Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #136
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Karin I would love to try one of those Milka Tenders!! I can only imagine how good they must be! Mick and I love Milka bars, we are so happy we can get them at our local Walmart now.

Wish we could figure out a way to get to see you in NC. Our DD lives in NC near Charlotte which is 6 hours from us. You never know?
Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #137
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read all about DLRP!!!

I am always amazed at your airline snacks! Yum
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #138
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the yummy airline snack

Can't wait to hear more about your DLRP trip
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #139
elaine1109
Mouseketeer

Smile

Karin, Just saw that you mentioned there is a possibility of visiting Raleigh on one of your trips. Would love to meet up with you and Tom if that becomes a reality one day!! I will just have to keep reading your trip reports!! (As if I don't already) Elaine
elaine1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #141
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That is the thing I hate about transfers...I worry about making it to the next. You don't want to wait all day at an airport to transfer, but then you don't want to cut it too close either. I know it's not always possible, but whe nI can I look for direct flights. I have been pricing out flight to California, and I think t here is only 1 airline that flies directly near us...and of course it's expensive to have that luxury.
I can't wait to hear more!
There is no other way for us to fly out of here. We would either have to go to Vienna or Munich to catch a direct flight and I doubt there is a non stop one out of Vienna. Driving 200 miles is just not what I want to do before or after such a long flight, so the stop over cannot be avoided!
As for flights to California, I checked for non stop from Orlando, but most of them have a stopover, so I plan on making a real stop over - 2 nights in Las Vegas. And even though this is only going to be in 2013, I have even checked into hotels there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Karin I would love to try one of those Milka Tenders!! I can only imagine how good they must be! Mick and I love Milka bars, we are so happy we can get them at our local Walmart now.

Wish we could figure out a way to get to see you in NC. Our DD lives in NC near Charlotte which is 6 hours from us. You never know?
They are really such a wonderful treat - I wish I could bring them with me to the US, but it is FAR too hot in the summer for them.
Milka is such a wonderful chocolate, isn't it ...... it's great you can get them in the US too!
So far we have not made any definite plans on when to do the East Coast trip, but I'll definitely let you all know about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I can't wait to read all about DLRP!!!

I am always amazed at your airline snacks! Yum
I wanted to update tonight, Ann, but my headmistress informed me this afternoon that I have to fill in for another teacher tomorrow and I had to prepare for my lessons instead.
But I will update as soon as I get enough time to do so! I promise!

Yes, our airplane snacks are really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the yummy airline snack

Can't wait to hear more about your DLRP trip
Considering that both flights were only 50 minutes long, the snacks were pretty good!

I hope to be able to post more about our DLRP trip tomorrow! Wish I had had more time today!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #142
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine1109 View Post
Karin, Just saw that you mentioned there is a possibility of visiting Raleigh on one of your trips. Would love to meet up with you and Tom if that becomes a reality one day!! I will just have to keep reading your trip reports!! (As if I don't already) Elaine
I guess we need to give that Raleigh trip more thought. So far we have only talked about it loosly, but we might have to seriously consider it!
And please, keep reading ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Karin, I don't know if this includes you or not, but did you see this?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...for-uk-guests/
Thank you, Jen, that is so sweet of you to think of us!
I have the same deal booked with Disney.co.uk (booked it back in early September), which I trust more than Virgin. I am not a huge fan of Virgin (not being a UK resident).
Since Virgin is pushing out their booking deadline, I guess Disney will do the same - the always have the same deals! We even got the spending money thrown in as well - can't remember how much.
On the other hand I do not like the 14 day ticket Virgin throws in, as it cannot be upgraded and we always use our tickets (7 day waterfun and more with hopper for the price of a 5 day) towards renewing our AP.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #143
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

YUM....European chocolate. Looks so yummy and sounds like the trip is off to a good start.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #144
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Even airline snacks are better in Europe! That Tender bar looks yummy.
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:46 AM   #145
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
YUM....European chocolate. Looks so yummy and sounds like the trip is off to a good start.
We were off to a perfect start to our short trip! And we were really happy to leave everyday life behind us and head towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
Even airline snacks are better in Europe! That Tender bar looks yummy.
They still have pretty yummy snacks on Lufthansa. Who can say no to a sweet treat?

Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 AM   #146
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Friday, October 7, 2011

Better late, than never - Part 2

Takes about 10 minutes to be driven up and down the airport and then finally we arrived at our destination. We used the escalator up to the main hall and were happy to see that our connecting flight was leaving from the same terminal.
So we had a look at the shops, paid a visit to the restroom and then it was time to finally get in line for our connecting flight. Boarding was easy and we rolled out on time and even took off on time.
About 10 minutes into the flight we were handed our snack packs,

which consisted of a small bottle of water,

a cream-cheese sandwich and

a Corny granola bar. They served drinks as well and we both got some Coke and then munched the sandwich and Corny bar.
The flight only takes about 55 minutes and it was soon time to prepare for landing. Just a short time later we were on our way to get off the plane and heading to baggage claim.
We decided that I would wait for our suitcase to appear while Tom would go and check in with Hertz for our rental car. I was amazed that actually after only 15 minutes they started delivering luggage and our suitcase was one of the first to be delivered. I took it off the carrousel and headed towards the rental car area. And while I was walking there I saw Tom walking towards me, paperwork in hand.
It was not even 10pm and we were all set to go! We took the first elevator to the parking lot and picked the wrong one. Took us a few minutes to figure out that we were in the wrong place and another few minutes later we had found our car and were loading our stuff into the trunk.
Tom fixed the GPS and we tried to put in the address, turns out the area is brand new and not in our GPS. Thank god, we had looked it up on google earth beforehand and knew where we had to go.
While we were driving along the motorway I remembered that the gas station where we wanted to buy drinks at DLRP didn't sell adult drinks later at night. So around 10.30 we turned into a service station along the way and were greeted by a few French policeman doing a car check. Once they had realized that we were tourists we were waved over to the gas station, then went inside and found that they only sold soft drinks as well. So we just picked up two large bottles of Diet Coke and walked back to the car and started back to the motorway to get to our hotel.
Around 11pm we arrived at our hotel, the Parks and Suites, Prestige Val d'Europe. We parked the car, grabbed the reservation confirmation and walked inside. There were two parties in front of us, but then it was our time to check in, which was quick and easy. Once we were checked in we went back for our luggage and made our way over to the elevator. We pressed the button for the second level and when the door opened again we got off. It was a bit funny because we were in suite 240 and all the numbers were below 100, but we were tired and longing for a place to crash. Tried the key card, didn't work, tried the key card again, this time upside down, didn't work. So we made our way back to the elevator, thinking we needed to go back to reception when it dawned on us ........ the kids that had gotten off the elevator might have pushed the wrong button and we hadn't gotten off at the correct floor. Back into the elevator, pushed 2 again and this time we were right. We walked down the corridor, put the key card in the lock and in we went. The suite was nice, a seperate bedroom and a pullout bed in the living room, a small kitchen with all the appliances and a bathroom with enough towels to get us through a two night's stay.

We unpacked, then had a sandwich and some Coke, watched a little TV and around 12.30am we finally got in bed.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #148
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I am so jealous, but so happy that you decided to do the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. I am hoping to get on there but it will have to wait for a few years. DH wants to try other cruise lines before he books Disney again.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #149
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Looks like a nice big room!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #150
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Karin, when I saw you "paid a visit to the restroom" I thought it said you "paid to visit the restroom" Of course I have seen pay toilets at times - my son used to call them "quarter potties."

Your hotel looks nice. Looking forward to your Park days.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: