Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #91
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiordia View Post
HI Everyone!!! We are looking at booking this cruise (crossing my fingers it all works out!). We did the MR in January and it was wonderful!!

Just want to know what your deadline is for FE?
We are trying to shoot for November 1 as a deadline, to give everyone a month. But the group is small, so definitely don't hesitate to put yourselves down as a maybe - we won't turn you away, I promise!!!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #92
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears

Final payment made and trip insurance purchased. Alrighty then, we are ready to go!!

Please put Jerry and Vada down as a maybe for the FE. Looks like fun, but I have no ideas as to what to give!

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #93
ravensilverlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkreuser View Post
Final payment made and trip insurance purchased. Alrighty then, we are ready to go!!

Please put Jerry and Vada down as a maybe for the FE. Looks like fun, but I have no ideas as to what to give!

Vada
It's a LOT of fun. There are some great threads on the boards with ideas of what to give. The important thing is to keep it fun and don't stress over it! There's no pressure to spend a lot of money or anything, the coolest part is just having that little extra on your vacation!

Some of the things I've given/received, for example, include: picture mat and marker for characters to sign, mini photo album, Mickey day planner, keychain flashlight, CD with songs by people from the giver's area, magnets for our door, and of course the old standby and much appreciated candy!

One of the coolest was a homemade journal - they had bought only the clear report covers you can pick up at Walmart/Staples or wherever. Then they printed out custom pages for each day of our cruise and put them in order. For example, the first page was labeled "EMBARKATION!" and had boxes where you filled in your stateroom number, your host/ess's name, your servers, etc. There was a page for each restaurant, each port, and each big "event" (like pirate night, or the character breakfast). It was a great gift, because now I have a custom book all about our cruise and I can look at it anytime and remember the Magic (sorry, bad pun ).

Anyway, the point is, DON'T stress. Don't go crazy trying to get the "perfect" FE gift. ANY gift is magical and adds to the fun!

Welcome aboard!!!

Old 09-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #94
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

so now that it is closer should we discuss the shared shuttle again?

Plus I am about to start working on my FE gifts what is our little group up to now?
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #95
ravensilverlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
so now that it is closer should we discuss the shared shuttle again?

Plus I am about to start working on my FE gifts what is our little group up to now?
I've been doing some homework. Super Shuttle looks like a pretty decent deal, and was recommended by some others here. But I'm still trying to find other options, because the only thing they're showing from DL to the port is an "executive car" which costs more than DCL transfers! lol...their prices to/from LAX are great, though - $17/pp.

As far as the FE goes, we only have 3 rooms CONFIRMED (as in, I have names, stateroom #s, and so on), and they are all adult couples! However, we have some "maybes"...*ahem*...that need to let us all know if they're in! (If that's you...PM me your stateroom #, names, kids' age(s) if applicable, and any special notes everyone should know - like an allergy! - so we don't spoil anyone's good time!)

Old 09-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #96
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
I've been doing some homework. Super Shuttle looks like a pretty decent deal, and was recommended by some others here. But I'm still trying to find other options, because the only thing they're showing from DL to the port is an "executive car" which costs more than DCL transfers! lol...their prices to/from LAX are great, though - $17/pp.

As far as the FE goes, we only have 3 rooms CONFIRMED (as in, I have names, stateroom #s, and so on), and they are all adult couples! However, we have some "maybes"...*ahem*...that need to let us all know if they're in! (If that's you...PM me your stateroom #, names, kids' age(s) if applicable, and any special notes everyone should know - like an allergy! - so we don't spoil anyone's good time!)
I can't remember, did I mention that I (Erica) is gluten Intolerant? If not be sure to have that marked

3 huh? Well I guess that leaves the budget open for multiple gifts for all
Old 09-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #97
ravensilverlight

Make that 4! ptkreuser just joined our merry band! Yes, you did include the gluten intolerance, and I made sure to note it.

I am glad the group is this small too...it makes for a not-so-active thread, but it will certainly leave lots of options open for where to meet up (we don't need much room! ) and for really cool FE gifts! I won't give anything away, but I like to make things for my FE gifts and I can spend a lot more time on them when there aren't 50 to make!!!

I can't help it...I'm getting ridiculously excited now. We leave for California in 65 days!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #98
remlap
Mouseketeer

Thinking of joining the party

Hey, we were on the 1st Alaska cruise of the year and weren't planning on going again until 2014 or 15.

However, it looks like we might join you all on this this. We've emailed work, we've emailed our DU agent. By tomorrow we should know for sure and assuming all goes well, we're in.

2008 4 Night Wonder to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2010 2 Night Wonder Los Angeles Cruise to Nowhere
2012 7 Night Wonder Alaskan Adventure
2014 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
2015 4 Night Dream to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2015 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #99
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap View Post
Hey, we were on the 1st Alaska cruise of the year and weren't planning on going again until 2014 or 15.

However, it looks like we might join you all on this this. We've emailed work, we've emailed our DU agent. By tomorrow we should know for sure and assuming all goes well, we're in.
Fantastic!! We would love to have a new member join.

I heard a rumor that the prices dropped for this cruise, is that why you are joining? Too sweet of deal to pass up?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #100
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
Make that 4! ptkreuser just joined our merry band! Yes, you did include the gluten intolerance, and I made sure to note it.

I am glad the group is this small too...it makes for a not-so-active thread, but it will certainly leave lots of options open for where to meet up (we don't need much room! ) and for really cool FE gifts! I won't give anything away, but I like to make things for my FE gifts and I can spend a lot more time on them when there aren't 50 to make!!!

I can't help it...I'm getting ridiculously excited now. We leave for California in 65 days!
ME TOO!!

I am making my FE gift as well, it will be an adventure for me since it is somehting I have never done... I just hope they work
Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #101
ravensilverlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap View Post

Did all go well??? Don't leave us in suspense!

Welcome aboard (I hope!)

Old 09-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #102
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

Time is Flying

I can't believe how fast the last month has gone, I have been very busy with teaching and coaching. The month of September has just vanished on me. Well we are getting closer and closer to the departure date. I was curious of how many of our little band our planning on going to Disneyland in the days prior to leaving and has anyone figured out a good way to get from Disneyland to the port? I'm already to check out the new cars land, I'm glad that I postponed my early year trip this year so I could see the park ready to go when we get there at the end of November. Most importantly since they have opened cars land has the line for Toy Story Mania gotten shorter I'm also excited to see the Christmas theme of Disneyland, it will be my first trip there when that is up and about.... Though I'm told its not as impressive as Disneyworld... but oh well. See you all soon
Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #103
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
I can't believe how fast the last month has gone, I have been very busy with teaching and coaching. The month of September has just vanished on me. Well we are getting closer and closer to the departure date. I was curious of how many of our little band our planning on going to Disneyland in the days prior to leaving and has anyone figured out a good way to get from Disneyland to the port? I'm already to check out the new cars land, I'm glad that I postponed my early year trip this year so I could see the park ready to go when we get there at the end of November. Most importantly since they have opened cars land has the line for Toy Story Mania gotten shorter I'm also excited to see the Christmas theme of Disneyland, it will be my first trip there when that is up and about.... Though I'm told its not as impressive as Disneyworld... but oh well. See you all soon
Adam and I will be doing Disneyland that mon-thur before the cruise... have not yet figured out how we are getting to the port plan to figure that ll out this coming monday. Remind me again where every one is staying. Adam and I are at the BWPPI... everyone else? What dates does everyone arrive? Adam and I get there Nov. 23rd.

By the way i sure hope TSM's line has gotten shorter
Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #104
ravensilverlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
I was curious of how many of our little band our planning on going to Disneyland in the days prior to leaving and has anyone figured out a good way to get from Disneyland to the port?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Adam and I will be doing Disneyland that mon-thur before the cruise... have not yet figured out how we are getting to the port plan to figure that ll out this coming monday. Remind me again where every one is staying. Adam and I are at the BWPPI... everyone else? What dates does everyone arrive? Adam and I get there Nov. 23rd
We arrive on Wednesday, November 28th and are staying at the Ramada Maingate. Still shopping around for transportation...taxis are quoting RIDICULOUS prices from DL to the port! Super shuttle is showing $166.54 for 5 people (SUV) or 134.50 for 4 (car) and NO option for "shared van" service. That's $33 a person and aren't DCL's only $30/pp? Wow! I just know we can do better than that.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #105
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears

We only live 1-1/2 hours from the port so we get to sleep in our own bed the night before sailaway.
BTW, we went to DL one December just before Christmas, and Santa hats are the order of the day. Or you can wait and buy one with mouse ears when you get there.

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: