Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #1486
connie005
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavandGraciesMommy View Post
Hello all! I am looking for some help. We would like Gavin to be able to attendthe Mickey's Not So scary Halloween Party when we are at Disney. We did not mention this to our volunteers whent hey came because we did not even think about it. Gavin has never really been trick or treating because when we tried to take him he would have fits wanting to go into people's houses and explore (even at trunk or treating he wants to sit in all the cars). So we thought this would be the perfect place/ oppurtunity for him to really trick or treat without that issue. So back to my point. The tickets are way too expensive for us to afford but I heard there are discount codes and stuff out there for them. Does anyone know about these or if GKTW supplies them?
When Amandas volunteers visited she wished for disneyworld but a week after she was looking at the disney site and saw mnsshp and she asked me to call our volunteers back and see if we could go to that (because the previous year she missed halloween) after a week they came back to us with dates for our trip and advised us that we were also granted mnsshp.

so my advice is call them back and ask
Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #1487
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie005 View Post
When Amandas volunteers visited she wished for disneyworld but a week after she was looking at the disney site and saw mnsshp and she asked me to call our volunteers back and see if we could go to that (because the previous year she missed halloween) after a week they came back to us with dates for our trip and advised us that we were also granted mnsshp.

so my advice is call them back and ask
Awesome! Our volunteers are on vacation for the next two weeks but I did email the wish coordinator for our area on Thursday to see if it would be possible. I guess we will se Glad your little girl got her wish

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #1488
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello all! I am looking for some help. We would like Gavin to be able to attendthe Mickey's Not So scary Halloween Party when we are at Disney. We did not mention this to our volunteers whent hey came because we did not even think about it. Gavin has never really been trick or treating because when we tried to take him he would have fits wanting to go into people's houses and explore (even at trunk or treating he wants to sit in all the cars). So we thought this would be the perfect place/ oppurtunity for him to really trick or treat without that issue. So back to my point. The tickets are way too expensive for us to afford but I heard there are discount codes and stuff out there for them. Does anyone know about these or if GKTW supplies them?
Depends on your arrival/departure day, there will also be trick or treating at GKTW as well on Monday night. Lots of candy stations and crafts. It is a lot of fun and anyone can wear a costume if they want to. GKTW normally doesn't have tickets to MNSSHP.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #1489
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmomto3 View Post
Hi, I'm Jessica. I'm wife to Vidal and mommy to Cristian, 11; Jaden, 7; and Logan, 4. Logan is our wish kiddo. He was born in renal failure but wasn't diagnosed until a month old. He started dialysis at 5 months and received a kidney from a deceased donor at 18 months. The best call of our lives. He will celebrate his 3rd kidney-versary September 4. He was approved for a MAW trip to DisneyWorld. . Right now we are scheduled at GKTW in Nov but my husband feels like we should wait another year so our son will remember it more. I'm feeling inpatient. .

And in other news, Karen (matthew's mom) is one of my best buddies.
I am so glad you guys are going to Disney on a Wish Trip!! You will have such an amazing time!

That will be hard to decide - waiting or not!

Quote:
Hello all! I am looking for some help. We would like Gavin to be able to attend the Mickey's Not So scary Halloween Party when we are at Disney. We did not mention this to our volunteers when they came because we did not even think about it. Gavin has never really been trick or treating because when we tried to take him he would have fits wanting to go into people's houses and explore (even at trunk or treating he wants to sit in all the cars). So we thought this would be the perfect place/ oppurtunity for him to really trick or treat without that issue. So back to my point. The tickets are way too expensive for us to afford but I heard there are discount codes and stuff out there for them. Does anyone know about these or if GKTW supplies them?
GKTW does not supply them.

They DO have a Halloween party at GKTW, though - where he could go trick or treating and some may say it is pretty awesome and may even be the better thing to do, if you can't get tickets.

Most MAW chapters will add one special "event" to your trip - for some girls it is BBB makeover or Pirate makeover or a special meal - but MNSSHP would be a great way for the MAW chapter to add something special to your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter47 View Post
Also, hi!

I'm coming at this thread from a little different perspective - I'm a volunteer with MaW and have been with several chapters over several years. I've done a ton of Disney wishes as well as others and can answer questions you guys might have about some of the behind the scenes type questions.

Plus I love reading all the stories, since I send all my families off and get to see the pictures but usually don't get quite the detailed recaps that you guys have here on the trip threads!
I am SOOOO glad you are here!!! It would be GREAT to have someone from a more inside prespective! So glad you are here!!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #1490
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Trevor is wanting to do his wish over Star Wars Weekend. Since I have never been to Star Wars Weekend let alone Disney World I was wondering if this is something that could be done in a day? Or to do everything do you need to be there all 3 days? I want to start planning now but it seems so far away I'm not sure how much I should really discuss with Trevor yet. That seems like an even longer time to a 7 year old!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #1491
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

We received notification that Gavin's dates were approved. So we will be going on October 14th. They did ask us since his wish is to meet Lightning McQueen, if he woudl rather go to Disneyland to CarsLand because Lightning talks there. Any opinions? I thought the talking might actually scare him some because it looks like it can be kind of loud. Also he has mentioned zebras and fish a couple of times so I was thinking he would like Animal Kingdom. The volunteers said it was our decision. They also said that he could do the MNSSHP They said they would add it to his paperwork... so now to find him a costume....

Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #1492
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
Trevor is wanting to do his wish over Star Wars Weekend. Since I have never been to Star Wars Weekend let alone Disney World I was wondering if this is something that could be done in a day? Or to do everything do you need to be there all 3 days? I want to start planning now but it seems so far away I'm not sure how much I should really discuss with Trevor yet. That seems like an even longer time to a 7 year old!

Jackie
We just happened to be there during SWW a few years ago so I hadn't planned anything and unless he wants to try to meet each character it won't take more than a few hours. I think the most time consuming part is waiting around to meet certain characters. I'm not sure if the GKTW button will work to your advantage with these particular characters .. but it might. I believe you'll be able to access a time schedule as the SWW's get closer and you can look to see who will be there at what time. There's also shows and stuff too at certain times. This is a link to last years schedule of each weekends events to give you an idea of how you might want to plan .. http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/

You're going to have a great time !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #1493
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We received notification that Gavin's dates were approved. So we will be going on October 14th. They did ask us since his wish is to meet Lightning McQueen, if he woudl rather go to Disneyland to CarsLand because Lightning talks there. Any opinions? I thought the talking might actually scare him some because it looks like it can be kind of loud. Also he has mentioned zebras and fish a couple of times so I was thinking he would like Animal Kingdom. The volunteers said it was our decision. They also said that he could do the MNSSHP They said they would add it to his paperwork... so now to find him a costume....
I think it's hard to compare the 2 Disney parks .. each one is SO unique ! WDW has a lot to offer as far as parks and activities. Plus you get to stay at GKTW, which is an experience in itself ! BUT .. there's a lot to be said about Disneyland as well, especially with the addition of Cars Land. We are planning a trip there in October because Jayden really want's to see Cars Land .. but we've done WDW enough not to feel like we are missing out on anything.
It's a tough decision .. but either way, it's Disney and you will all have a great time !

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #1494
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
We just happened to be there during SWW a few years ago so I hadn't planned anything and unless he wants to try to meet each character it won't take more than a few hours. I think the most time consuming part is waiting around to meet certain characters. I'm not sure if the GKTW button will work to your advantage with these particular characters .. but it might. I believe you'll be able to access a time schedule as the SWW's get closer and you can look to see who will be there at what time. There's also shows and stuff too at certain times. This is a link to last years schedule of each weekends events to give you an idea of how you might want to plan .. http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/

You're going to have a great time !
Thanks for the info! I hadn't really looked into it before. It looks like there isn't a whole lot of stuff going on. I know Trev wants to meet some of the characters. Hopefully the button would work for us I know he really wants to do the Jedi training and trivia. I told Trev we would wait until the flyer came out for the 2013 Star Wars Weekend and then he can decide exactly what he wants to do. Just in case anything changes

Thanks!
Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 07-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #1495
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome! Our volunteers are on vacation for the next two weeks but I did email the wish coordinator for our area on Thursday to see if it would be possible. I guess we will se Glad your little girl got her wish
Have you considered Sea World? They have Spooktacular on the weekends in October. It is during the day and included in the price of admission. And they have trick or treating.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #1496
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post

Jackie
I think it can definitely be done in a day!

I went to Star Wars weekend with two friends in May one year and we had a blast!

There are a lot of awesome characters there - I loved seeing the Ewoks and would have loved to "meet" them!

Quote:
Are you guys staying at Give Kids the World? If are staying there - then that alone is worth going to Disney World rather than Disneyland.

I think he may need some "preparation" that Lightning McQueen is sick or something and can't talk - ?? I don't know... because I would not want him to meet him and be upset that he didn't say anything??

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Have you considered Sea World? They have Spooktacular on the weekends in October. It is during the day and included in the price of admission. And they have trick or treating.
That is a good idea!!

I should probably link to some pictures of that on here....??
Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #1497
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

I feel like I've been neglectful for not being more active on here. My oldest is on a three week break from us (he deserves it) out of state, and between work and Talia's needs, there is just no time. That boy calls to check on his sister every day though, couldn't have asked for a better son. So anyway, still waiting impatiently on our dates, but it's only been a month. I do have a question though, let's say Talia's on a feeding break for an hour and a half or so, can the boys still get front of the line action while she and I are taking care of business? Just curious.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #1498
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
So anyway, still waiting impatiently on our dates, but it's only been a month. I do have a question though, let's say Talia's on a feeding break for an hour and a half or so, can the boys still get front of the line action while she and I are taking care of business? Just curious.
Hope you hear soon !

As far as using the GAC card without Talia, it depends on the CM. Some ask who the person on the card is.

Come check out ..
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #1499
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Oh here I am again with more questions.... We were wondering, I heard there are "wish lounges" in some of the parks for the wish families to take breaks. Is this true? And if so would this be a good place for the kids to take a short nap if tired?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #1500
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
I feel like I've been neglectful for not being more active on here. My oldest is on a three week break from us (he deserves it) out of state, and between work and Talia's needs, there is just no time. That boy calls to check on his sister every day though, couldn't have asked for a better son. So anyway, still waiting impatiently on our dates, but it's only been a month. I do have a question though, let's say Talia's on a feeding break for an hour and a half or so, can the boys still get front of the line action while she and I are taking care of business? Just curious.
Hello!!!

So sweet of your son to check to her sister!

Where are you guys staying? Are you staying at GKTW?

Usually - on a wish trip - CM's will let siblings use a GAC. Wish Trip GAC's have a special symbol that means something to the CM's and they are issued by GKTW, which is also marked on the GAC.

In 2008 - when we went - we sometimes split up and took Lauren to take care of her needs and sent her Dad and little brother to ride some rides. I think *once* they were told they couldn't. Every time William said, "My sister is on a wish trip, can I use this?" to the CM and every time they said YES!

Of all of the TR's I have read - a very few have said that it would not work on a ride - but most said it worked most of the time they split up!

I don't recommend "pretending" it belongs to someone else - be honest with the CM and they usually will a wish family get through the queue as quickly as possible. Generally speaking, Disney does not want the family of a wish child to stand in line for an hour and make the wish child wait - that is just as bad as making them wait in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Hope you hear soon !

As far as using the GAC card without Talia, it depends on the CM. Some ask who the person on the card is.
I will add, too - that "regular" GAC's usually do not transfer - so it has to be the special wish trip GAC to "work" this way...usually.

Quote:
Oh here I am again with more questions.... We were wondering, I heard there are "wish lounges" in some of the parks for the wish families to take breaks. Is this true? And if so would this be a good place for the kids to take a short nap if tired?
YES!

There is one in the Magic Kingdom...I am going to ask "Robo" to make us a map!!

The one in Magic Kingdom is right next to the First Aid station, which is next to Casey's and near Crystal Palace. There are RED umbrellas over near the First Aid station and the Wish Lounge is close by.

There WAS one in Epcot...two, actually...the one in Test Track closed (I *think*) - but there is still one in Spaceship Earth.

You will get the "codes" you need to enter these VIP lounges in your GKTW information that you get at Orientation. And I think they will have a map.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: