Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #1651
mdfalls
Spencer's Make A Wish Trip!!! <3 8/15/12 - 8/21/12

In one week at exactly this time, we will be on a plane enroute to GKTW!!! Wow!!! I woke up this morning thinking I need to make a packing list so I don't forget anything so I'm going to be starting that. Then our Wish Grantors will be here Friday night to throw him a small send off party and give us our plane tickets, expense money, etc.... Then we just wait. Its the waiting that is hard! I think Spencer was ready months ago!

Visit our family blog!
http://debbieandthetribe.blogspot.co...our-tribe.html
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #1652
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtokcc View Post
I have been MIA b/c last week was just crazy busy at our house. I took my little dog to be spayed last Monday b/c it was going to be a slow week and then my DD was sick on Tuesday. Took her to the doc and she had strep throat...no surprise there, we knew that was it. She got a shot and a script for a zpack but by Thursday she was no better. All the while I am trying to quarantine her in her room, keep the house disinfected and keep Cade away from her b/c if he gets sick, it will be a hospital admit for sure. Took her back to the doc on Thursday and she got another shot and more antibiotics and got sent that day to the ent b/c there was an abscess back there in her throat. Turns out she had a peritonsillar abscess, ended up having surgery for it that afternoon, it was obstructing her airway. She is missing work and band camp. Then on Friday, my little puppy girl decided to take out half her stitches so I had to take her back to the vet and she had to be restitched, so now she has a wonderful e-collar on.

Anyway - today is Cade's birthday. He has officially hit the double digits, the big 10! I put a small update on the PTR.
OH MY! What a week your family has had! Hoping this week is much better foe you!

Happy Birthday Cade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfalls View Post
In one week at exactly this time, we will be on a plane enroute to GKTW!!! Wow!!! I woke up this morning thinking I need to make a packing list so I don't forget anything so I'm going to be starting that. Then our Wish Grantors will be here Friday night to throw him a small send off party and give us our plane tickets, expense money, etc.... Then we just wait. Its the waiting that is hard! I think Spencer was ready months ago!
How exciting! Only one week to go! Hopefully this next week will go by fast for you!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #1653
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
YAY!!! So excited for you! I am sure you will have a wonderful time

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #1654
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so excited for you!!!! I'm sitting here all hyper and antsy just waiting for our wish granters to come out next Saturday, and you guys are almost ready for the trip of a lifetime!!!
And in case the overabundance of emoticons doesn't convey my excitement, I'll add a YIPPEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtokcc View Post
I have been MIA b/c last week was just crazy busy at our house. I took my little dog to be spayed last Monday b/c it was going to be a slow week and then my DD was sick on Tuesday. Took her to the doc and she had strep throat...no surprise there, we knew that was it. She got a shot and a script for a zpack but by Thursday she was no better. All the while I am trying to quarantine her in her room, keep the house disinfected and keep Cade away from her b/c if he gets sick, it will be a hospital admit for sure. Took her back to the doc on Thursday and she got another shot and more antibiotics and got sent that day to the ent b/c there was an abscess back there in her throat. Turns out she had a peritonsillar abscess, ended up having surgery for it that afternoon, it was obstructing her airway. She is missing work and band camp. Then on Friday, my little puppy girl decided to take out half her stitches so I had to take her back to the vet and she had to be restitched, so now she has a wonderful e-collar on.
Ugh - that sounds...relaxing and all sorts of fun. (I kid, I kid!) Hopefully EVERYONE is on the mend now. And I very to Cade! Happy double digits!

And on a small personal victory - it only took me a couple of months to learn how to mulit-quote. Woohoo!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
Old 08-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #1655
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

sigh...and obviously it will take me a little longer than my 33 years to learn to proofread for spelling errors due to fast fingers.

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
Old 08-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #1656
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post

Ugh - that sounds...relaxing and all sorts of fun. (I kid, I kid!) Hopefully EVERYONE is on the mend now. And I very to Cade! Happy double digits!

And on a small personal victory - it only took me a couple of months to learn how to mulit-quote. Woohoo!
I am impressed with the multi-quoting...I haven't mastered that yet!! Cade has been enjoying his birthday, playing Legos all day. We aren't having a party for him until the 18th. I am going to do cupcakes tonite though...he won't eat them but it just doesn't feel right w/o some kind of cake. Plus, I love cake!!

Wish Trip October 20-26th!!!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 08-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #1657
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WooHoo - that is so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear all about Spencer's trip!

Wish Trip October 20-26th!!!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #1658
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

Hello all! Just wanted to pop over and let ya'll I posted updates to Savannah's PTR about our Princess' 4th birthday (starts on page 5 , goes to page 6). We had a Bibbity Boppity Birthday Ball. Come check it out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2956109&page=5

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1659
lgrove4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfalls
We are also going for my sons make a wish from august 15-21 but I am so worried about the weather, are you? I know it rains everyday in orlando but they are calling for severe thunder storms daily. My heart would break if this trip is a bust. His send off party is this Saturday and I figure I might have until then to see if we could reschedule. It would allay my fears to hear if you are not worried and proceeding as planned. They go through so much and I just couldn't bear the disappointment of sitting in a hotel room the whole time. We do enough sitting around in hospital rooms. Please help, give me confidence! Lisa
Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #1660
kritter47
Mouseketeer

Okay, I need a little advice from a Disney veteran.

A wish kid I have wants to meet Silvermist. Specifically Silvermist, though the other fairies are on the list as well. She had talked about a Disney Cruise as well, but I'm almost positive the fairies don't make regular appearances on the cruise, is that right? The fairies were by far more important than the cruise, so I want to make sure we're sending her to the right place.

Now, to find fairy and princess dresses for a variety of wishes. Anyone know if they make princess dresses out of materials that are very easy on the skin for size 6-8 ish? It would also help if it was something that could be put on from the front rather than having to be stepped in to.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #1661
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgrove4

We are also going for my sons make a wish from august 15-21 but I am so worried about the weather, are you? I know it rains everyday in orlando but they are calling for severe thunder storms daily. My heart would break if this trip is a bust. His send off party is this Saturday and I figure I might have until then to see if we could reschedule. It would allay my fears to hear if you are not worried and proceeding as planned. They go through so much and I just couldn't bear the disappointment of sitting in a hotel room the whole time. We do enough sitting around in hospital rooms. Please help, give me confidence! Lisa
My friend lives in Orlando and she says it is typical this time of year for it to storm in the late afternoon and then die off but that is from around 3 to 4. She says it can be unexpected though. So maybe if it does rain it will only be for that short time and dry up quickly

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 08-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #1662
TheHellandFamily
Earning My Ears

Smile Hello Dis

Hi, my name is Nathan. We just found the Disboards. One of my twin three year old girls was diagnosed with ALL about five months ago, and just recently we got a call from a MAW representative. We, my family and I, just want to say hi, and that we have been moved and humbled by your stories here in the forum.

Peace and blessings.

Nathan
Old 08-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #1663
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHellandFamily View Post
Hi, my name is Nathan. We just found the Disboards. One of my twin three year old girls was diagnosed with ALL about five months ago, and just recently we got a call from a MAW representative. We, my family and I, just want to say hi, and that we have been moved and humbled by your stories here in the forum.

Peace and blessings.

Nathan
I have 3 year twin girls also it is my son who is our wish kid though. Glad your daughter gets her wish. Looking forward to learning more about your family and your daughters wish.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 08-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #1664
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgrove4 View Post
Take ponchos and something to cover your stroller if you have one, and don't leave them in your room! Take them with you and plan to carry on. You NEVER know what the weather will be at any given time of the year. I have frozen in May, Fried in December, and been wet in every season. Ya just gotta roll with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter47 View Post

A wish kid I have wants to meet Silvermist. Specifically Silvermist, though the other fairies are on the list as well. She had talked about a Disney Cruise as well, but I'm almost positive the fairies don't make regular appearances on the cruise, is that right? The fairies were by far more important than the cruise, so I want to make sure we're sending her to the right place.

Now, to find fairy and princess dresses for a variety of wishes. Anyone know if they make princess dresses out of materials that are very easy on the skin for size 6-8 ish? It would also help if it was something that could be put on from the front rather than having to be stepped in to.
In my experience, no fairies for meet and greets on cruises. much higher likelihood in Magic Kingdom.

People with kids with sensory issues have had good luck with the soft 'nightgown' type princess dresses, but I think they still go over the head or pull up.

Quote:

Peace and blessings.

Nathan
Welcome, Nathan and family
Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #1665
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgrove4 View Post
Lindababe is so right, the weather can be iffy no matter WHAT season...be as prepared as you can and just relax/savor...it is going to be the best trip of your life! Also remember, it will NOT be perfect, things WILL happen. Just try to roll with it all and remember this is a wish trip, magic is already happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter47 View Post

This type of costume is one of my faves! My girls have used them in a variety of sizes/styles through the years and we LOVE them!!! They are soft and silky on the skin. They both have sensory issues and my wish princess has multiple scars on her chest/abdomen and these don't hurt! I have used this seller many times with great success.
Quote:

Peace and blessings.

Nathan
Welcome to you (and all of the new Wishtrippers on this thread)!!! You will learn so much here and it is exciting to see all of the activity happening here since Maroo has been back! SO glad you have all found this wonderful thread!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: