Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #151
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great pics of the suite - it looks very nice.
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #152
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That looks like a nice room. It has a modern feel...kind of makes me think of the Contemporary
It was pretty nice and well equipped. Most of the "suite" rooms look like this, no frills, but clean and everything you need. We will definitely return if the price is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I am so jealous, but so happy that you decided to do the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. I am hoping to get on there but it will have to wait for a few years. DH wants to try other cruise lines before he books Disney again.
Don't be jealous, you just got off the DREAM and you will be back on a cruiseship pretty soon!
The thing with Disney is, they are pretty expensive. I signed up with several cruiselines for special deals and offers and Disney is about twice the price of them all. But you cannot beat the service .... and I jst love the Disney brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Looks like a nice big room!
We really enjoyed it. A kitchenette is not the norm in a European hotel room, so this was pretty special. And the price was MORE than right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Karin, when I saw you "paid a visit to the restroom" I thought it said you "paid to visit the restroom" Of course I have seen pay toilets at times - my son used to call them "quarter potties."

Your hotel looks nice. Looking forward to your Park days.
Paying to visit the restroom is a regular thing here in Europe - you will find those "pay toilets" a lot in many countries.
But no, we did not pay, just visited!

It was a really nice hotel, still very new, I think they only opened last year and it was clean and a very affordable price. Guess we will be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great pics of the suite - it looks very nice.
We were pretty happy with it. Tom and I like to rent those "suites", as they offer a kitchenette and we do not really want to eat out every night, especially in France where they have a lot of VERY tasty regular food, like baguette and cheese!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #153
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lots of new stuff - Part 1

The alarm went off at 6.30 and we just could not drag ourselves out of bed. We slept for another hour, then got up, took showers and got our park backpack ready and headed out the door.
When I had planned the trip I had wanted to push it and get in for the Morning Extra Magic Hours from 8 until 10am, but after the long day the day before we just couldn't manage. Since our favourite bakery only opens at 7.30 and it would have taken too long to go shopping we decided to drive to the Disney Village. We arrived at the parking structure early and found a spot on the ground level, then we walked over to the attendant's office, asked if the annual passholder special was still in place and since it was, paid our two Euros and left the structure.
We had to walk all around the Disney Village

in order to get in and most of the way back to the very back of the village to get to our desired breakfast location, the newly opened Earl of Sandwich.

We checked the menu outside,

then entered and walked right up to the register to order.

None of us wanted a hot drink, so we got two Diet Cokes and waited for our order to be prepared. When we sat down I took a look at the receipt and found that our order showed only one of our two ordered sandwiches. So I walked back and reordered the second sandwich, got a second buzzer and sat with Tom until our breakfast arrived.

We had ordered two sandwiches to share,

the Breakfast BLT, bacon, lettuce, Roma tomatoes and seasoned mayonnaise and

the Bacon, Egg'n'Cheddar sandwich. We both preferred the Breakfast BLT, which was much tastier. Since we both thought we would be hungrier we had picked up two sweet treats as well.

Tom had chosen

a Brownie, which was soft and gooey and nice and I had ordered

the Breadpudding, which I didn't like at all, since it was very dry and lacked some flavour.
When we had finished our breakfast we knew we weren't going to make it to the park with lots of time for Extra Magic Hours, so we decided to stroll through the shops and have a look at merchandise.

To our huge surprise there was lots of new merchandise and it took us longer than usual to get from one end of the village to the other, but shortly before 10am we made it to the entrance of the parks.

The bag check line for Disneyland Park was huge, so we walked a few steps over to the Studios bag check line, got through the check point and then just walked over to Disneyland Park.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #154
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Jenseib referred me to your TR since you're at DLP and I'm planning my trip there in March 2012! Thanks for sharing - great pictures so far! I can't wait to see more!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #155
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Jenseib referred me to your TR since you're at DLP and I'm planning my trip there in March 2012! Thanks for sharing - great pictures so far! I can't wait to see more!
I am glad, Jennifer pointed you my way ..... she is a sweetheart!

And I am happy to hear that you enjoy the trip report so far. We just took a weekend trip to DLRP, but have been often and are AP holders, so if you have any questions about the parks, just let me know, I would love to help you plan your trip.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #156
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am glad, Jennifer pointed you my way ..... she is a sweetheart!

And I am happy to hear that you enjoy the trip report so far. We just took a weekend trip to DLRP, but have been often and are AP holders, so if you have any questions about the parks, just let me know, I would love to help you plan your trip.
Thank you! I am sure I will have lots of questions. Right now we plan to spend 5 nights at the Hotel New York, but will be going into the city to sight see a few days too. I'm hoping we can do all we want in the parks in 2 days. Since we don't go on the big thrill rides, do you think that's feasible?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #157
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I am sure I will have lots of questions. Right now we plan to spend 5 nights at the Hotel New York, but will be going into the city to sight see a few days too. I'm hoping we can do all we want in the parks in 2 days. Since we don't go on the big thrill rides, do you think that's feasible?
You are very welcome to ask as many questions as you want!

As for your stay - is there a special reason why you chose the Hotel New York? It is the least "magical" of all their hotels. I would rather stay at the Newport Bay or the Sequoia if you want a more deluxe hotel.
If you have kids, the hotel Cheyenne is the most fun - a Western village!
All the hotels have a bus service, but are EASY walking distance!

As for two days - if you do not travel during a busy season it should be easy to do it, especially as you do not want to do the thrill rides.
Remember that if you are a resort guest, you can take advantage of their morning EMH (only at the Disneyland Park and ONLY morning - I have NEVER seen them offer evening EMH) usually from 8 - 10am. There is also a breakfast in the park option which is pretty nice.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #158
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You are very welcome to ask as many questions as you want!

As for your stay - is there a special reason why you chose the Hotel New York? It is the least "magical" of all their hotels. I would rather stay at the Newport Bay or the Sequoia if you want a more deluxe hotel.
If you have kids, the hotel Cheyenne is the most fun - a Western village!
All the hotels have a bus service, but are EASY walking distance!

As for two days - if you do not travel during a busy season it should be easy to do it, especially as you do not want to do the thrill rides.
Remember that if you are a resort guest, you can take advantage of their morning EMH (only at the Disneyland Park and ONLY morning - I have NEVER seen them offer evening EMH) usually from 8 - 10am. There is also a breakfast in the park option which is pretty nice.
Thank you - you are so helpful! Not sure why HNY. My DH was doing the leg work. Newport is also in the running (and would be cheaper too). I'm not sure that we're interested in Cheyenne. But the EMH would be great - we're usually pretty early risers.
The breakfast in the park - can that be in lieu of the hotel breakfast? Any specific place they have it in the park or can you choose?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #159
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you - you are so helpful! Not sure why HNY. My DH was doing the leg work. Newport is also in the running (and would be cheaper too). I'm not sure that we're interested in Cheyenne. But the EMH would be great - we're usually pretty early risers.
The breakfast in the park - can that be in lieu of the hotel breakfast? Any specific place they have it in the park or can you choose?
You are very welcome - I am happy to help.
If you are not set on HNY, then please go for Newport Bay (and maybe invest in a water view - there is a nice lake in front of it!)

EMH are EVERY day usually from 8 - 10am, but be warned, only Fantasyland and Discoveryland (= Tomorrowland) are open for it!

Breakfast is buffet at the Chalet des Marionette and instead of your hotel breakfast - you have to sign up for it beforehand though!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #160
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

It is so fun to see pictures of a brand new park (to me!). That Earl of Sandwich building is beautiful!

I think it's great that you are both so flexible with your schedule. It's nice that you were able to get a little more sleep and then take a relaxed pace in the morning. Can't wait to see more pictures!
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #161
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Great update. Looks like the Disney store there has some cute stuff!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #162
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Your suite looks very nice; love the red kitchen. How cool is that? The BLT looked super yummy, but I love BLTs. One of the best things about summer, in my opinion, when the tomatoes are fresh here. And I love that grey Mickey sweatshirt, too!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #163
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Nice looking suite

Stitchy merchandise!!! Too cute

So how does the French version of EoS compare to the US version?

Congrats on your Eastern Caribbean cruise, so exciting
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #164
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
It is so fun to see pictures of a brand new park (to me!). That Earl of Sandwich building is beautiful!

I think it's great that you are both so flexible with your schedule. It's nice that you were able to get a little more sleep and then take a relaxed pace in the morning. Can't wait to see more pictures!
It always amazes me to see how similar the parks are and then they are yet so different (if that makes sense ).
When we last went to Paris they were just starting building works on the new EoS and we were SO looking forward to eating there - we were missing something like EoS in Paris. Now, if they added a WPE to the Disney Village I might consider moving there!

The thing with being flexible with a schedule is that we get to go often (and stay for an extended time at least in the US parks) so we do not need to fit everything into that one visit ..... there will always be a next one and usually it is already in the planning stages when we visit.
And then we have already done all the rides and we don't mind not riding something if the wait would be too long. So much else to see and do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Great update. Looks like the Disney store there has some cute stuff!
Thanks, Ann.
We were absolutely amazed as they had a lot of new merchandise and we loved finding those new things.
They do have different stuff than the ones in the US too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Your suite looks very nice; love the red kitchen. How cool is that? The BLT looked super yummy, but I love BLTs. One of the best things about summer, in my opinion, when the tomatoes are fresh here. And I love that grey Mickey sweatshirt, too!
We were pretty happy with the room. The "hotel" is relatively new and there weren't too many photos around, so we were not too sure on what to expect. But we felt right at home in there.
I loved the kitchen too and you could "pull out" the table too. We would go back there in a heartbeat!

They had some cute merchandise and there is a HUGE chance that a special little Mr. Max could be the proud owner of a DLRP T-shirt by the end of March. (That is if I do not forget to pack it! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Nice looking suite

Stitchy merchandise!!! Too cute

So how does the French version of EoS compare to the US version?

Congrats on your Eastern Caribbean cruise, so exciting
It was a pretty nice room, with a wonderfully peacefully view out over the resort from the balcony!

There was lots more Stitch merchandise! The French seem to love him - so many fun things with him on it! Bring an empty suitcase when you next visit, so you can take a lot of Stitchy things home!

Apart from the French descriptions EoS is exactly the same as in the US! We really enjoyed it!
In the US WPE ALWAYS wins over EoS and here in Paris it is our favourite option - comfort food ...... and at least the name reminds us of Britain!

Old 10-29-2011, 02:20 AM   #165
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lots of new stuff - Part 2

The bag check line for Disneyland Park was huge, so we walked a few steps over to the Studios bag check line, got through the check point and then just walked back over to Disneyland Park.

We always use the entry on the far right because there are less people and this is where we went. The skies were blue, we were in a really good mood and within a few minutes we were back at another Disney park.

There were quite a few people in the main square but then we saw the double decker bus pulling up and we decided to get in line and hitch a ride to the hub. We were pretty lucky to get the last two seats on the right side of the upper deck and enjoyed our leisurely trip to the castle.

Once we had gotten off, we decided to walk through the castle

and have a look at the Christmas Store inside the castle.
Our next stop was the sweets shop

and then we walked towards Adventureland.

The Indiana Jones ride was closed and so we headed on over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The standby line was 80 minutes and that is just too much for me, so we picked up a Fastpass, which was good for around midday. We were still discussing what to do and on our way over to Phantom Manor when we realized that the Riverboat was just loading passengers and so we got in line and got on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: