Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Magalex
DIS Veteran

New Fairfield Inn & Suites near DTD area

Opening in September 2011

As an Official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel, the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® gives you confidence that your trip will be a success because we consistently deliver a hotel experience that's just right. This Lake Buena Vista hotel provides you with just what you need, and skips what you don't, so travel is easy and productive. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff is available to help 24 hours a day. Take advantage of our complimentary amenities, including a daily hot breakfast and wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Purchase your attraction tickets in the lobby and take advantage of our complimentary scheduled shuttle to/from Disney theme parks. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this hotel near Walt Disney World® provides everything you need to make the most out of your stay. Great value and great service, all backed by a name you can believe in: Marriott.
* Official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(r) hotel, located 5 minutes to Disney theme parks!
* Enjoy the newest Marriott hotel in the area, with bright, spacious guestrooms.

12191 South Apopka Vineland Road · Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32836 USA

I just came across this new hotel opening up in October on the Marriott website. For our June 2012 trip this is the type of hotel we are looking for because we have few days at WDW, Universal, & Legoland. We love new hotels offering breakfast.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
Sea World Orlando June 2014-Marriott Grande Vista
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
swilshire
DIS Veteran

I checked it out and even the family suites have a maximum occupancy of 4. Not large family friendly. The newer Fairfields are pretty nice.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Straitlover
DIS Veteran

Looks like it's down near where the Countyr Inn and Suites is according to Mapquest. You leave DTD on Hotel Plaza Blvd and take a left at the dead end where Mc Donalds is (Crossroads). Wonder if it's a brand new building, or did they take over an exisitng hotel and re-brand it?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
Looks like it's down near where the Countyr Inn and Suites is according to Mapquest. You leave DTD on Hotel Plaza Blvd and take a left at the dead end where Mc Donalds is (Crossroads). Wonder if it's a brand new building, or did they take over an exisitng hotel and re-brand it?
That is a good question if it will be a brand new building. I was hoping someone would be able to clarify this if they recently drove past or lives in the area.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
mama03
DIS Veteran

We will be staying there this November after a concert will post back.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Interesting. I tried to see if I could make a reservation for our early/mid Oct. trip but was showing not available (and with platinum status we're supposed to get a room so I'm guessing it's not officially opened then).

Was able to see room choice later in the month. Under room details it says the hotel was built in 1998. So it sounds like they took over an existing property.

Nice to know we can stay at a Marriott property and get EMH.

ETA: I thought that "Disney Good Neighbor Hotel" also meant EMH. Guess not!!! Also, the location isn't all that great (cetainly not DTD). If I'm going to stay on Palm the Res. Inn is much better.

Last edited by dis-happy; 09-26-2011 at 11:11 PM.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

I played with the website, the first night they are booking for is Oct. 15th.

Also, it's a category 4, which is par with most of the other Marriotts in the area (but still high for a Fairfield IMO).
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
Interesting. I tried to see if I could make a reservation for our early/mid Oct. trip but was showing not available (and with platinum status we're supposed to get a room so I'm guessing it's not officially opened then).

Was able to see room choice later in the month. Under room details it says the hotel was built in 1998. So it sounds like they took over an existing property.

Nice to know we can stay at a Marriott property and get EMH.

ETA: I thought that "Disney Good Neighbor Hotel" also meant EMH. Guess not!!! Also, the location isn't all that great (cetainly not DTD). If I'm going to stay on Palm the Res. Inn is much better.
Yes, Mystery solved. The Country Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista is no longer. It is now the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I searched the full address & the Country Inn & Suites LBV came up. Also on Tripadvisor a recent guest mentioned there is construction going on & turning into a Marriott.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
Old 09-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
buzz2400
The TF waves to buzz2400's DS

Yes the Country Inn & Suites has now become the Fairfield Inn. I was there in May and they told me they were going to change the name of the hotel. It sucks because I liked Country Inn & Suites and Fairfield Inn seems to be more money. We are actually trying Windsor Hills this time (condo). It was the same price. FYI, the country inn and suites was a nice little hotel. Very close to DTD and nice eating places all around. Even had a walgreens across the street.
buzz2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Just confirmed this tonight with the manager and as of Oct 7, 2011 they will become a Fairfield Inn.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote