Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
srobinet
Mouseketeer

Windsor Hills vs Pop Century?

I just got back from a week at Pop Century adult only trip. This was the first time staying on Disney Property. I thought it was very nice however hard a time time trying to imagine 2 adults and 2 kids ages 7 and 8 in the same room along with a large crowd in May at the food court.

For those of you who have stayed at Windsor Hills did you enjoy it and were the pictures of the resort what you expected? We have reserved a unit for late May and got a good price but I am torn between letting the kids enjoy the cute themes at a Disney resort and the ease of transportation or having all of the extra room a condo offers. Thanks in advance for your opinions!
srobinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 AM   #2
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Windsor Hills. Our stay at AKL was CL and both stays we have had at Windsor Hills have been in pool villas. As much as we loved AKL, its Windsor Hills that we have chosen to go back to this time. For us, having all that extra space in such a beautiful area not much further out than many Disney Hotels, there was no comparison.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris

Last edited by PrincessBelle39; 09-25-2011 at 03:53 AM.
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
dtum
DIS Veteran

Having stayed at WH this past trip for the first time ever (we've always been onsite) I can say we will never go back to onsite. It's just not worth the price. Driving is really close and unless you let your kids go by themselves on the buses, transportation is really easy. We have three families and our last onsite trip was a mess with people at various resorts, DD and her family and DS both stayed at ASMo and we stayed at FW. Since we had our camper everyone ended up with us every day for meals, etc. and DH spent a lot of time driving between the ASMo and FW because we also were the only ones with a vehicle. Loved WH, it was so relaxing and much more vacation-like. Kids all loved walking right out of the house into their own pool (we stayed at a pool house) and having a kitchen AND laundry just made things totally relaxed for everyone. Can't wait to go back!
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
dtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at WH twice now, and have just booked for Oct 2012 at the same place!! Absolutely love it!! And there are only 2 of us!!
I just can't imagine being cooped up in a small hotel room after having all the room, plus outside, at WH.
I will say that I have never stayed on site before, either, so I am not comparing the two - only going by what I enjoy!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both and enjoyed both of them differently. We loved the theming of Pop and being onsite.

We also loved how much room we had at Windsor Hills and enjoyed their resort pool. We stayed in a townhouse and had no issues and would do it again. The only thing we didn't like is the feeling you have staying on prpoperty. Felt like we had lost some "magic."

If you are going to stay offsite I recommend this place highly.
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #6
Lucky4me
****!

Hands down, unless it's just me and my dd, we will always book a vacation home and Windsor Hills is top notch.
As far as the staying on site versus off-
I don't need any Disney magic when I'm asleep, but I do need my space when I'm awake.
Lucky4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #7
dtum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky4me View Post
Hands down, unless it's just me and my dd, we will always book a vacation home and Windsor Hills is top notch.
As far as the staying on site versus off-
I don't need any Disney magic when I'm asleep, but I do need my space when I'm awake.
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
dtum is offline   Reply With Quote