Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #46
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

We're going with the touch of romance-its the closest to the cake we had originally decided on. I actually think it looks better!

WDW countless times with family and friends since I grew up down the road. With my fiance!-WDW May 21, 2010, DL Paris Jan 1, 2011 (just before he proposed) and our wedding/honeymoon Castaway Cay and WDW and DL April 3, 2012!! Probably DL Asia for our 5 year anniversary!

ccbride412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #47
luvs2cruise
Mouseketeer

Touch of Romance is my favorite of the three. I'm not sure if you posted this or not but which ship will you be sailing? Is it the Fantasy?
luvs2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #48
Callymum
DIS Veteran

There was a couple getting married when we were at CC in September this year. Their whole family were there and the had a great day. 
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #49
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Sailing on the Dream!

WDW countless times with family and friends since I grew up down the road. With my fiance!-WDW May 21, 2010, DL Paris Jan 1, 2011 (just before he proposed) and our wedding/honeymoon Castaway Cay and WDW and DL April 3, 2012!! Probably DL Asia for our 5 year anniversary!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #50
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

So my PJ's looking a little boring these days. I have to say there hasn't been much wedding stuff going on recently, but that's all about to change! I'll have pics of the boutoniers and corsages and MOH bouquet up soon as well as hopefully working on a few other surprises!

My mom and I have been working on the picture frame favors for the guests but those are turning out to be a nightmare. We tried painting them, but the paint is getting messed up. We intend to make several different designs -one under the sea, one Disney/Cinderella, and one with just "Dream" all over. The idea is that Tracey and I will photo bomb our guests' pictures (with the help of my mom and sister) and then give the pictures/frames to the guests as a "thanks for coming" present on top of the other favors.

So, once I get some pictures taken, I'll be a posting fool! Til then, sorry for the delay!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #51
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see the updates!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #52
ketwinn
Mouseketeer

I just found your trend. Congrats! I love DCL brides!!
ketwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #53
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Meaghan!
Just catching up on your PJ after having been off the boards for a bit. It's interesting to see everyone's selections from the 2012 guide. The orchid and rose bouquet is really gorgeous!! Does it work as well with your wedding colors as the tropical bouquet? I haven't been able to commit to anything yet, but I figure I have plenty of time still to weigh the options =)

Congrats on being all paid up, and with having less than 4 months to go!! That's so exciting!!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #54
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Those maps are brilliant.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #55
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Thanks! The maps were DF's idea and I think they turned out great! He's so smart! Ok, so I promised pictures and have gotten nowhere with those. I forgot my camera at home and everything's at my mom's so hopefully I'll remember to take it next time and get you all some eye candy!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #56
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Ok, so the moment you've all been waiting for...Pictures! My cousin's daughter helped me out with taking them and I think she makes a lovely stand-in for my sister as MOH understudy.

This is the ring first of all...
[IMG][/IMG]

Next up, the flowers....all are silk, bought at JoAnn's and Michael's.

Part of moms' corsages. These will have ferns to cover the stems. Michael's had these and although silk cala lillies usually look really fake, these look and feel pretty real.
[IMG][/IMG]

MOH bouquet (not finished) it will have a ribbon holding it together better later.
[IMG][/IMG]

Guys' boutonnieres
[IMG][/IMG]

And last, dads' boutonnieres
[IMG][/IMG]

Inspired by Lisa's DH Geoff, DF and I have decided to exchange something for our legal ceremony. I'm not sure what it is (surprise for me), but DF's best friend said it's awesome, so it's going to be good.... Our legal ceremony is on April Fool's Day so we're going for something that's funny and we can wear on April 1st every year as a reminder. I suggested a plastic ball and chain as a joke. We're going to miss out on Pirate night (wedding night), so instead we're wearing our pirate costumes for the legal ceremony. We'd be jailed pirates!

That's it for now. No pics of the dress. I'd love to show it off, but I'm not taking any pics in it so I'm not tempted to show DF! I'm really bad with keeping surprises!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #57
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Well, the close-ups of the flowers don't do them justice. You can't tell they're silk when you look at them in passing, just in super close-up! oh well, the pictures are what they are and I'm not finished with the final touches yet!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #58
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi Meaghan!
Just catching up on your PJ after having been off the boards for a bit. It's interesting to see everyone's selections from the 2012 guide. The orchid and rose bouquet is really gorgeous!! Does it work as well with your wedding colors as the tropical bouquet? I haven't been able to commit to anything yet, but I figure I have plenty of time still to weigh the options =)

Congrats on being all paid up, and with having less than 4 months to go!! That's so exciting!!
Neither go with our colors really. We picked black and white to be simple, but actually that makes it a little easier since the flowers can be whatever I want (everything goes with black and white, right?) I've decided to go with the tropical bouquet. I think it'll look awesome in black and white photos (the kind where just the bouquet is in color) and it's more tropical like what I was going for. My photographer helped a lot with the decision. Tropical it is!!

Old 12-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #59
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbride412 View Post
Inspired by Lisa's DH Geoff, DF and I have decided to exchange something for our legal ceremony. I'm not sure what it is (surprise for me), but DF's best friend said it's awesome, so it's going to be good.... Our legal ceremony is on April Fool's Day so we're going for something that's funny and we can wear on April 1st every year as a reminder. I suggested a plastic ball and chain as a joke. We're going to miss out on Pirate night (wedding night), so instead we're wearing our pirate costumes for the legal ceremony. We'd be jailed pirates!

That's it for now. No pics of the dress. I'd love to show it off, but I'm not taking any pics in it so I'm not tempted to show DF! I'm really bad with keeping surprises!
I cannot wait to see what you exchange. I do love having something from the legal ceremony...it is special.

I know what you mean about keeping surprises, I am terrible. I wanted to show Geoff my dress but he wanted to be surprised so even when it was hanging in the bag in the room, he would not look. I think I would have missed that first look moment if he had already seen it before the wedding. You are doing a good thing! Don't tempt yourself, we will see it when it is time. But, I can't wait!!

The flowers will look great in pictures, don't worry about them looking silk in a close up. If you wanted to you could go outside and take a picture from a distance to be sure.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #60
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Great idea Lisa! I'll have to try that. I know they look beautiful in person.

Loving your TR! I can't wait to read more. You're inspiring me to do more cool stuff!

Tags
castaway cay, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: