice. My son's wish was for Animal Kingdom, and Christmas Lights in Disney World. As many Make-a-Wish families we are dealing with so much extra stuff right now, that my planning and research fell behind (were also dealing with immediate family members, 1 with stage 4 cancer, and 1 just scheduled for double bypass surgery , while we're on the wish trip) anyway, I know Osborne lights start 11-10, but is that something that runs throughout the day or only in the evenings? We did not opt for the MVMCP, as it wasn't in our budget, plus with sensory and stamina issues wasn't sure if it would be worth the cost.

Are there any fun Christmas plans during regular hours at Disney? We arrive at GKTW on 11-6 and leave 11-12, Will the Disney parks be decorated for Christmas by then?

And another thing, and maybe it's just me, We are all so excited for this trip, and it's been so nice to have something to look forward to, but were coming back to some not so good stuff, and some hard medical decisions, as are many families. But while I can't wait to go, I almost can......I know that no matter what, were gonna have the time of our lives, but it's going to be so hard to come back. I wish I was better at living in the moment lol.

Thanks for listening to me ramble, or if I lost you already, well I don't blame you , and Thanks to all who have shared their journey for the rest of us. It's been nice not to feel alone!

Our pre-trip report, MAW/GKTW
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2787581

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wt36dyxofi.png
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #178
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
They *used* to have hot dogs and premade sandwiches at the ICP. Has that stopped since the new place next door opened?
Yep, that is no longer an option with the addition of Katie's Kitchen. (The only lunch option other than ice cream)
Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #179
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznWoodysMom View Post
I know Osborne lights start 11-10, but is that something that runs throughout the day or only in the evenings? We did not opt for the MVMCP, as it wasn't in our budget, plus with sensory and stamina issues wasn't sure if it would be worth the cost.

Are there any fun Christmas plans during regular hours at Disney? We arrive at GKTW on 11-6 and leave 11-12, Will the Disney parks be decorated for Christmas by then?
Yes, the parks will de decorated for Christmas by then. The Christmas parties start on 11-8. The Osborne lights just run in the evening, but I think is fun to see.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #180
billwendy
DIS Veteran

What about the ordering pizza at GKTW? They did that in 4/10 when we were there....also, at some parties they had cookies and popcorn. Also had popcorn at the movie theater back then, but maybe it has changed? We werent really there much during the day, but bought some snacky things and drinks at the walmart down the street ( :

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: