Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #31
OziJo
Mouseketeer

The idea of going solo is so alluring that though I have read a few TR's this is the first I'm going to subscribe to.

I love that you did Fantasyland and It's a Small World First. I would definitely do them...if I was going solo. DH despises Small World and the girls were bored with Fantasyland when we were in DL 3 years ago. But I booked a Crystal Palace breakfast and they are excited about that. Maybe they are now at an age (13,15 & 18) where their childhood memories are sweet. Maybe we will do Dumbo after all...

Wonderful time at Fort wilderness- A mini TR with Pictures

My Jan 2012 PTR. We Are Coming from the Land Down Under!

Jan 2012 WDW Fort Wilderness Cabins DH DD1/18 DD2/15 DD3/13 and Me
2009 Disneyland with DH & DD1,2 & 3; 2001 Disneyland DD1 with her DGma and dance troupe; 1992 Disneyland with DH & DD1 an unknown passenger after our European trip.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #32
nadiakim
Disney yesterday, today and forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle599 View Post
Does your DH like Disney?
DH and I actually honeymooned at WDW for 3 weeks back in May 2009 and have been going back for our past 2 anniversaries. There are so many romantic and special things to do.....so don't necessarily count out a Mom & Dad trip!
He said he will be willing to do trips together there when the are older but its hard enough now to get someone to watch the kids right now. I will keep it in mind for the future

ME DH DD (8) DS (6) DD (3) 115 Days till Disney Vactaion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #33
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Sunday, September 11 - continued..

After IASW, I took a minute to check out the old Skyway station. Rumours are that this area will be refurbed such that the washrooms that are beside Peter Pan are moved here, and that the Peter Pan queue will be redone in an interactive manner. We will see....

Not much work has been done lately, and the pond looks a little neglected...green water ick

Next up

Really, there was no wait. I took some time to look through the new interactive queue. I find that a lot of guests get confused, because there are 2 entrances to HM: 1 side is to explore the interactive queue, and 1 side bypasses this for all those people that are impatient. A lot of guests are like "which way do we go?"

Here is Tom Sawyer's island from the HM. I will have more on Tom Sawyer's island in a later post and why this is a great destination for a relaxing day.

Hello dear sweet Leota

HM was fun as always and I really like the new hitchhiking ghosts at the end.

It was about 11:45 and since I only had an iced cappuccino for brekkie, it was time for lunch.

Columbia Harbor House recently had some new menu items added such as salmon with couscous and broccoli. I know the couscous and broccoli can also be ordered as side dishes and since these were healthier options I was eager to eat at CHH for lunch.

Especially on solo trips, I find myself snacking through the day, because let's be clear - there are so many AMAZING snacks at WDW! I find that a typical CS meal often is a bit much food when I am solo.

Because of this, I decided to order 2 sides for my lunch. The steamed broccoli of course (I love broccoli and eat it a few times per week at home). One of my guilty pleasures is fries + malt vinegar at the UK pavilion. Not all CS locations have malt vinegar but I know that CHH does, so I also got a side of fries.

Also got a cup of ice water with my meal. I usually drink a lot of water so I grab a cup of ice water (free!) every chance I get.

The broccoli has pepper and garlic on it (I think) but was very good if you like your steamed veggies to have a bit of crunch left.

The fries were meh....not good like the UK fries.

I should have got the couscous.

My tummy was full after this but not stuffed so I had room for snacks in the afternoon!

Cost of lunch was $4.78 with tax.

I was done eating a little after 12 and strolled back down Main St.

Here is the firehouse closed. Rumour has it that this will be home base for the new interactive MK game.

Pumpkins on top of the firehouse are so cute! Notice the puppy, fire hydrant, spotty dalmatian pumpkins, as well as the pumpkin sign pointing to the restrooms. hehehe Sorry if I am too nerd but this is super cute!

One look down Main St. before I leave MK

Why am I leaving MK?

Sunday, September 11 was the third and final day of The Florida Project. This was a 3-day pin and vinylmation trading event held in World Showplace in Epcot (the building between UK and Canada). This was a ticketed event except for Sunday where between 2pm and 5pm was public day.

I do not know very much about pin trading but I do participate in it casually. DH and I probably have about 30 pins combined and for each trip we look at our pins and decide which ones we're tired of and trade with CMs for pins that catch our eye.

You may sometimes see what I will call professional pin traders, at the pin station in Epcot with books and books of many pins. Wow.

I do not know what valuable pins are, nor do I wish to amass a large collection of pins. But, I was interested in knowing what a pin trading event was like, for curiosity's sake.

So I decided that since these pin events happen rarely, I would hop on the monorail over to Epcot and see what was shaking.

But first, here is a quick snap of the status of my "keepers" as of today.

:: Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: Aug 2014 AsSp :: Sep 2014 Disneyland! :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #34
OziJo
Mouseketeer

That shot down Main Street is beautiful! Makes me so want to be there right now.

2009 Disneyland with DH & DD1,2 & 3; 2001 Disneyland DD1 with her DGma and dance troupe; 1992 Disneyland with DH & DD1 an unknown passenger after our European trip.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #35
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I always think about Mr. Toad too when I ride Winnie the Pooh. I think the funniest thing about that ride was the fact that you ended it in hell. So appropriate for kids. I used to watch Mr. Toad when I was a kid, so I was very familiar with the movie.
I know! At the time when I was on the ride I was at an age that I didn't really notice that we were ending up in hell. Whenever there is something a bit inappropriate it seems like the adults are always OMG! and the kids don't even notice. lol
We are thinking about taking a LA/Anaheim trip next year (just not sure about timing yet) and I am so excited to be reunited with my Toady!
:: Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: Aug 2014 AsSp :: Sep 2014 Disneyland! :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #36
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OziJo View Post
The idea of going solo is so alluring that though I have read a few TR's this is the first I'm going to subscribe to.

I love that you did Fantasyland and It's a Small World First. I would definitely do them...if I was going solo. DH despises Small World and the girls were bored with Fantasyland when we were in DL 3 years ago. But I booked a Crystal Palace breakfast and they are excited about that. Maybe they are now at an age (13,15 & 18) where their childhood memories are sweet. Maybe we will do Dumbo after all...
Wow I feel so special that mine is the first you are subbing to! lol I hope you enjoy and it is not photo overload.

Hmmm knowing how I was as a teen I can understand how WDW can be different and maybe even challenging with teens. The mere fact that your 15 and 18 year-old are willing to go to WDW says that you must be a fabulous Mom!

Quote:
That shot down Main Street is beautiful! Makes me so want to be there right now.
I know, I love looking back at my Main St. photos......I have so many yet I can never have enough.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #37
stitches of laughter
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far! I'm going on my first solo trip in November. You can check my ptr out "memories of ma" and give me any pointers. Your pictures are making me feel better about being alone. I'm still a little hesitant, but your reports are helping.
taken too early

Memories of Ma PTR

numerous family trips prior to 2005
January 2005 YC with Ma & little brother
August 2009 CBR with Ma--most special trip
February 2011 POP with one of my girlfriends

November 2011 POP 1st solo trip

Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #38
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Sunday, September 11....continued....again

So at some times I am extremely photo snappy. One of these times is when there are gorgeous views and this post will have a lot of photos covering now much time-frame. You have been warned!

I wanted to mention that if you like LOW CROWDS, mid-September is a great time to go to WDW. For example, when I was on Haunted Mansion earlier and exited the stretching room, there was ABSOLUTELY NOBODY waiting in line to get on the ride. I have never seen it fully empty, usually there is a crowd of people there.

When leaving MK, I went to get a FP for the new meet and greets with Mickey & Minnie and the princesses. Here is a tip. Mickey & Minnie FP machine is NOT hooked up to the FP system so you can get one even if your new FP window has not opened yet.
However the Princesses FP machine is hooked up to the system so this is not the case for the Princesses.

After leaving MK, I hopped on the express monorail and started chatting with a really nice mom + early 20s son and also an older gentleman who was on the monorail car. We said our goodbyes when exiting the monorail and then to my surprise we all hopped on the Epcot monorail lol.

I love riding the Epcot monorail. Now that my AP will be expiring in a few weeks, if I ever take a quickie non-park trip, the Epcot monorail will be on my agenda.

I REALLY enjoy the view of Epcot from the monorail. Here they are!

As I entered Epcot at 1pm, the park was really empty.

The only evidence of The Florida Project pin trading event, was this small sign in front of spaceship earth.

This pic is my current computer background, I love birds of paradise.

Public Day at TFP did not start until 2pm so I had some time to kill. I think I will have a snack. Off to The Land.

I almost always get the strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons, so I thought I would mix it up a bit. I decided on the Key Lime Pie.

While at $4 it was good, I was expecting it to be a bit better since the strawberry shortcake is so amazing.

I really like the ceiling at The Land.

After my tasty treat I strolled over to World Showplace, and at about 1:45 there was a big long line stretching back all the way to Canada, where Off Kilter plays. I was NOT going to wait in that line.

So instead I went to Rose & Crown and got a Strongbow with a shot of Ribena. This is called Cider and Black and was about $9.50 with tip. Whoops forgot to photograph this.

They were redoing the floors of the Rose & Crown so only a very small segment of the bar was open.

I did a bit of browsing in the UK stores. You know the store with the tea, and then if you walk through to the back it is clothing, then ladies wear and perfume. The farthest back room of this store was blocked off since they were refurbing it.

I was still sipping my drink and noticed that the World Showcase Players were beginning their show. I had only seen bits and pieces before so decided to watch. How relaxing, to sip my drink in the sunshine and watch the show.

Uh, only until they picked me to be in the show. Crap.

I played the fair maiden, turns into the evil witch, then turns back into the fair maiden. The guy that was picked to be Lancelot spoke no english so it was a very interesting experience, but fun!

And here I thought that nothing could top being in Indiana Jones.

Ok I was getting pretty tipsy at this point since I kinda downed my drink while in the show.

Time to go to The Florida Project as I am tipsy.

I had only been in World Showplace on NYE just to use the washrooms at the front so was wondering what this place looked like inside. Here it is!

Really it was just a huge convention room - no different from the convention halls at say Coronado Springs. But huge! I didn't realize how large it was.

The orange bird was there to greet us! Love him!

There were all sorts of old ride tributes.

Mr. Toad!

Skyway vehicle?

20,000 leagues sub

Tables set up in the back for pin and vinylmation traders

Wow there were some seriously pro collectors here! Really, I thought that I was too obsessed with WDW but at this event I had no idea what was even going on, I felt like an outsider to WDW. This is where the hardcore Disney fans were. I had a fun time people-watching (maybe b/c I was tipsy?)

Around the perimeter there were displays set up with upcoming pin releases, pins from other parks such as Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney etc.

There was this presentation stage but it was not being used. I have a feeling all the presentations/events occurred during the ticketed times.

Another look at the 20,000 leagues sub

On one wall there were many different lines. There would be 1 for pin trading, then 1 for vinylmation trading etc. etc. I don't know who you traded with at the end of the line and did not wait in line to find out.

Like I said, since I knew nothing about this event it was a bit overwhelming to me. It was really cool to see all the Disney collectors though!

I was feeling a bit woozy from my drink so decided to chill and watching some of the entertainment.....that is next up.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #39
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love the Orange Bird too! I think it would be cool to see that kind of an event too. It does put perspective on how Disney obsessed we are. I always thought I was obsessed too, but there are a lot of people out there that surpass me. LOL. I bet you being tipsy did make that more interesting.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #40
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm obsessively subbing to trip reports from September now that my own trip is looming. I'm really enjoying your TR so far! I would also like to do a solo trip but I cannot IMAGINE doing a full week! I think my first solo trip would probably only be 3 or 4 nights, mostly because I'm a talker and a social traveler, so I "like to share" - ha! I'd be fine during the day, but at night by myself at the hotel, I'd be lonely and then I'd start getting jumpy to get out and do something. I"d probably be the one person in the pool at 1 a.m.

I think if I went solo, I would do a similar trip to the one you're doing - HM and IASW and snacking instead of full meals. That broccoli looked GOOD (I'm a DEFINITE broccoli lover; I eat several pounds a week by myself), so I'm glad for the tip, as I was wondering if I'd be able to get some decent broccoli at the World next week as I didn't really find it on our trip last year.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #41
OziJo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow I feel so special that mine is the first you are subbing to! lol I hope you enjoy and it is not photo overload.
I love the photos they are just beautiful. Keep 'em coming..

Quote:
Hmmm knowing how I was as a teen I can understand how WDW can be different and maybe even challenging with teens. The mere fact that your 15 and 18 year-old are willing to go to WDW says that you must be a fabulous Mom!
I was a high school teacher so I know how teens can be. I don't take mine for granted. I don't know what we did but they love family gatherings and family trips and are looking forward to this adventure. Apart from the inevitable arguments over the 1 bathroom (at home the girls share and we have our own en-suite). DD2&3 also share a tiny room so they will be used to bunking in. I'm not anticipating any traumas. I think they know how lucky they are.

Quote:
I was still sipping my drink and noticed that the World Showcase Players were beginning their show. I had only seen bits and pieces before so decided to watch. How relaxing, to sip my drink in the sunshine and watch the show.

Uh, only until they picked me to be in the show. Crap.
All part of the adventure...

Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #42
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - continued...again...

After The Florida Project, off I went to see:

An awesome bass amp, belonging to…

Off Kilter! Sorry I had to include the gear pic because DH loves that rig.

Off Kilter were smokin’ as usual. Is the fiddle player a recent addition? I just don’t remember him.

Here is a link to a video of a bit of solo shredding during the 2:30pm set!

Off Kilter @ Epcot!

After Off Kilter, it was time for the 3:00pm set by British Revolution.
I saw these guys play during one of their first performances after replacing The British Invasion and at this point in time they are incredibly polished and high calibre players! And that is coming from me, and I am a self-admitted and critical music snob who has a Minor in music on my university degree and Diploma in music performance.

I also took some video of British Revolution – click the link
British Revolution @ Epcot!

I used my Soarin’ FP that I grabbed when I was at Sunshine Seasons earlier and had a lovely flight.

Left Epcot around 4:30 and via Epcot Monorail + TTC, drove back to OKW where I dealt with my room-changing scenario. On my drive I noticed this pleasant little warning on the sun visor of the SUV (Mazda CX-7 if you forgot). On my cars at home, this warning is that airbags can injure children in the front seats. But this?

I took all corners very slowly in this vehicle.

The pics of my new room are back in one of the first posts. Ahhh OKW is so relaxing and I loved my new room. Building 13 is so close to everything but the room on the 2nd floor feels so private. The stairs up only lead to 2 room and there is luscious greenery surrounding the unit.

I unpacked, hung up my clothes and watched a bit of football (It was the first Sunday of the season!). Went for a lovely stroll around the resort and browsed the general store. I made a stop at the hot tub to soak my legs and feet. Ahhhhhh

Around 7:45 I left for the Boardwalk with a game plan to do a walk-in at ESPN to watch my beloved Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Night Football.

In the past, DH and I have gone to ESPN and it is always packed for sporting events so I really hoped I wouldn’t have to wait in line given that it was the first Sunday night of football and there were special September 11 ceremonies pre-game. As a solo, maybe I could squeeze in at the bar??

Turns out there was no line! I sat at the bar side and learned that the bar was always walk in and sit wherever you want, the line is only for the dining room side. About half the tables were empty on the bar side and this is just before game time. The tables on the bar side are a mix of some booths, some high tables with stools, and of course the bar.

I tried a Mai Tai here – never had one before b/c I’m not a fan of rummy/coconutty things usually. Made an exception here as I was in vacation paradise.

I chose the veggie sandwich with cucumber slaw instead of fries.
Vegetable Sandwich - with chilled, Grilled Zucchini, Onion, and Portobello Mushroom with Greens, Tomatoes, and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on Multigrain Bread $11.49

I did not have extremely high expectations for the food at ESPN since it is a sports bar. But this was really good! It is not a hot sandwich but was very fresh and tasty. I would order this again since it was a very good portion for dinner.
I’m sure I’ll be back here since it is one of DH’s places to go on Disney property….

I left mid-way through the 2nd quarter and strolled around the Boardwalk and back to my car.

This guy is always at the Boardwalk every evening that I am there!

And a short video of part of his entertaining act – click the link below:
Street Performer @ Boardwalk

Back to OKW I went and Skyped DH while we watched the rest of the football game.
Good night moon.

And that is the end of my first full day, who knows what tomorrow will bring!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #43
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitches of laughter View Post
Great trip report so far! I'm going on my first solo trip in November. You can check my ptr out "memories of ma" and give me any pointers. Your pictures are making me feel better about being alone. I'm still a little hesitant, but your reports are helping.
Hey there, I will definitely be checking out your PTR. I find that solo it helps to have a list of things that you must do and have a vague idea of where you want to go about 75% of your days. If I didn't write this down beforehand I would have woke up each morning wanting to do 1000 things but accomplishing nothing. I am just a bit indecisive at times so it helped to have my 'adventure days' planned a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love the Orange Bird too! I think it would be cool to see that kind of an event too. It does put perspective on how Disney obsessed we are. I always thought I was obsessed too, but there are a lot of people out there that surpass me. LOL. I bet you being tipsy did make that more interesting.
Exactly. I didn't want to offend the pro-pin collectors when I wrote that bit, but due to the tipsiness I really thought that I had just walked into some alternate universe or something. It was VERY interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Ok, I'm obsessively subbing to trip reports from September now that my own trip is looming. I'm really enjoying your TR so far! I would also like to do a solo trip but I cannot IMAGINE doing a full week! I think my first solo trip would probably only be 3 or 4 nights, mostly because I'm a talker and a social traveler, so I "like to share" - ha! I'd be fine during the day, but at night by myself at the hotel, I'd be lonely and then I'd start getting jumpy to get out and do something. I"d probably be the one person in the pool at 1 a.m.

I think if I went solo, I would do a similar trip to the one you're doing - HM and IASW and snacking instead of full meals. That broccoli looked GOOD (I'm a DEFINITE broccoli lover; I eat several pounds a week by myself), so I'm glad for the tip, as I was wondering if I'd be able to get some decent broccoli at the World next week as I didn't really find it on our trip last year.
I know what you mean about being lonely at night at the hotel. This was also a concern of mine. But really, if you are going to see fireworks at night, even in the slow season you usually won't get back until 10pm. If you are going to do rope drop the next day, that leaves enough time for a dip in the hot tub and then off to bed not too late. Or you can always go shopping (Premium outlets are open until 11pm M-Sat), or to DTD. It's not like you are spending tons and tons of time in your room probably so I think you will be just fine.

It is so nice to see another broccoli lover here!!!!! Previous to the broccoli being served at CHH, I would have to go to Sweet Tomatoes mid-trip and have a place of raw broccoli and dip so my body would not be upset! haha It's funny but I am being serious. But yea, Sweet Tomatoes is another option if you need to get some "normal" veggie-type food into you. Oh and don't forget your Sweet Tomatoes coupon if you do go!

Quote:
I love the photos they are just beautiful. Keep 'em coming..

I was a high school teacher so I know how teens can be. I don't take mine for granted. I don't know what we did but they love family gatherings and family trips and are looking forward to this adventure. Apart from the inevitable arguments over the 1 bathroom (at home the girls share and we have our own en-suite). DD2&3 also share a tiny room so they will be used to bunking in. I'm not anticipating any traumas. I think they know how lucky they are.

All part of the adventure...
You are right, it is all part of the adventure!

Your family sounds just lovely. Do you have 3 kids total? If so, I bet a room a Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort would be perfect since you would have multiple bathrooms for the price of a value resort. And it is such a gorgeous resort.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #44
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle599 View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
I know what you mean about being lonely at night at the hotel. This was also a concern of mine. But really, if you are going to see fireworks at night, even in the slow season you usually won't get back until 10pm. If you are going to do rope drop the next day, that leaves enough time for a dip in the hot tub and then off to bed not too late. Or you can always go shopping (Premium outlets are open until 11pm M-Sat), or to DTD. It's not like you are spending tons and tons of time in your room probably so I think you will be just fine.

It is so nice to see another broccoli lover here!!!!! Previous to the broccoli being served at CHH, I would have to go to Sweet Tomatoes mid-trip and have a place of raw broccoli and dip so my body would not be upset! haha It's funny but I am being serious. But yea, Sweet Tomatoes is another option if you need to get some "normal" veggie-type food into you. Oh and don't forget your Sweet Tomatoes coupon if you do go!
You have a point about the room at night, and I never thought about it like that - I more thought I'd have all this time in the room. But you're right, if you stay all day, you'll just have time for a quick relaxing dip in the hot tub before bed time. Hmm, something to think about.

I am very much an obsessive broccoli lover - I eat about 2-3 cups a day, 5-6 times a week. I steam it and fresh-grate some black pepper Parmesan cheese over it. I also have a lemon garlic olive oil topping that I like a lot. Or I'll add leftover broccoli to quinoa, or to my sandwiches. I tried it for the first time in my life about 4 years ago, and now I eat it ALL THE TIME. Thanks for the tips!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #45
fabulousmadhatter
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Well the timing of this TR is perfect ! I have booked with Dave for DVC points at OKW in January for 8 days 7 nights. First time Solo and really looking forward to staying in a Delux Resort for the first time. Your photos are really great and your first full day has left me exhausted lol I am a little over 60 yrs young and should maybe start getting back to my treadmill. All your tips about eating smaller and more often are all getting filed away in my trip planning notes. I will try to avoid getting a special needs room at all costs, had one once and found the walk in shower quite dangerous with all the water splashing all over the floor. I am a little worried about feeling a bit weepy when the music and the fireworks are on, always nice to have a body to hug at that time. As for not having to wait on anyone else for anything, PRICELESS. Keep this report coming and thanks.
Too bad Dumbo AND Big Thunder Railroad will be down for refurb during my visit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: