Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #16
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!

Lack of 2 bedrooms is still a dissapointment!
We are a family of 6 & have always cruised in a Disney Suite on the Magic & now have booked a connecting Cat T & V for our next 2 cruises on the Fantasy!
We will try 1 of the Royals in a couple of years when our 2 oldest will both be in college in February so we will only be 4 though my DW does not like the idea!

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #17
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

No, there is no pool or lounge for the concierge rooms on either the Wonder or the Magic. The rooms themselves are all over the place on those ships. On the Dream and Fantasy, they are in a specific area of the ship (all together).

You can order Palo as well as from any of the rotational restaurants any and all nights. Also, there is no additional charge if you go with Palo. Of course, it is smart to tip the room service people well since they have to make three trips from Palo!
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #18
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Thank you so much for sharing your review. We will be in the Roy Oct 2012 and I was wondering with the murphy beds out if the living space was still usable. You have helped greatly.

Now I am really excited.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #19
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywonderfun View Post
No, there is no pool or lounge for the concierge rooms on either the Wonder or the Magic. The rooms themselves are all over the place on those ships. On the Dream and Fantasy, they are in a specific area of the ship (all together).

You can order Palo as well as from any of the rotational restaurants any and all nights. Also, there is no additional charge if you go with Palo. Of course, it is smart to tip the room service people well since they have to make three trips from Palo!
Was it the same server all three times? Did you tip each course to make sure?
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #20
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

It was one server from Palo for all three courses each time. However, I did make sure beforehand by asking after the first course if that server specifically would be bringing the remainder of the food. So, I provided the tip at the end of the meal. I think that worked fine as the same server was quite enthusiastic the second time he brought us Palo on a different evening.

DWF
Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #21
rsquared
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing, we will keep DREAMing!
rsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #22
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDeeKath View Post
Beautiful pix and a great review. Is there a concierge lounge or pool area on the Wonder that you can recall?

Can you order from Palo any night (ie no limit)? Can you do it by phone or do you have to go to the CL for the orders.

Thanks so much!

Katherine
Sorry, forgot to mention that we generally needed to go through the concierge to place the order. They were more than happy to take care of it and make sure it was done correctly. So, probably a better system than calling room service directly which then has to contact Palo, etc., etc.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #23
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Great review!

Was it extremely windy on the deck when the ship was in motion?

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #24
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Great review!

Was it extremely windy on the deck when the ship was in motion?
I would not characterize it as particularly windy for the vast majority of the time we used the deck. I guess most of the faster movement on the ship is during the night going from port to port. So, it seemed fairly calm out on the deck mostly since the ship was either docked or not moving quickly at all. For example, I do not think the ship goes that fast even on the "day at sea". With that being said, it did get windy when the ship was moving reasonably fast and there was a head wind. But again, that did not happen much at all on our 5 day cruise.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #25
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

Thank you SOOO much for this post. I have been looking for photos of the Murphys's since we booked the Roy for February 2012. We also had to book the adjoining suite as my in-laws are coming and the Roy can only book 5. Although the room is more than large enough to accommodate 6.

thank you again.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywonderfun View Post
I would not characterize it as particularly windy for the vast majority of the time we used the deck. I guess most of the faster movement on the ship is during the night going from port to port. So, it seemed fairly calm out on the deck mostly since the ship was either docked or not moving quickly at all. For example, I do not think the ship goes that fast even on the "day at sea". With that being said, it did get windy when the ship was moving reasonably fast and there was a head wind. But again, that did not happen much at all on our 5 day cruise.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I know when we were on the Dream last Feb. it was very windy on the top decks and even on our side Veranda one of the nights.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #27
dizkids
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics!
dizkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #28
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience.

If I win the MegaMillions, I think luxury vacations would be my indulgence whereas others might splurge on purses and shoes
But since the odds of winning the lottery aren't good, at least I feel like I got to experience it vicariously through your well articulated TR with pictures and video.

Did you got to Remy?If so, please share your experience. I hope to get ressies when we cruise.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #29
tony111
Mouseketeer

WOW! I was gonna leave a comment, but I,ve decided to rush out and buy lottery tickets instead. Great photos. Bye.....
tony111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #30
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaOC-Mom View Post
Thank you for the review and sharing your experience.

If I win the MegaMillions, I think luxury vacations would be my indulgence whereas others might splurge on purses and shoes
But since the odds of winning the lottery aren't good, at least I feel like I got to experience it vicariously through your well articulated TR with pictures and video.

Did you got to Remy?If so, please share your experience. I hope to get ressies when we cruise.
We had intended to go to Remy on the last night of the cruise. However, our youngest was not too excited about being in the kids club from 7 until 10:30 or so on the last night. So, we scratched that part of the cruise and had Palo brought to the room. We were disappointed that we did not have the chance to do Remy on this trip although I am sure we will next time.

DWF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: