Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #16
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Love the TR so far! Like PPs have said, it feels like we're getting the tour with you! I'm glad you included photos and reported on your pre-ABD days.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #17
*WDW*Groupie*
Mouseketeer

Your TR is off to a great start!

I love all the details and photos! Amazing!

*WDW*Groupie* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #18
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Aaaaawwww.... it's a walk down memory lane! How poignant!

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrzone View Post
sayhello, I've read your past TRs (Western US, Alaska and the Med ABD), and am so glad to see this one! If there were any doubt in the past about wanting to go on an ABD, there sure isn't any after reading your TRs! Can't wait to hear how this trip went
Thanks so much, starrzone! As you can tell, I'm definitely a fan of ABD. I'm glad you've enjoyed my TR's. I should have more of this one up SOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
I'm in! Love the pictures so far. I love the idea of going to a small town before heading to London!
Thanks, emilymad. It was actually a bit of a shock going to London after Winchester. I got over it fairly quickly, but it was a shock! I'm glad you're enjoying my pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
Wow - your photographs and descriptions are just wonderful. I just love the Camelot/King Arthur history . . . whether it's real or not. Thanks for letting us vacation in England vicariously through you.
Thanks, rlduvall! It makes me happy that people like my photos & running commentary. More report up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristilew View Post
Sayhello, now I *really* want to go on a trip with you! You plan such great days! Love the tr so far. It feels like we're walking around Winchester with you!

Thank you for the pictures of the cathedral. How beautiful. It's awe-inspiring to me that generations gave their whole lives to building these, knowing they'd never see the finished product themselves, but wanting to leave something wonderful to last into the future. Amazing!

So glad you did the riverwalk. These little paths have become my favorite thing about England - and your pictures really capture the feel and the light.

I hope the wonderful weather lasted. Can't wait to read more!
I'd love to travel with you, too, kristilew. It will happen some day! I do love Winchester Cathedral quite thoroughly. And the riverwalk was something that had stuck in my head from 30 years ago. I love those sorts of walks, too, obviously. "Off the beaten path".

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Yep, I'd be her travel partner any day!
Well, thank you, minniebeth. Maybe one of these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskidatheart View Post
I enjoyed Part 1 of your trip. As always, great pics and a great TR. Looking forward to the rest of it. You better get busy!
Thanks, Diskidatheart! It's definitely a labor of love! More soon! (You taskmaster, you! ).

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Love the TR so far! Like PPs have said, it feels like we're getting the tour with you! I'm glad you included photos and reported on your pre-ABD days.
Thanks, princessbride6205. I'm so happy you're enjoying the TR! If I've drawn you into my world & my trip, then I've succeeded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WDW*Groupie* View Post
Your TR is off to a great start!

I love all the details and photos! Amazing!
Thanks, *WDW*Groupie*! I'm glad you're enjoying it. There's lots more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
Aaaaawwww.... it's a walk down memory lane! How poignant!
Yes, it is, tufbuf, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Sayhello
Old 09-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #21
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Love the Trip Report...looking forward to more.

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #22
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Love the Trip Report...looking forward to more.
So glad you're enjoying it. More coming soon!

Sayhello
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #23
doreleta821
Earning My Ears

I am here! thank you for share! wonderful pic. I live them very much
doreleta821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreleta821 View Post
I am here! thank you for share! wonderful pic. I live them very much
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying them.

Sayhello
Old 10-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #25
twinmum
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your trip report - really gives us a feel for the tour...but not too much! We're thinking hard about trying ABD next summer, either Italy r Knights & Lights. One of our boys has a physical disability so your TR is giving me a very good idea what to expect, so we can think about which tour would be more manageable. Right now I'm leaning towards K&L partly because my DH and I have been to London and Paris a number of times and would enjoy sharing it with the boys - plus I know what to expect at all the stops and I do speak French we we're all good there! That being said, I've never been to Italy, so I really want to go there. Most important thing is to having a successful, happy, minimum stress trip, and then we'll just sign up for the other for another trip!

Thanks again!
twinmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #26
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
I'm loving your trip report - really gives us a feel for the tour...but not too much! We're thinking hard about trying ABD next summer, either Italy r Knights & Lights. One of our boys has a physical disability so your TR is giving me a very good idea what to expect, so we can think about which tour would be more manageable. Right now I'm leaning towards K&L partly because my DH and I have been to London and Paris a number of times and would enjoy sharing it with the boys - plus I know what to expect at all the stops and I do speak French we we're all good there! That being said, I've never been to Italy, so I really want to go there. Most important thing is to having a successful, happy, minimum stress trip, and then we'll just sign up for the other for another trip!

Thanks again!
Wow! Actually, I haven't even started on the actual ABD yet! Part 3 should be up tonight or tomorrow. That part starts the actual tour.

There are issues for both trips as far as your son's disability is concerned, but know that the Adventure Guides are really on top of working out alternatives in those kinds of situations. They aren't allowed to physically help you with your son, but they work out rides, alternate activities, etc. Both the Italy and Knights & Lights trips have been around for several years, and I'm sure they must have had several people with disabilities on both trips (we had someone with bad knees, and anther person who'd had a hip replacement). I'd call ABD and ask them what they've worked out in the past, and ask for their recommendation. I just think ABD trips are fabulous, and really reduce the stress of traveling!

Sayhello
Old 10-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #27
Icemann
Dis Vet

Once again very beautiful pictures and an amazing trip report,Can't wait to read the next installment,don't keep us waiting to long.
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #28
DisneyEater
Mouseketeer

Great TR, can't wait to see the rest.
DisneyEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #29
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemann View Post
Once again very beautiful pictures and an amazing trip report,Can't wait to read the next installment,don't keep us waiting to long.
Thanks so much, Icemann! I'm *hoping* to have the next part up tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEater View Post
Great TR, can't wait to see the rest.
Thanks, DisneyEater. So glad you're enjoying it. Part 3 should *hopefully* be up tonight!

Sayhello
Old 10-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #30
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

This is wonderful! Beautiful pictures!! I have listened to the podcast discussion of this trip, and really wish I could do it! We have tentative plans for a London/Paris trip (not w/ABD sadly), and I am looking forward to hearing and reading all about it!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: