Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
Snowflakey
Mouseketeer

Big Bruins fan here We are all set for next week

DD still believes she will marry Seguin

Tim Thomas brought the Cup here to Vermont and we had front row viewing! I got a ton of pictures and it was such a fun crowd

I'm already planning a fun meal to kick off the new season next week - I"m such a freak that way. I'm thinking "Bruins themed" cupcakes are on the agenda
Snowflakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I know it's only pre-season. And I'm not trying to get ahead of myself. But the Bruins had a great weekend.

Friday was touch and go for a while. But they kept clawing back to tie and then came back again to take the lead. I know they faced a 3rd-4th string goalie in the 3rd period. But it definitely looks like the 2nd line picked up where they left off. 2 out of the 3 of them had 3 pts (Marchand slacked with only 2 pts this night).

As for last night's game against Montreal... I don't have a frickin' clue. I mean it's great that the B's won, but it seemed that every score was a special teams score of some kind. And have you ever seen a game that had 6 unassisted goals?

Anyhoo...... 2 pts is 2 pts.

It's 10 days til the season opener... AND... Because we are season ticket holders, 1 week from today, we get a photo op with Lord Stanley's Cup.

Next week is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!

Man you really get into the preseason.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #18
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Man you really get into the preseason.
Why not? It was just a couple of years ago that I'd see players by the names of Rask and Marchand, in these preseason games.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
northernlady
Earning My Ears

Another Bruin Fan right here!! We are from Vermont and went to a few games last season. We will be at the October 8th game against Tampa Bay. I wanted to see the banner raised but couldn't get tickets. I Can't wait to watch them again this year!!
Go Bruins!!
northernlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #20
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Why not? It was just a couple of years ago that I'd see players by the names of Rask and Marchand, in these preseason games.

Just kidding with you.

It's great when the preseason roles around, if only to signal that the real thing is just around the corner. That's when I get excited.

I was at a golf tourney with a few of the Bruins this past summer (as well as some other players). For the most part, they were a pretty decent bunch of guys. One was a bit cocky but when you had just won the Cup I guess that could be expected.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Just kidding with you.

It's great when the preseason roles around, if only to signal that the real thing is just around the corner. That's when I get excited.

I was at a golf tourney with a few of the Bruins this past summer (as well as some other players). For the most part, they were a pretty decent bunch of guys. One was a bit cocky but when you had just won the Cup I guess that could be expected.
I know you were just ribbing.

I was just bragging about spotting the talent. Unfortunately, it's tougher to spot heart. I also raved about Kessel during the pre-season games.

Btw... First injured fwd, remember the names Caron, Spooner and Knight.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #22
BDL
DIS Veteran

Looking for Confirmation

If anyone can confirm this, I would love to know. Cuz this is just too funny.

Here is the unconfirmed rumor that I heard:

For the entirety of the pre-game warm ups before the pre-season game between Vancouver @ Edmonton, the Edmonton arena was playing "Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys. Consequently, there were 6 fighting majors (3 a side) in the first 10:17 of the game. 4 of which were within the first 3:07.

If anyone can confirm or deny that "Shipping Up to Boston" was playing during the warm ups, please let the rest of us know.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #23
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Another one here that bleeds black and gold.

Can't wait for the season to start!!!

I HATE Ryder, but can't say anything after his performance in the playoffs. Too bad he can't play like that during the season. LOL

Most impressed by both McQuaid and Ference. I'm gonna have to go find a #21 jersey now.
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #24
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Congrats to the Bruins on another huge Pre-Season win over the Habs last night.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #25
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

AND no one got arrested!! LOL
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #26
BDL
DIS Veteran

Fanatasy Hockey

When you trash talk on your fantasy hockey boards, do you trash talk on behalf of your favorite team or your fantasy team?

Cuz I'd think it would be weird if you bragged that the player on your fantasy team scored a hat trick the night before, if he did it against your home team's goalie.

Just a thought of the day.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #27
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
When you trash talk on your fantasy hockey boards, do you trash talk on behalf of your favorite team or your fantasy team?

Cuz I'd think it would be weird if you bragged that the player on your fantasy team scored a hat trick the night before, if he did it against your home team's goalie.

Just a thought of the day.

As long as the my favourite team wins by 1, I'm good with it.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Go Sid, Go Geno! I wanted to say hello to everyone - Penguins Season Ticket Holder - Just wanted to say that having my picture taken with the cup was probably one of the the happiest days of my life. I'm fortunate to have a cousin in the ownership group, but I understand that there was up to a 7-hour wait for STHs to have their photo op. Wear comfortable shoes, BDL!
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #29
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
Go Sid, Go Geno! I wanted to say hello to everyone - Penguins Season Ticket Holder - Just wanted to say that having my picture taken with the cup was probably one of the the happiest days of my life. I'm fortunate to have a cousin in the ownership group, but I understand that there was up to a 7-hour wait for STHs to have their photo op. Wear comfortable shoes, BDL!
I think the B's learned from a previous "meet th Cup" blunder this Summer.

This time they offered season tix holders available times based on their seniority. Once the time frame is selected, the free tix were printed by Ticketmaster and elivered 2nd Day. If you don't show and check in by your 2 hr window, you don't get in. But I still expect a 3+hr wait.

Disney should take a hint from the time frame thing for the fast passes.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
MickeySP
DIS Veteran

So who is going to the actual game?

We are doing dinner at The Fours before - hope to see some of you there. I will be the woman wearing the Thomas jersey, while DBF will be in his Lucic one.

Go Bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MickeySP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: