Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

Just Back - The Good, The Better, and Sweet Baby James what just fell in my lap???

Just a quick review on our trip from Sept 13-21!

The Place: We stayed at POFQ. LOVED this place!! Love the ambiance, the pool, the room (building 1 backside towards parking lot), the food court, the crowd level (low), everything! We will definitely stay here again.

The Food: As usual, not too shabby. Huge portions of course. We took advantage of the free dining. Tried new places this year, The Garden Grill, Tony's, and Liberty Tree Tavern. The Garden Grill was just...meh. The characters were fun and came around several times, the food was good, but not quite our forte. Tony's I loved! If you like italian food, I think you'll like Tony's. Liberty Tree Tavern was an all around complete LOVE from my entire group. The food was awesome. Sci Fi Dine In we will skip next time...we've done this once before, and this time it took freaken forever to get our drinks, food, desert, bill...everything. It was nuts. The food, eh. It's also tough having a tween who doesn't want (and is too old for)the children's menu, and not quite old enough to want to try new things, or things that just look "eeeeeewww" even if they might be delicious.

The Crowds/Rides: Seemed a touch bit busier than years past, but we've gone towards the end of September before. Wait times were really low, like 5 minutes for Pooh or Snow White, or walk in to meet the fairies...maybe 25 mins max for the headliner rides. One night my husband and daughter went on BTMRR three times in a row, got off went right back around walked right on. We also did this with ToT, got off walked right back around and walked right back on. We finally did Toy Story Mania and I don't get the hype. It was an okay ride, but seriously not worth any more than a 10 or 15 minute wait. That's just our opinion tho.

Weather: HOT. So much so that my mil passed out our 2nd day at Indiana Jones. Ugh...that was scary for the 11yo. She was fine, just hadn't drank nearly enough water for the temps. It was low to mid 90's the first couple of days, then cooled down a tad to upper 80's. Rained a couple of days in the afternoon but we managed to avoid it by being on rides or in shows.

MNSSHP: MUST DO!! Oh man, this was our first year going, hubs and I were Jack and Sally, dd was Fawn, mil was a hippy and fil was Willie Nelson. Everything about this was worth it! The parade was amazing, the fireworks brilliant, ride waits nonexistant...crowded tho!

and, Sweet Baby James, what just fell in my lap???? : On our 2nd ride of ToT of the night, just before the ride ended, during one of the drops, something plopped in my lap. I mean, PLOPPED. I felt it hit my lap, so much so that I thought it was someone's hat, mickey ears, something like that. I reached down to see what it was, and THANK GOD it was pitch dark and I was strapped in....because whatever it was had legs and it WRAPPED ITSELF AROUND MY FINGERS!!!! I shrieked like a demon and flung whatever it was off into the blackness. My apologies to anyone it may have hit
Really, I freaken hate spiders and crawly things...so if I hadn't been strapped in I would have leaped off the ride, and if I could have seen what it was I would have had nightmares for months. I don't want to know what it was. Gah!!!

Any questions or anything else you can think of...just ask!

Old 09-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaB View Post
and, Sweet Baby James, what just fell in my lap???? : On our 2nd ride of ToT of the night, just before the ride ended, during one of the drops, something plopped in my lap. I mean, PLOPPED. I felt it hit my lap, so much so that I thought it was someone's hat, mickey ears, something like that. I reached down to see what it was, and THANK GOD it was pitch dark and I was strapped in....because whatever it was had legs and it WRAPPED ITSELF AROUND MY FINGERS!!!! I shrieked like a demon and flung whatever it was off into the blackness. My apologies to anyone it may have hit
Really, I freaken hate spiders and crawly things...so if I hadn't been strapped in I would have leaped off the ride, and if I could have seen what it was I would have had nightmares for months. I don't want to know what it was. Gah!!!

Any questions or anything else you can think of...just ask!
If that were me I would have become a new permanent guest at ToT or at least my ghost would have, I would have had a massive heart attack right then and there and been gone!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
ScoJo15
There will be days when I don't know if I can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime knowing that I have. ~ Unknown

Quote:
Thanks...gonna be thinking of this when I'm on ToT next week!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
jayandstacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rats!

(or maybe lizards?!?!?)
Old 09-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
summerskye
Ears Earned, What's Next

Thanks for the report.

Sorry about the lap dance...

Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Lizard sounds good - they have those legs they can wrap around. A insect would just scuttle off.

Lizard wouldn't bother me, but spider would. Of course, in the dark, you don't know .

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; planning Universal Portofino/WDW Coronado Spring Break 2014 with friends !
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 09-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking gecko....did it try to sell you car insurance?
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

Old 09-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
alexensmom
Mouseketeer

Gagging right now!!! UGH! ...Lap Dance...LOL!! I must tell this story to my DD.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
sunburnin
Mouseketeer

Are you sure it wasn't Remy?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
Iwant2BAprincess
DIS Veteran

What night did you do MNSSHP? We were there on the 16th and saw about 3 couples besides ourselves dressed as J&S
Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Well, if it was able to wrap its legs around your finger, the good news is that it survived the drop. Good thing your lap was there to break its fall.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
tinkerbell20
Mouseketeer

OMG!! I am leaving in a few days and was looking forward to going on this ride. I have never before and now I don't think I can!!! I hate bugs.....I would not be right after that!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
summerskye
Ears Earned, What's Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexensmom View Post
Gagging right now!!! UGH! ...Lap Dance...LOL!! I must tell this story to my DD.
tell the lap dance story to dear daughter, me confused.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
summerskye
Ears Earned, What's Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post
I'm thinking gecko....did it try to sell you car insurance?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #15
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Oh my gosh, I could feel something wrapping it's legs around my finger as I was reading this!
Lizard is sooo much easier to deal with than spider....yeah, that's what I bet it was, a lizard....

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
My new avatar is one of my tags

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: