Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
motogp
Mouseketeer

Strollers on disney buses?

Are you allowed to bring your strollers on the buses for transportation to and from the MK? Double strollers?
motogp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp View Post
Are you allowed to bring your strollers on the buses for transportation to and from the MK? Double strollers?
You can take stroller on the bus, but they have to be empty and folded. You will have to hold on to them, they don't go under the bus.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Yes, you may take them on the buses (single, double, or larger). Like PP said, they have to be folded and you have to hand-carry them. If I may offer some advice

1) Please have your stroller folded before the bus arrives. When you see the bus coming, that's a good time to fold it. Don't wait until you're standing in the doorway, swearing under your breath

2) Please realize there are other people on the bus. Your stroller doesn't get to take up 3 seats by itself.

3) Please be mindful of other people as you walk by- my kneecaps thank you in advance

4) Don't just leave your stroller at the front and go sit down, hoping that someone will hold it for you. Your trip is not more important than anyone else's.

5) If the bus looks like it's going to be full, don't expect to board and have someone give up their seats so that your prince(ss) can sit down. While it would be nice if everyone gave up seats for children/pregnant women/the elderly, they were there before you and have every right to the seat they are occupying.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
jcwedit
Earning My Ears

As someone who as "graduated" to a double stroller let me offer you my advice... Taxi. It's faster, easier and you don't upset people who seem to want to be upset. We have a baby jogger double and getting it on and off the bus is just too hard and stress full. If we can't walk or monorail we budget for the cab ride.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwedit View Post
As someone who as "graduated" to a double stroller let me offer you my advice... Taxi. It's faster, easier and you don't upset people who seem to want to be upset. We have a baby jogger double and getting it on and off the bus is just too hard and stress full. If we can't walk or monorail we budget for the cab ride.
I'd also suggest a rental car. Yes, it means you'll have to take the tram to the parking lot (if it is a far walk to your car) but so much more flexibility.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Niebz
DIS Veteran

We have a double stroller that we plan to take on the buses but it does fold pretty small. It shouldn't be a problem as long as you're courteous of others. I invested in a super-sized diaper bag to hold all our stuff so that the stroller can remain empty and quickly folded down for transportation. You definitely won't be the only one with a stroller on the bus and I'm not sure why anyone would get angry about it.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
lauralong81
(insert witty, Disney related remark here)

We took a double, and we were fine. But I was VERY aware of all of the above posters suggestions. Folding it up before the bus arrives (as soon as we got to the bus stop), watching that it didn't hit anyone, and not giving it a seat of it's own. Our's was actually compact enough that it slid under the seats so that is what we normally did with it. I don't see a reason to pay extra for a taxi or a rental car and parking... unless it is Christmas or spring break or some other crazy busy time with packed buses at all tiems. Disney was made for families and strollers are just a part of the territory. Just be considerate, and it won't be a problem.
lauralong81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
Elisa84
Mouseketeer

We take our double on the bus. It's a hassle sometimes when the bus is full, but I found the best spot is to be towards the back side doors.

I seconds the advice on having it folded up before the bus stops. Make sure you have everything out of the basket underneath and drinks out of the cup holder :P
Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #9
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We will be traveling with a double stroller for our 2 trips next year. I am dreading having to deal with that thing, but its just a way of life with little ones. Hoping for some empty busses
Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
mom2_3girls
Mouseketeer

what about medical strollers. My dd is 9 and will be getting her medical stroller in November and we'll have it for our trip in March. I know its going to be bigger than a double stroller...I'm very nervous to have to travel with it. It will only be me and my 3 dd's..so no dh to help.

me : dh: dd (17) dd (11) former wish child dd (10)
2009 offsite, 2010 Disney Marathon/offsite
2011 Give Kids the World
2012 POP Century/CBR, 2013 BC/AKL, 2013 AoA/Disney Dream
mom2_3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2_3girls View Post
what about medical strollers. My dd is 9 and will be getting her medical stroller in November and we'll have it for our trip in March. I know its going to be bigger than a double stroller...I'm very nervous to have to travel with it. It will only be me and my 3 dd's..so no dh to help.
It'll be allowed, no issue

Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #12
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
It'll be allowed, no issue
This may or may not be true. If the medical stroller is approved for travel and has tiedowns, you may be able to wheel it onto the bus.

To the PP you may want to post on the Disabilities board. If you know the stroller you are getting, you should be able to get some real life experience from the people on the disabilities board.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
mom2_3girls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
This may or may not be true. If the medical stroller is approved for travel and has tiedowns, you may be able to wheel it onto the bus.

To the PP you may want to post on the Disabilities board. If you know the stroller you are getting, you should be able to get some real life experience from the people on the disabilities board.
Thanks...I forgot about that section. I will check it out when the time gets closer.

me : dh: dd (17) dd (11) former wish child dd (10)
2009 offsite, 2010 Disney Marathon/offsite
2011 Give Kids the World
2012 POP Century/CBR, 2013 BC/AKL, 2013 AoA/Disney Dream
mom2_3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #14
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
Yes, you may take them on the buses (single, double, or larger). Like PP said, they have to be folded and you have to hand-carry them. If I may offer some advice

1) Please have your stroller folded before the bus arrives. When you see the bus coming, that's a good time to fold it. Don't wait until you're standing in the doorway, swearing under your breath

2) Please realize there are other people on the bus. Your stroller doesn't get to take up 3 seats by itself.

3) Please be mindful of other people as you walk by- my kneecaps thank you in advance

4) Don't just leave your stroller at the front and go sit down, hoping that
someone will hold it for you. Your trip is not more important than anyone else's.

5) If the bus looks like it's going to be full, don't expect to board and have someone give up their seats so that your prince(ss) can sit down. While it would be nice if everyone gave up seats for children/pregnant women/the elderly, they were there before you and have every right to the seat they are occupying.
Good advice! I especially like #5.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post

Well, the STROLLER will be allowed on the bus no matter what. It's just a matter of if it is DOT approved and has tie-downs that would allow them to keep it unfolded and used as a seat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: