Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #31
BDL
DIS Veteran

We're not going to the Four's, but we will be going. Might pre-game at the bar I work at, and then hoof it over to the Garden.

I, as well, will be wearing my Lucic sweater.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #32
BDL
DIS Veteran

Senators - 2 Bruins - 1

What a tragic night. I was in the stands for last night's pre-season game and all I could do was continually pinch the bridge of my nose and shake my had from side to side. It was just a disgusting display.

Now, I'm not talking about the 2-1 loss that the B's had last night. Though that was fairly disheartening too. What I am referring to is the incursion of "Pink Hats" (sometimes referred to as "Pink Helmets" in hockey and football circles) at the game last night. For those that don't know, "Pink Hat/Helmets" are... ahem... fans that are band wagon jumpers. I thought, of the 4 major sports, hockey would be immune. Looks like I'm wrong.

They can be spotted fairly easily. Their team shirts and jerseys have ZERO mileage on them. They will be the ones more interested in gossiping with their friends than in a short-handed bid or a fight at center ice. And (I loved seeing this last night) they tend to view the game through their iPhones so that they can constanly post to Facebook.

Now, I am all for people getting into hockey and expanding the game (but no more expansion franchises, please, NHL). I will answer any game related question someone might ask me, whether they be man, woman or child (have explained icing well over 100 times the past 4+yrs). I appreciate that you want to know more about the game. But if you come to the game, PLEASE!!!!... come to the game to SEE the game. Don't take up seats that real fans would kill for, just so that you can twitter that you are at a B's game.

I take solace in the fact that this was just a pre-season game. And hopefully, the other season ticket holders in my section just gave them out to anybody. Like I said, "HOPEFULLY".

Ohh, Declansdad, "Pink Hat/Helmets" are apperently not exclusive to Boston. In the row in front of me and a few seats to the left, were 2 ladies wearing bedazzled Habs t-shirts, who at random intervals would just yell "GO MONTREAL!!!" You could imagine the looks they garnered.

This is wrong for so 3 reasons:
1) Not a wise thing to be praising the Habs at the Garden
2) Correct me if wrong, but isn't the Montreal chant "Go Habs Go" not "Go Montreal"
3) Why are you yelling "Go Montreal" when the B's are playing frickin' Ottawa?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #33
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
What a tragic night. I was in the stands for last night's pre-season game and all I could do was continually pinch the bridge of my nose and shake my had from side to side. It was just a disgusting display.

Now, I'm not talking about the 2-1 loss that the B's had last night. Though that was fairly disheartening too. What I am referring to is the incursion of "Pink Hats" (sometimes referred to as "Pink Helmets" in hockey and football circles) at the game last night. For those that don't know, "Pink Hat/Helmets" are... ahem... fans that are band wagon jumpers. I thought, of the 4 major sports, hockey would be immune. Looks like I'm wrong.

They can be spotted fairly easily. Their team shirts and jerseys have ZERO mileage on them. They will be the ones more interested in gossiping with their friends than in a short-handed bid or a fight at center ice. And (I loved seeing this last night) they tend to view the game through their iPhones so that they can constanly post to Facebook.

Now, I am all for people getting into hockey and expanding the game (but no more expansion franchises, please, NHL). I will answer any game related question someone might ask me, whether they be man, woman or child (have explained icing well over 100 times the past 4+yrs). I appreciate that you want to know more about the game. But if you come to the game, PLEASE!!!!... come to the game to SEE the game. Don't take up seats that real fans would kill for, just so that you can twitter that you are at a B's game.

I take solace in the fact that this was just a pre-season game. And hopefully, the other season ticket holders in my section just gave them out to anybody. Like I said, "HOPEFULLY".

Ohh, Declansdad, "Pink Hat/Helmets" are apperently not exclusive to Boston. In the row in front of me and a few seats to the left, were 2 ladies wearing bedazzled Habs t-shirts, who at random intervals would just yell "GO MONTREAL!!!" You could imagine the looks they garnered.

This is wrong for so 3 reasons:
1) Not a wise thing to be praising the Habs at the Garden
2) Correct me if wrong, but isn't the Montreal chant "Go Habs Go" not "Go Montreal"
3) Why are you yelling "Go Montreal" when the B's are playing frickin' Ottawa?

1) LOL

2) Yes it is Go Habs Go.

3) because they aren't really fans, maybe they were puck bunnies.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #34
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

It's definitely a different atmosphere at a preseason game. Just remember, a lot of the fans have never been to and NHL game and probably will never be to one again.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #35
BDL
DIS Veteran

Bruins - 3 Islanders - 2

The Bruins finished the pre-season 4-1-1= 9pts. A couple of concerns, but you can't argue with the results.

John Tavares opened the scoring Saturday. And this 1 I really can't fault Timmy on. Eventhough it was a rebound, it was also on a 5 on 3 by 1 of the most under rated offensive players (I draft him on my fantasy teams whenever possible). The 2nd goal you can kind of leave at Thomas' feet. Once again, a rebound goal.

But that is where the NYI scoring ends. The Bruins went on to score 3 unanswered goals. Even though the Seidenberg goal was the game winner, I'd have to say the most important goal was Seguin's. Not only was it his 3rd goal of the pre-season. But it also demonstrates that he is accepting the fact that he doesn't have to depend on his own individual effort to score. Being in the right place for a feed can be just as important.

Julien has a tough decision to make. Do you put Seguin on the 3rd line? Do you bump Horton or Peverley to put him on 1 of the 1st two lines? Or do you rotate the 3 of them between the 2 lines and hope that since there is familiarity from last year, the chestry will be fine?

Personally, I think you start him off on the 3rd line and let him quarterback the 2nd PP unit. That way you can let him try to play his way into the other lines. Worked for Marchand last year.

GOD!!! I can't wait til Thursday!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #36
BDL
DIS Veteran

Incredible night last night

Yesterday was the 1st of a 3 day period when season ticket holders not only get their picture taken with the Stanley Cup, but actually get to touch it. It was AMAZING!!! They had it turned so that the 1st thing you see is the freshly engraved names of the 2010-11 Bruins. And to answer the 2 most pertinent questions on people's minds:

Yes. Cam Neely is on there.

And...

Yes. You can see where Ryder dropped it.

I have been around the World Series trophy before. But there were un-Godly strict rule about being in the proximity of it. So I thought that the same rules might apply to seeing the Cup. Nope. It was a very chill setting. We got in, no problem. No wait. When people were posing with it, families had their hands all over it. Friends were hugging either side of it. And it was just a very lax atmosphere (Take THAT! Commissioner's Trophy). Afterwards, there was a lot of wares for sale. Some are framed ticket holders. Some custom jewelry. There were the 3' bobble head dolls of Looch and Z. But the table we were attracted to, was the autograph merch table. We walked away with 2 autographed pics. 1 of Thornton, 1 of Thomas. In both pics, they are raising the Cup and they signed right on the Cup which was wicked cool.

We are 56+hrs away from raising the banner and dropping the puck for your NHL Champions BOSTON BRUINS!

"Let's go Bruins" (clap) (clap) (clap clap clap)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #37
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

Just got my tix for Bruins vs Carolina on Oct 12th...woooohooo. Decent seats...4 tix for $85 with a parking pass on Stubhub. First time I ever had to pay for tix though. My company has always had season tix to Carolina and I always get the Bruins tix but this year we arent doing the season tix so I had to buy them...will be said not to sit on the blue line 14 rows up...but no way was I spending $125 a tix...
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #38
BDL
DIS Veteran

Ring Ceremony (T-31h 30m til face-off)

The Bruins took 1 more step towards the beginning of the season last night. They were presented their Stanley Cup Champion rings. All I can say is "WOW!" Talk about bling. I saw a picture of Patrice Bergeron wearing his. You can see his bicep flexing just to raise his arm.

The Bruins had purchased over 500 rings for not just the players, coaches and staff, but also for organizational employees (I wonder if the Ice Girls get 1?)

It's getting closer. I can already feel the electricity. The only thing that detracting from my mood is that the commisioner of my fantasy hockey league is dragging his feet on setting up a draft date.

Ok... I'm attempting to apply a pic of the ring here, and am pretty sure I'll fail. But, here goes.........

Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #39
BDL
DIS Veteran

This is It...

This is It...

4 hrs til I get to the Garden and the pre-game rally

6 hrs til the banner starts to get raised (might get a little emotional )

7 hrs til the first face-off in a world where the Bruins are Stanley Cup champs (will DEFINITELY get emotional )

The lines are now set:

1st) Horton Krejci Lucic
2nd) Marchand Bergeron Peverly
3rd) Seguin Kelly Pouliot
4th) Paille Campbell Thornton (Best 4th line in the NHL)

The pairings on D will probably vary game to game. But always there for the big hit and /or the take away:

Chara Seidenberg Ferrence Boychuk McQuaid(Darth Quaider) Corvo

Then in goal, probably 1 of the best tandems in the NHL:

Thomas and Rask

Just announced over 98.5, the B's have named the 3rd captain:

C- Chara A- Bergeron A- Ferrence/Kelly (Ferrence at home, Kelly on the road and then switching mid-season). Though the 2nd 'A' is a little unconventional, Julien has been known to take an 'A' and re-assign it accordingly during the season.

Speaking of Julien... If anyone has ever doubted slow and steady wins the race, just look at the job Julien and Chiarelli. Kept the ship going in the right direction no matter what the rumblings were. And when the rumblings started coming over the sides, there was Neely to motivate his crew.

I will be a the game tonight and I'm DVR'ing it. The only thing that could make this better would be if it were on NESN and we could hear Jack Edwards weep openly. By the way... Does anyone even think that the game will get ANY kind of mention on Sportcenter? I don't.

I can't wait.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #40
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH BBBBBBBBBBBBB's!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #41
momrek06

BDL, you are so lucky you get to see them BOTH on TV and at the GAMES!!!!

We are from Boston, moved to SoCal in 2008. We cannot see them at all. I wish wish wish there was a way to see them????

Will you be taking a camera tonight? If so would you please take some pics and come back and post for me!!!!!

My DS (27yo) lives an hour south of me in La Jolla, he has the exact same BRUIN you have in your siggy on his profile pic on FB!!!!

Neat story; the day after they won the Championship, my niece, (23yo), who is an Agent with the Boston FBI had a luncheon at some hotel in downtown Beantown. When all the Agents got to the hotel for the luncheon they were told by concierge that they would have to move their luncheon to a different function room (that they usually use) as they needed that room they usually use. FBI agents all say, FINE, NO BIGGIE. So they are in their function room having their meal and conference and in walk ALL THE BRUINS WITH THE CUP. My niece about lost it AS did all the Agents. The Bruins came to say TY for bumping at the last minute to a new room. AND then the Bruins STAYED in that room with them and stayed and stayed and took tons of pics with them!!!!!

KAR

Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #42
momrek06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSDw3...eature=related

HAVE FUN WATCHING THIS VIDEO … this was from MY days!!! Oh man, was he ever amazing to watch over and over again, night after night … oh and look, no helmets, no faceshields … ugh.

KAR

Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #43
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
BDL, you are so lucky you get to see them BOTH on TV and at the GAMES!!!!

We are from Boston, moved to SoCal in 2008. We cannot see them at all. I wish wish wish there was a way to see them????

:
I don't know what kind of cable company you have out there. But the games tonight will be broadcast on Versus network (or NBC Sports network depending on if they changed the name yet). NBC bought Versus after they saw the success Versus was having with the NHL last year.

If you have satellite, maybe you can get CBC?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #44
momrek06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I don't know what kind of cable company you have out there. But the games tonight will be broadcast on Versus network (or NBC Sports network depending on if they changed the name yet). NBC bought Versus after they saw the success Versus was having with the NHL last year.

If you have satellite, maybe you can get CBC?
HOLYYYYYYYY TOLEDOOOOOOO, I have THAT channel. Just set to record!!!!!!!! WOW, thanks so much. We have COX. I wonder if I can see more of them? This was the channel we were able to watch all the playoffs on!!!!

KAR

Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #45
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Enjoy the banner raising tonight Bruins fans. You may not see another for a long time.

ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: