Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #1561
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
bought shirts to make tye dye mickey shirts but not the dye this week.

made a tutu for the stuffed bear Molly is attached to, going to make one for Molly too to bring to GKTW for parties

Made a count down calendar! I am going to give both girls small gifts on the x10 days, and I even have some of those gifts!

and sitting at the girls dance class today I decided to make a bunch of chinese knotted friendship bracelets with "wish" on them and ordered some mickey head beads. going to give them out to people at GKTW and in the parks. that should keep me busy during all the rehersals coming up.
Wow sounds like you are a project mommy like me I love the idea of the bracelets that is so sweet and the matching tutus That will be so cute. I was contemplating making some the Mickey shirts as well. I havent tie dyed since college though so wasnt sure if I had the skills still lol. There are some amazing disigners on here that made some pics for iron ons I am making for the kids. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought shirts while they were 30% off. I just need to order to iron ons now and get to making them I have to stay busy in order to hold in my excitement. Sounds like you might have that problem too Hope you guys have a wonderful trip. What are your dates?

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 07-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #1562
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
That is really good to know! I had no idea that they would do the dolphin wishes!

I would DEFINITELY get her a wheelchair. Does she have one you can bring? The airport, around GKTW, etc...all of that walking may really wear her out.

If you don't have one - PM me and I can give you the name and number for a company down there that has child sized folding wheelchairs (better than getting adult size at Disney) and they really try to give Wish Families a huge break on renting those.

AWESOME!!!!

Joining you in praying that the dates work out perfectly for you guys!!

I tend to worry too much about stuff like this and end up finding that they don't give you too much problem about stuff like this. If you bring the original box where you got the meds and a copy of the prescription, you should be totally fine.

And I saw your comment later about just using the US version - I would definitely NOT change any meds at all on your trip - there will be so many variables anyway with the traveling that you won't want more things to be different.

So where do we go to get the spreadsheets that you were talking about? these sound very helpful

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #1563
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavandGraciesMommy View Post
So where do we go to get the spreadsheets that you were talking about? these sound very helpful
Hello!

You can just send me a PM -

I generally need some info including:

Your dates
Where you are staying (GKTW? or somewhere else)

Anything you already have planned (ex: We are going to be at MK on Monday to do lunch...) anything like that.

Also - you can tell me how long you plan to spend at each park - (MK, AK full day, DHS/Epcot half day each, US one day, Sea World one day)... stuff like that...

If you are staying at GKTW - which night parties are you interested in?

And what nighttime Disney things are you interested in? Wishes? Electric Parade? Fantasmic... Etc...

Anything like that will help me do a planner for you!

I put crowd scores on there from Touringplans.com - so you will have an idea of what they expect for crowds - and I include the "best parks" advice that they have for each day.

And I will need an email address to send it to. I usually create it in Excel.

And ALL wish families are welcomed to ask me for one! Just send me a PM. I usually try to do them in a week or so...
Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #1564
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

projects

Quote:
Wow sounds like you are a project mommy like me I love the idea of the bracelets that is so sweet and the matching tutus That will be so cute. I was contemplating making some the Mickey shirts as well. I havent tie dyed since college though so wasnt sure if I had the skills still lol. There are some amazing disigners on here that made some pics for iron ons I am making for the kids. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought shirts while they were 30% off. I just need to order to iron ons now and get to making them I have to stay busy in order to hold in my excitement. Sounds like you might have that problem too Hope you guys have a wonderful trip. What are your dates?
Yeah, I need t do stuff or I just sit and worry. On the other hand I dont like to clean the house!
we leave October 19!

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #1565
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
sounds like a lot of good projects! when are you guys coming to GKTW, so that I can keep an eye out for you? I'm there at least one day every week as a volunteer.
October 19 to 24 th. we should be easy to spot, both my girls are adopted from China

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #1566
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
October 19 to 24 th. we should be easy to spot, both my girls are adopted from China
This is a picture of Daniel...he is typically in a Wizard Robe and is a very nice guy! (Don't worry, he has let me post them before).

GREAT dates! We were there this past October 13 to 23.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #1567
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yeah, I need t do stuff or I just sit and worry. On the other hand I dont like to clean the house!
we leave October 19!
I hear you! I have been a mess. I am up and the down and everywhere in between. I was telling another mom on here I had to explain to my daughter what "happy tears" were the other day because I have been so emotional. I am running out of things to prepare though This weekend I washed every blanket in our house just to have something to do lol. Gavin needs them to be washed with some bleach every once in a while for sanitary purposes to avoid respitory issues so I guess I am just ahead of the game since i had just done it lol I am glad I am not the only mom that is anxious... You worry about doctors appointments and hospital stays and so on so to have something positive coming up... you want everything to be perfect. It looks like you guys will be coming in as we are leaving. I hope you have an awesome trip.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #1568
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Hello!

You can just send me a PM -

I generally need some info including:

Your dates
Where you are staying (GKTW? or somewhere else)

Anything you already have planned (ex: We are going to be at MK on Monday to do lunch...) anything like that.

Also - you can tell me how long you plan to spend at each park - (MK, AK full day, DHS/Epcot half day each, US one day, Sea World one day)... stuff like that...

If you are staying at GKTW - which night parties are you interested in?

And what nighttime Disney things are you interested in? Wishes? Electric Parade? Fantasmic... Etc...

Anything like that will help me do a planner for you!

I put crowd scores on there from Touringplans.com - so you will have an idea of what they expect for crowds - and I include the "best parks" advice that they have for each day.

And I will need an email address to send it to. I usually create it in Excel.

And ALL wish families are welcomed to ask me for one! Just send me a PM. I usually try to do them in a week or so...
Thank you!!! I sent you a PM. My email is latashacardenas@hotmail.com. Thanks again for all your help

Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #1569
countrygirl824
i love disneyworld (:

Hi i'm shelby. My mom used to get on here but she died. I wanted to say i'm on the make a wish because I have seizures and I like the make a wish to.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #1570
mdfalls
Spencer's Make A Wish Trip!!! <3 8/15/12 - 8/21/12

Quote:
Thank you!!! I sent you a PM. My email is latashacardenas@hotmail.com. Thanks again for all your help
I'm pretty sure we don't have time to do this for our trip, we leave in two weeks, but what a great idea!

Visit our family blog!
http://debbieandthetribe.blogspot.co...our-tribe.html
Old 07-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #1571
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Our wish granters are coming to our house on Aug 18th -
Both of our wish granters are guys. I was wondering if anyone had given their wish granters cards or something your children made. They are now going to be part of a very important memory and I just wanted to say thank you to them in some very small way. Cheesy or nice?

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23
Old 07-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #1572
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post
Our wish granters are coming to our house on Aug 18th -
Both of our wish granters are guys. I was wondering if anyone had given their wish granters cards or something your children made. They are now going to be part of a very important memory and I just wanted to say thank you to them in some very small way. Cheesy or nice?
YAY!!!!! Soooo excited for you!!! I think that it would be nice to give them a card or something. I know that others have not had good luck witht hat but I will let them chime in. We did not give a card or anything but are going to when they meet with us the next time to thank them for everything!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #1573
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
YAY!!!!! Soooo excited for you!!! I think that it would be nice to give them a card or something. I know that others have not had good luck witht hat but I will let them chime in. We did not give a card or anything but are going to when they meet with us the next time to thank them for everything!
Hmmm...I wonder if they have a policy that says no "gifts" to be accepted? I was just going to do the "home-made" (aka:kids draw on white computer paper) card, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23
Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #1574
mdfalls

I'm sure that if your child made them something with a homemade card, they could probably accept that. (think something like a carnation made out of tissue paper with a card). Even if they can't accept "gifts" that is really more like a thank you card type thing and not a monetary gift.

Visit our family blog!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #1575
mdfalls

another idea is you can mail the a postcard from disney when you go....mail it to them c/o your make a wish chapter and I bet they would get it! :-)

Visit our family blog!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: