Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #91
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Ooooohh, the cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery is amazing! I'm always amazed by the size of it.

Fun morning so far. Pirates always gives me problems photographing it too. Stupid low lighting!

Ahh Cinnamon Roll. I want one now, for breakfast!

I am glad that I'm not the only one that struggles with photos on Pirates. Maybe if I read my camera manual that would help.......hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OziJo View Post
Oooo Beautiful Magic Kingdom at Halloween!! And your DTD photos and descriptions almost make up for the fact that we didn't get there

Also BTMR wasn't operating when we were there so thanks for those photos too. Your Pirate photos are great. We got a few though we need more practice with our camera to get the right settings.

We had a delicious cinnamon roll in DHS. Don't know if it was the same as yours. Oh I miss the food at WDW...
Welcome back! I am slowly making my way through your TR. May I ask what camera settings you used on pirates?

Hmmm I'm not sure if the other WDW locations have the same cinnamon rolls or now. Sounds like some difficult research is needed - any takers?

Too bad that Big Thunder was in refurb for you. There always is something, isn't there.

::Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #92
fabulousmadhatter
Earning My Ears

I have enjoyed this trip report so much , Thanks ! I have, since starting reading this, had a great solo trip myself, if anyone out there is on the fence about going solo....just do it ! I felt safe and was in very familiar surroundings so no fears at all. Bit overwhelmed the first day at the parks but soon got into the swing and was closing MK at 1 am had to take a photo of the train station clock as my kids probably would not believe me.
All the resort cast members and people in line or on transportation were really friendly and most started a conversation, disney related or weather....had some wonderful sunny warm days Jan 24th thru Feb 1st. Loved the OKW resort. One problem was that you have posted such super photos I forgot to take very many myself...lol...in my mind I had already taken them ...mind if I steal a few of yours ? cannot wait for your next trip report.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #93
OziJo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome back! I am slowly making my way through your TR. May I ask what camera settings you used on pirates?
I don't know DH had the camera then I've been reading up and trying to learn some more but it's hard to get it from just reading. I need more practice. DD2 is the best photographer.

Wonderful time at Fort wilderness- A mini TR with Pictures

My Jan 2012 PTR. We Are Coming from the Land Down Under!

Jan 2012 WDW Fort Wilderness Cabins DH DD1/18 DD2/15 DD3/13 and Me
2009 Disneyland with DH & DD1,2 & 3; 2001 Disneyland DD1 with her DGma and dance troupe; 1992 Disneyland with DH & DD1 an unknown passenger after our European trip.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #94
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I'm contemplating a solo trip this year only think that makes me nervous is being in hotel room alone!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #95
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousmadhatter View Post
I have enjoyed this trip report so much , Thanks ! I have, since starting reading this, had a great solo trip myself, if anyone out there is on the fence about going solo....just do it ! I felt safe and was in very familiar surroundings so no fears at all. Bit overwhelmed the first day at the parks but soon got into the swing and was closing MK at 1 am had to take a photo of the train station clock as my kids probably would not believe me.
All the resort cast members and people in line or on transportation were really friendly and most started a conversation, disney related or weather....had some wonderful sunny warm days Jan 24th thru Feb 1st. Loved the OKW resort. One problem was that you have posted such super photos I forgot to take very many myself...lol...in my mind I had already taken them ...mind if I steal a few of yours ? cannot wait for your next trip report.
Hello! So glad that you had a great solo trip!!
Ahhh, OKW 're correct that it takes a day or so get into the solo swing of things, but once you're familiarized isn't it just luxurious to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want? Feel free to save some of my photos for your personal use, I am glad that you enjoy looking at them. I never used to take so many photos until DH bought me an up-to-date camera but then I realized how much I enjoyed looking back at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I'm contemplating a solo trip this year only think that makes me nervous is being in hotel room alone!
Hi there, I 100% understand your concern in staying in a hotel room alone. I used to travel a fair bit for work, so after time you do get used to it. Of course, always use your common sense and use all locks/deadbolts and know how to call security/police.

When solo at Disney, I have stayed onsite at AS Sports, OKW, & Pop Centiury and offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Bluegreen The Fountains, Sheraton Safari & Springhill Suites Sea World. I found the only time I felt sometimes nervous was at the 2BR Timeshares at Bonnet Creek and The Fountains. Because they are so large, you can't see all rooms at once. Then again, I just am extra paranoid sometimes.

For added safety and security, you really cannot go wrong staying anywhere on Disney property.

I actually took a quickie 5 night trip last week and stayed at Pop and I feel very very safe and secure. Because your room is so small and there are so many employees and other guests so closeby (those rooms are packed in like sardines) you have an added level of safety at the value resorts. I would definitely recommend Pop for the solo traveller.

______
______

Ok so now I've rambled on for long enough lol. As mentioned, I returned home several days ago from yet another quick solo trip and I am considering doing a TR on that. - probably will not for my December 2011 trip since I did not hit the parks and shopping and resorts is not as exciting.

But first, I am going to finish this TR up if anyone is still reading, that is.

Let me know if you're still reading this, post a dancing banana or something

Only 1.5 days left to report on!

::Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Old 05-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #96
nannye
DIS Veteran

Hoping you'll update soon! I'm really enjoying reading along. I've thought about a solo trip, but not sure it is for me...
Can't wait for an update!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #97
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Hoping you'll update soon! I'm really enjoying reading along. I've thought about a solo trip, but not sure it is for me...
Can't wait for an update!
You're right, I should finish this thing off! Since this trip, I have had 3 other trips so I will have to go back in time......but I think I will.
I'm surprised that you remembered

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: