Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #1666
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHellandFamily View Post
Hi, my name is Nathan. We just found the Disboards. One of my twin three year old girls was diagnosed with ALL about five months ago, and just recently we got a call from a MAW representative. We, my family and I, just want to say hi, and that we have been moved and humbled by your stories here in the forum.

Peace and blessings.

Nathan
Welcome to the boards Nathan. I will be adding your daughter and your family into my prayers. Looking forward to getting to know you a bit more!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
Old 08-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #1667
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to give a quick update on Gavin. I have had viral bronchitis (that really kicked my butt btw lol) and were in dire fear that Gavin would catch it and land us back in the hospital. However, the good news is we shipped him to his gma and bio dad just in time and he was able to avoid. (That and a lot of bleach and lysol). With his heart issues he also has a very weak upper respitory system and can have trouble keeping his oxygen levels up so even small colds or allergies have been known to resort to ER/ hospital stays. We also celebrated 9 months post op on Wednesday!!! We have only had one case of pnuemonia since the surgery and it did not require hospitalization Looks like the surgery is turning things around for him. Now that school is getting ready to start again I am getting nervous though.... None the less just wanted to share the good news that we survived the week

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #1668
mdfalls
Spencer's Make A Wish Trip!!! <3 8/15/12 - 8/21/12

Our wish grantors arrived tonight, bearing cake and goodies for spencer! They also brought us info on how to print our boarding passes, the expense check, and let us know we will be riding to and from the airport in a limo!!!!

Spencer was on top of the world!!!

Visit our family blog!
http://debbieandthetribe.blogspot.co...our-tribe.html
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #1669
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Yea to the site visit! I am excited for you. Now that you have tickets in hand...it's finally happening! Congrats..we are sending out happy wishes for a relaxing week of preparation! Watch out Vacationeers here comes the mdfalls family!

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 08-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #1670
jen-y
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there are photopass shares out there. It has been 4 years since my last one, so I was not sure if its still going on?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #1671
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=mdfalls;45755159]In one week at exactly this time, we will be on a plane enroute to GKTW!!!

so very exciting!!!

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 08-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #1672
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter47 View Post
Okay, I need a little advice from a Disney veteran.

A wish kid I have wants to meet Silvermist. Specifically Silvermist, though the other fairies are on the list as well. She had talked about a Disney Cruise as well, but I'm almost positive the fairies don't make regular appearances on the cruise, is that right? The fairies were by far more important than the cruise, so I want to make sure we're sending her to the right place.

Now, to find fairy and princess dresses for a variety of wishes. Anyone know if they make princess dresses out of materials that are very easy on the skin for size 6-8 ish? It would also help if it was something that could be put on from the front rather than having to be stepped in to.
search on ebay for the dressses, its something dress up trunk. they are disney clones, very soft and since they sew them I bet they could do it with an open back

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #1673
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen-y View Post
Does anyone know if there are photopass shares out there. It has been 4 years since my last one, so I was not sure if its still going on?
The Dis put a stop to photopass shares awhile ago.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #1674
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter47 View Post
Okay, I need a little advice from a Disney veteran.

A wish kid I have wants to meet Silvermist. Specifically Silvermist, though the other fairies are on the list as well. She had talked about a Disney Cruise as well, but I'm almost positive the fairies don't make regular appearances on the cruise, is that right? The fairies were by far more important than the cruise, so I want to make sure we're sending her to the right place.

Now, to find fairy and princess dresses for a variety of wishes. Anyone know if they make princess dresses out of materials that are very easy on the skin for size 6-8 ish? It would also help if it was something that could be put on from the front rather than having to be stepped in to.
I have not heard of the fairies on the cruise. Tink and friends do appear in the park. We have seen Silvermist in the MK. Not sure how regularly she appears anymore. There are several ladies who make cotton Disney dresses on Etsy. You may be able to find help there.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #1675
jen-y
Mouseketeer

There is an area at Magic Kingdom where they have •Tinker Bell and her Fairy friends from Pixie Hollow. That it probably your best bet. There used to be a group on here called Disboutiquers that make clothes for wish kids (but I am not sure if they are still going). They made some for my kids for our trip
Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #1676
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is an area at Magic Kingdom where they have •Tinker Bell and her Fairy friends from Pixie Hollow. That it probably your best bet. There used to be a group on here called Disboutiquers that make clothes for wish kids (but I am not sure if they are still going). They made some for my kids for our trip
I am part of that group. We don't take requests LOL. We do make clothes for Big Gives-but it is not something you can ask for.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #1677
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfalls View Post
Our wish grantors arrived tonight, bearing cake and goodies for spencer! They also brought us info on how to print our boarding passes, the expense check, and let us know we will be riding to and from the airport in a limo!!!!

Spencer was on top of the world!!!

How exciting!! Only a few more sleeps until Spencer's wish trip! How fun about the limo ride too! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #1678
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Hi! Threeboysandachichie here, I created a pTR for my wish son Luke tonight. I can't figure out links yet but here it is

Pretrip report

Luke's first MAW trip beware to all lizards, squirrels,and dolphins

I hope you can find it. I'll link it on when I figure out time!
I will get into our great lift story next installment!!!!

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #1679
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you're going on a Wish trip through Give Kids the World- you will get your photopass for FREE thanks to Maroo!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

Old 08-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #1680
mdfalls
Spencer's Make A Wish Trip!!! <3 8/15/12 - 8/21/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
If you're going on a Wish trip through Give Kids the World- you will get your photopass for FREE thanks to Maroo!

yay maroo....the photopass is something that I am looking forward to greatly as a mom!

I want to quote half a million other posts and respond to them, but I can't figure out how to multiquote and then I tried going back and can't find the original posts! ugh. I'm so internet challenged! Working on that right now....

Visit our family blog!
http://debbieandthetribe.blogspot.co...our-tribe.html
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: