Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
snowsue1
Mouseketeer

Driving through Savannah, St Augustine, Daytona Beach, what activities should I do?

I will be driving from Tennesee through Ashville NC, Savannah Georgia, St Augustine , Fla, Daytona Beach Fla on my way to Cape Canaveral.

I will have 2 days to travel (12 hours driving time) and stop and see things on my way.

What should I stop and see on my way to Florida to Cape Canaveral?
snowsue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
candmfox
Earning My Ears

Don't forget NASA

One last stop you should try to make is the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex - a "secret" incredible resource that highlights our nation's space history. Go here for more information: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/

It is very close to the port and can be done in about 4 hours. Great stuff!
Done - 1/10/2014 Magic, 11/8/2014 Fantasy, 11/2013 Disney Fantasy, 8/2013 Disney Dream B2B!,11/2012 Disney Fantasy, 12/2011 Disney Magic NYE, 11/2011 Disney Magic, 12/2010 Disney Magic, 03/2010 Disney Wonder, 11/2009 Disney Magic, 11/2008 Disney Magic, 12/2007 Disney Magic, 5/2007 Disney Wonder, 11/2006 Disney Magic, 12/2005 Disney Magic
candmfox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

WE HAVE STAYED OVERNIGHT IN OLD SAVANNAH. IF YOU STAY RIGHT IN THE OLD PART THERE IS ALL THE OLD SQUARES FROM THE 1800s STILL THERE. YOU MIGHT HAVE TIME TO STOP FOR A COUPLE HOURS IF YOU CANT FOR THE NIGHT. PAULA DEANS ORIGINAL RESTAURANT IS THERE. ITS ALWAYS BUSY. GREAT FOOD. NOT DIET
Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

At St. Augustine, you have Old town, Castillo San Marco (old Spanish Fort), and San Sabastian (sp?) winery (they have a tour with tasting - they have a chocolate port).

There is also the Alligator Farm which is suppose to have most species of crocodilian. They now have a zip line type of thing. I think it is more of where you walk on the wire rather than "zip". I haven't seen it though.

There are two different "train" companies that do tours around Old Town so that you can get on and off all day. It does stop at San Sabastian, Ripley's Believe it or Not and lots of other places.

If it is warm enough, Anastasia State Park is a great place to go to the beach adn still have changing facilities and a snack bar.
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: