Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
hcompton
Mouseketeer

Princess interaction at Cinderella's Royal Table

I recently booked breakfast for our upcoming trip to Disney at CRT to surprise my DD 3. I am somewhat second guessing myself. Last year, we took my DD when she was 2 to Akershus Banquet hall in Epcot and she had a ball! All of princesses came around to our table, signed her autograph book while I was taking pictures. It was a highlight of the trip for her. I recently read a review from CRT where the princesses don't sign autographs and won't pose for pictures at the table. Is this true? My DD was obsessed last year making sure all of the princesses and characters signed her book. Thoughts?
hcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

We had breakfast there last month. We had great interactions with the princesses . We didn't bring autograph books but I imagine they would have signed them. Keep the resize you will enjoy it.
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
akhenaten
Lucky for husband, the neighbors can't hear
My fav ride was the kidddie whip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
I recently booked breakfast for our upcoming trip to Disney at CRT to surprise my DD 3. I am somewhat second guessing myself. Last year, we took my DD when she was 2 to Akershus Banquet hall in Epcot and she had a ball! All of princesses came around to our table, signed her autograph book while I was taking pictures. It was a highlight of the trip for her. I recently read a review from CRT where the princesses don't sign autographs and won't pose for pictures at the table. Is this true? My DD was obsessed last year making sure all of the princesses and characters signed her book. Thoughts?
at crt dinner in July all princesses posed and signed books....

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
CBR 1991Dixie landings 1996 CBR july 2004
POR Riverside July 2011
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
hcompton
Mouseketeer

Yay! Thanks for curbing my doubts! So excited to see the look on DD (3)'s face when we walk into the castle and didn't want anything to disappoint!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
akhenaten
Lucky for husband, the neighbors can't hear
My fav ride was the kidddie whip!!

Quote:
Yay! Thanks for curbing my doubts! So excited to see the look on DD (3)'s face when we walk into the castle and didn't want anything to disappoint!
Don't forget Cinderella is only downstairs when you first arrive...she will sign also...

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
CBR 1991Dixie landings 1996 CBR july 2004
POR Riverside July 2011
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Autographs and photos are pretty much what they do - what you may *not* get much of at CRT is visiting and chit-chat. They keep moving pretty well to get through the entire room, so most tables don't get a lot of time with any one princess.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
Hootch
DIS Veteran

We have been

four times for lunch and there are sometimes when there may have been an issue. We have seen 15 people at the meal and I would guess that two maybe three were not as attentive as I would have liked. Cinderella has always been great.

That may be one of the reasons the wait is long. We grumble while waiting but are happy while visiting.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
Jabba20000
Mouseketeer

We did the CRT lunch last week and all the princesses with my girls. We didn't have autograph books though so I couldn't specify about that.
Jabba20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I recently read a review from CRT where the princesses don't sign autographs and won't pose for pictures at the table. Is this true? My DD was obsessed last year making sure all of the princesses and characters signed her book. Thoughts?
Not true. They do sign and pose for pictures.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

We went to Akershus for dinner and CRT for breakfast in January. In our experience, the princess interaction was much, much better at Akershus. The princesses spent much more time at each table, talked about their stories, asked/answered questions, and led the children in a parade around the restaurant. They didn't seem rushed in the least.

Our experience at CRT was a little different. The princesses did pose for photos, but as previous posters mentioned, the visit to each table is relatively brief. But CRT is the castle, and that's such a fun experience that I definitely recommend trying it at least once. OP, I hope you have a great trip!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #11
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

We were there last month as well as Dec 2010. Pictures and autographs are pretty much the main function of the princesses at CRT.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
hcompton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We went to Akershus for dinner and CRT for breakfast in January. In our experience, the princess interaction was much, much better at Akershus. The princesses spent much more time at each table, talked about their stories, asked/answered questions, and led the children in a parade around the restaurant. They didn't seem rushed in the least.

Our experience at CRT was a little different. The princesses did pose for photos, but as previous posters mentioned, the visit to each table is relatively brief. But CRT is the castle, and that's such a fun experience that I definitely recommend trying it at least once. OP, I hope you have a great trip!
Thanks for the comparison. I'm definitely excited for CRT since it's in the castle, but that seems to be the main consensus about interaction between CRT and Akershus. Appreciate the input.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
Gmouse
It's a small world after all!

I'm having an issue with it myself. DD will turn 2 on our trip. We are in a toss up between CRT and just doing MVMCP. Most have told me to do MVMCP this time, and CRT when she is older. This is making me think I should skip CRT too. If there isn't much interaction there- 2 yr old probably won't be very interested. Akershus on the other hand was an option, but have been told the food is horrible...but the princesses do interact more..........what to do????

Gina (me) Brent (DH) Landon (DS 14) Jaci (DD 4)
Many one day trips growing up ~ May 1996 PORS 1st trip w/hubby & his 1st trip ~ May 2002 WL Landon's 1st trip ~ Febuary 2005 CBR just the 3 of us ~ January 2009 BWV/AKV just 3 of us again ~ Nov/Dec 2011 AKV Kadani/Jambo ALL 4 of us! Jaci's 1st trip & 2nd bday! ALL of ours 1st time @ Christmas!~January 2012 AKV~
Gmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #14
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmouse View Post
Akershus on the other hand was an option, but have been told the food is horrible...but the princesses do interact more..........what to do????
We ate breakfast at Akershus and the food was really good. I've never had lunch or dinner there so can't comment on the food for those. We'll be going back to Akershus on our upcoming trip.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #15
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

During our last visit the princesses cycled through 2 times. We had pictures taken and they all signed autographs. My DD8 loves going there.
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: