Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
mitchs1111
Earning My Ears

Contemporary Garden Wing 8 days

Hello All,

This is my first trip report, I am sort of new to DISBOARDS, but first trip since joining the board. We have completed our 8 day trip recently and I thought I would share some of the highlights of the trip.

First I would like to thank our amazing Disney travel agent Samantha from Golden Ears Travel for booking and taking care of every detail on our trip.

We arrived on Saturday Sept. 10th. Upon arrival in the airport at the ME station, we had to wait about 15-20 mins. for our bus to arrive. We were the last ones they allowed on the bus, but there were at least a dozen seats open when everyone boarded, they must have miscounted.

I had done the on-line check in on the Disney website, so when we arrived at the hotel, we walked up to the desk and the started our check-in process. I had requested a ground level room. Since we were staying in the GW of the CR, I wanted the ground level so we would have the patio. That didn't happen, the CM told us we would be on the 2nd floor in room 6224. Not a deal breaker, we weren't there for the room. So after entering the GW at the point nearest the A-frame building and then realizing our room was at the other end we walked down the halls what seemed like forever, finally arriving at 6224. Even on the left, odd on the right. We walked into the room and the first thing I noticed was that instead of the standard 2 queen beds, we had 1 king bed, as well as the pullout day bed. In the corner of the room was a door, the ones that link adjoining rooms, and it was open. I figured they just forgot to close the door, so I better go close it before someone walks in the other room and gets confused. As I get to the doorway, I turn the corner and the sight is phenomenal. Instead of a bedroom being on the other side of the door, there is a dining area, and beyond that there is a living area, with TV, Blu-Ray Player, and views of Bay Lake. Beyond that is another full bath and wet bar area. We had been upgraded and not told about it at all!!! It was unbelievable. The room had 2 fridges, 2 bath tubs, 1 seperate shower, 2 toilets, 2 TV's, 2 full-size pull out couches, 1 king size bed, 1 day bed pullout, a dining table and outstanding views. The view stretched from the A-frame and pool all the way to Bay Lake looking out at the island. We were shocked, it was unbelievable.

That night we had an ADR for 1900 Park Fare. This was hands down one of the top 3 of our trip. Atmosphere is crazy and loud. Food was pretty good, nice selection. But the characters were amazing. My DD3 loved Prince Charming, and we loved the step-sisters. They weren't evil like the movies, but rather silly and obnoxious. It was one of the funniest thigns to see, their accents were perfect. Would go back just for their shenanigans.

Our first full day in the parks we had an ADR at the CP (Crystal Palace) for a character dining with Pooh and Friends. We ended up seeing Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore. This place was crazy busy when we showed up, but only waited about 10 mins after checking in. Characters were great, food was overall good. Best part is kid's puffed french toast. Tasted just like an elephant ear (only Yankees will get this reference), I had about 5. Crowd level at MK was light, pretty much walked on to all rides in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, and then returned to Adventureland with Fast Passes.
For Dinner we had CRT booked. This was amazing, my DD3 loved it, she was given a magic wand and met 4 different princesses. I strongly recommend it you can book it.

The next day was a Monday, and we had an ADR at the 50's prime time cafe. We aren't big fans of HWS so we rode a few things, ate lunch and left. The cafe was fun, food was ok. I had meatloaf and I was wishing I could have my own instead of theirs. Waiter was lots of fun.

The next day we had an ADR at Akershus for lunch. This was the princess story book lunch. If you can't get CRT, get this, you get 4 princesses plus pictures. But the food was not good. The price says $35.99 to $50.00, but it was like a $12.99 meal. Don't book for the food.

Our last ADR was on Thursday at the Fort Wildernes Camp Grounds for MBYBBQ. It was 2 credits and worth every penny. My DD3 was able to dance with Minnie, Chip, Dale, and Goofy. For some reason Mickey wouldn't touch anyone that night. The dinner included all you can eat BBQ, fixins, ice cream and for the adults, all you want of beer and wine. This was a popoular spot for the Dads. I would definitely go back if given the chance.

Some of the high points of the trip- The room of course, able to see fireworks from room, able to see Electric Water Pageant from room. Crowds were small, except at dining areas.

I really have nothing bad to say, the only bad part of the trip was having to wait 25 mins. for a bus to DTD. Other than that it was the trip of a lifetime.

Hope you enjoy.

If you want pics of the room I have them, but need guidance on posting them.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a magical stay at CR!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Great start!

Tags
contemporary, garden wing, trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: