Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #752
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Happy Belated Birthday Tom!!!!
The car looks toooooooo cool!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #753
alpinemouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Happy Belated birthday Tom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Tom!!!!
The car looks toooooooo cool!!!
Thank you !!

TR 2012: If we can dream it, we can do it ...... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

alpinemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #754
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Karin, I'm so sorry I've been gone from the boards for so long! This new job is kicking my butt (in a good way)! I just don't have much energy to do anything when I get home.

I've missed all your updates and haven't read any yet, but I wanted you to know I'm still here.

I may not be on the boards much, but hey, it least it means I'll money for Disney trips. I have official paid time off in November and December that I'm planning trips for.
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #755
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Happy Belated Birthday Tom!!!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #756
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
Karin, I'm so sorry I've been gone from the boards for so long! This new job is kicking my butt (in a good way)! I just don't have much energy to do anything when I get home.

I've missed all your updates and haven't read any yet, but I wanted you to know I'm still here.

I may not be on the boards much, but hey, it least it means I'll money for Disney trips. I have official paid time off in November and December that I'm planning trips for.
Welcome back, Abby!
It's good to hear that your new job is keeping you busy. I so understand not having too much energy for anything else once you get some time off.
Come back when you feel ready, as long as you continue going to see Mickey!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #757
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Here's just a little real life update.

I have officially been on Easter vacation since last Friday and will continue to do so until Wednesday next week!

Unfortunately I have been "car"less since last Saturday too. My car needed to have its annual check-up and since I don't really need it while on vacation, it had to go to the garage. I also have sensors installed that sound off an alarm when getting to close to something while driving in reverse.
It's not that I cannot drive in reverse , but I have been assigned a parking spot in our courtyard and it is very tiny and I either have to back in or out. Lighting isn't at its best when I get home late or have to leave early, so having the sensor installed is just a little added security.
We will be able to pick up my car today!

Friday night we both watched the Disney Magic pass the Disney Fantasy (from the webcam) while they sailed past each other.
It was fun to see all the CMs on the Magic out on deck taking photos of the Fantasy!

On Saturday we both sat glued to the computer screen again, as we watched the Disney Fantasy going out of Port Canaveral on her Maiden Voyage. What a sight!

I have done a lot of planning for our upcoming visit to DLRP and hope to be posting about pretty soon. It was nice to see that they at least have released show schedules for the first week of April, and since the park opening times are the same for when we are there, we should be fine. Since there are a few new things, this should be a vacation of a different kind, trying to fit in as much as possible.

I also have started making plans for our summer vacation and hope to be able to post the first few days pretty soon.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #758
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Cool picutres Karin!

We were very fortunate on our recent cruise and were able to see the Fantasy three times! And we were on the Dream. It was so cool.

The first time we saw the Fantasy was on our pirate night. We got double the fireworks because the Dream set hers off then the Fantasy did their's. Woo Hoo!

Then the next day we saw her twice. Once while she was docked at CC. It was our sea day and we floated by and the ships had a horn battle. Then that night as we were sailing around the Fantasy cruised by us on her way back to Port Canaveral. They said that that was the closest you would ever see two ships sail so close together. It was pure elation to see the ships like that.

Who knew that two years ago when we booked this cruise that we would see this unexpected pairing. It was a really once in a lifetime experience. And I am so glad we were a part of it.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #759
alpinemouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Tom!!!
Thank You!!

TR 2012: If we can dream it, we can do it ...... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

alpinemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #760
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful ship!

I don't blame you for getting the sensors on your car! I bet it will be nice to get it back today!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #761
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Cool picutres Karin!

We were very fortunate on our recent cruise and were able to see the Fantasy three times! And we were on the Dream. It was so cool.

The first time we saw the Fantasy was on our pirate night. We got double the fireworks because the Dream set hers off then the Fantasy did their's. Woo Hoo!

Then the next day we saw her twice. Once while she was docked at CC. It was our sea day and we floated by and the ships had a horn battle. Then that night as we were sailing around the Fantasy cruised by us on her way back to Port Canaveral. They said that that was the closest you would ever see two ships sail so close together. It was pure elation to see the ships like that.

Who knew that two years ago when we booked this cruise that we would see this unexpected pairing. It was a really once in a lifetime experience. And I am so glad we were a part of it.
OMG!!!!!!!! I didn't realize you were on THAT cruise. There were lots of videos all over the internet of the DREAM and FANTASY meeting!
Lucky girl!!!!!!!
The fireworks at sea from both ships looked soooooo cool and I loved the sight of both ships at CC! You must have been thrilled.
Tom and I want to drive over to Port Canaveral to see the Fantasy cruise out during our summer vacation, but your experience was just awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What a beautiful ship!

I don't blame you for getting the sensors on your car! I bet it will be nice to get it back today!
All the Disney ships are so beautiful! But it was so emotional to see her sail out on her very first "real" cruise!

I just drove home and used the new sensors for the first time. It will take some time getting used to. It makes me more nervous than helping me so far, but I guess with time I will get better and more used to the "beeping".

Old 04-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #763
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Did you see this picture. I think it was cozumel. The Fantasy and Magic were both there. It looks like the Fantasy had a baby.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...87006782_n.jpg
OMG ...... what an amazing photo! Thanks for posting the link, Jen!

Tom and I are following the ships on Marine tracker, so we knew they were both there, but I didn't know there was a photo.
How cute, the classic ship looks tiny against the new one!

Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #764
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Plans for our trip to Disneyland Paris

Day 1 (hopefully), Friday April 27

UPDATE ..... April 14:
Day 1 of our trip was cancelled because we could not get an evening flight out. So our trip will actually only start on April 28!

There is a hopefully, because we weren't able to book our flights yet. I want to use airmiles, but in order to even save on them I can only book 2 weeks prior to departure.
So, if everything works out these are our plans.

Tom will have to work, he starts at 4am and hopefully (again) will be home by around 1pm.
I start work at 10 and will be home by 2.15pm.

Once home we will have a very quick lunch

and then leave for the airport. There are two evening flights and we hope to be able to catch the earlier one of them.

There is a short layover in Frankfurt and then we should be on the way to Paris.

While I wait for our luggage, Tom will pick up our rental car.

By time we have everything loaded in our rental car, it should be around 11 - 11.30pm.
We will then just drive to a hotel right off the airport, to spend the night.

I guess since it will have been a pretty long day by then, we will just fall into bed and go to sleep.

Last edited by dizneeat; 04-14-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #765
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

That will be a long day. Travel days always are though, aren't they.

It must be nearing dinner time for me though... cause after reading your updates... just the picture of that sesame bun makes my mouth water. YUM!!! I do so love sesame buns.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: